Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2+

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2+
September 20, 2016 11:32PM
Not much out there about the G2+. Anyone have experience with it in a real world relic hunt.
Re: G2+
September 20, 2016 11:40PM
I have some vids on my Fisher F19 on my channel. It's the exact same machine except for the shaft set up. Recently I dug a 10 inch .58 cal and a lot of horse tack relics from a CW Battle site. I did not get this on film but the G2+/F19 are awesome machines. I think they have the most stable and accurate ID of any single frequency machine. Deadly deep on nickels. I have to turn the sensitivity down a lot because it will hit so hard on such tiny targets that the Pinpointer and my eyes can't see. I'm confident these machines would be great for nuggets. Hope this helps some?

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
September 20, 2016 11:50PM
I agree, Both are first class machines.

John.
September 20, 2016 11:57PM
Great relic machines and deadly on nickels and IH's too. Got my second oldest seated dime with it last fall, an 1862! Another machine I should have kept. LOL

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
September 21, 2016 12:36AM
I own/use both the F-19 & G2+.-----They are just awesome little machines---quiet running, dead nuts accurate I.D., fast response, lightweight, handle mineralized ground well.-----They aren't the deepest detectors in the wild west but they get adequate depth.-----I think they are in a "sleeper class"--as I don't think many people realize just how good of detectors they really are!-----------Del
September 21, 2016 12:20PM
Thanks guys smileys with beer
September 21, 2016 03:41PM
Excellent machines...dead same unit as the F19..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 21, 2016 05:00PM
I also have the F19 and use it just for coin & jewelry detecting - it's has great recovery speed - very accurate I,D, - light weight - very quite and excllent in high trashy areas on pulling out coins and I agree with D&P-OR they are not the deepest machines and that is why I have the F75 SE.

Texas ED
September 21, 2016 06:50PM
Texas Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also have the F19 and use it just for coin &
> jewelry detecting - it's has great recovery speed
> - very accurate I,D, - light weight - very quite
> and excllent in high trashy areas on pulling out
> coins and I agree with D&P-OR they are not the
> deepest machines and that is why I have the F75
> SE.
>
> Texas ED

We're on the same page (sorta) Ed.smiling smiley------Only I have the CTX & Etrac as my "big guns".
September 21, 2016 07:06PM
I own two if that tells you something. Been my main detector now (along with original G2) for 6 years now. KILLER relic machine
September 21, 2016 07:12PM
sekypaleo Wrote:
> I own two if that tells you something. Been my
> main detector now (along with original G2) for 6
> years now. KILLER relic machine

That says PLENTY Bill!----I know you've made some great finds with that machine.thumbs down--------------Del
September 21, 2016 07:37PM
Currently doing my homework on the G2+ looking at getting one in November instead of my original T2,wont part with the new T2 though,just fancy another detector lol
September 21, 2016 09:45PM
My 2 main machines are t2s, both with the dst upgrade. I keep the 13" ultimate coil on one and the Nel sharp shooter on the other. Depth wise I'm pretty covered. I've done fairly well in iron patches with the sharp shooter. Believe it or not I have the most success using 99 sens. 28 disc. Bp mode and dig all iron tones and high tones. Seems with those settings that 28 disc. gets rid of most iron but will low tone on a good target that's mixed in. But it's hard getting use to digging iron tones. I've been searching for abut 6 months now for a unit that may give me a little more advantage in iron and compliment my T2. As soon as I think I've finally found it I soon go back thinking about the G2+ and go watch Keith's video again. Reckon g2 it is.
Thanks guys for all the responses.
September 22, 2016 12:07AM
Bill long Wrote:
> My 2 main machines are t2s, both with the dst
> upgrade. I keep the 13" ultimate coil on one and
> the Nel sharp shooter on the other. Depth wise I'm
> pretty covered. I've done fairly well in iron
> patches with the sharp shooter. Believe it or not
> I have the most success using 99 sens. 28 disc. Bp
> mode and dig all iron tones and high tones. Seems
> with those settings that 28 disc. gets rid of most
> iron but will low tone on a good target that's
> mixed in. But it's hard getting use to digging
> iron tones. I've been searching for abut 6 months
> now for a unit that may give me a little more
> advantage in iron and compliment my T2. As soon as
> I think I've finally found it I soon go back
> thinking about the G2+ and go watch Keith's video
> again. Reckon g2 it is.
> Thanks guys for all the responses.

Bill-------Have you also considered/researched the Racer 2 & XP Deus?------Just a thought for ya.------Might be ones to also consider for what you are trying to accomplish.