Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Haven't been detecting "too hot" but have been busy...

Posted by Jack Flynn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Haven't been detecting "too hot" but have been busy...
September 09, 2016 12:12AM
Built a huge deck on the back of the house and fishing a lot, oh and cooking also. Come on cool weather, I'm developing a slight itch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2016 12:16AM by Jack Flynn.
Re: Haven't been detecting "too hot" but have been busy...
September 09, 2016 12:33AM
gorgeous deck, Jack. Fish, too!
YEAH, it's hot!! Am reminded everytime I go detecting and have trouble breathing and no trouble wetting my pants (and everything else I am wearing).
I keep telling myself there will be plenty of cooler weather for detecting. "Winter is coming." (nod to Game of Thrones <g>)

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
September 09, 2016 12:34AM
Well it looks like you have been working very hard building that huge deck and steps etc and catching those fish, looking forward to hearing about your detecting finds with the Nokta detectors which I have been following closely. You certainly have a nice home and location there.
September 09, 2016 03:12AM
Ole' Jack Flynn! You a Man of many talents!
September 09, 2016 03:34AM
Looks nice Jack.

Also looks like the dogs like it.

Been hot here too,,actually we've had some of our hottest temps as of late for this whole summer.
September 09, 2016 11:25AM
Nice job Jack, on all fronts.

How deep do your footings have to be in your area? Are the 4x4's all one board, from the footing to top of rail post? Is there a beam under the joists center span? Just curious and interested as we build them slightly different here in PA.

Is the deck pt yellow pine or cedar, can't tell from the pics.

When's the square dance getting started? lol
September 09, 2016 01:27PM
Very nice. The food and deck look great. It's been very dry and hot here. We missed the storm coming up the coast last week. We could have used a drenching. I can't hunt the lawns at all. So I have been ordering detector parts here and there just to keep myself into the hobby. The way it looks now I won't be dirt hunting until Spring thaw. I got a beach hunt coming up soon. Thank goodness for that. I need to swing!
September 09, 2016 06:05PM
Very nice deck..!
Thompson's Water Seal thanks you too.. grinning smiley

Swamp
September 09, 2016 11:26PM
Pure relaxation right there bud. Can see some great evenings be had on that bad boy..great job!
September 14, 2016 02:59AM
I'm coming to your house for dinner !