Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DRS and the future of MD

Posted by nate53 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DRS and the future of MD
September 04, 2016 01:15AM
I'm not a true MD techie. I'm an engineer but not all that knowledgeable about the innards of a typical detector. Now that that's out of the way, here's my question.

The future of detecting and advances in technology seem to be a popular and frequently discussed subject on this forum, and one that I follow with great interest. I'm wondering why no one is commenting on the DRS 3D Stealth Scanner and the related equipment. From what I read this stuff seems to be way out in front of most current technology. I suppose the equipment pricing could have something to do with the lack of interest, the stuff is terribly expensive, but is it over priced? Expensive does not necessarily equate to being over priced. Is this technology not all that significantly superior to other equipment on the market? Perhaps it's just some of the same old, same old in a high dollar jacket. I just don't know.

If this equipment performs as advertised, it's just a matter of time before the price drops into a range that's comfortable for the average enthusiast. I'd sure like to hear, or read, some thoughts of my tech superiors on this site.
Steve
Re: DRS and the future of MD
March 24, 2017 12:05AM
Hi Steve,

Great post and good question.
Currently I own a DRS Ground Exper Pro.
You are right there is something about this company
that is worth a second look. The jacket scanner
in not in my possession...yet. When it is and I experiment
with it I'll post some of the results here.
Or not if the jacket works that great smiling smiley
Re: DRS and the future of MD
March 24, 2017 08:54AM
"..It includes 8 super geophysical sensors (SGS70) that fit in a jacket..." - There are no such sensors ...