Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

anybody recognize and identify the detector in the Benjamin Moore (paint) commercial?

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
anybody recognize and identify the detector in the Benjamin Moore (paint) commercial?
September 23, 2016 12:06PM
The Benjamin Moore (paint) commercial presently airing on TV around here shows a fellow swinging a metal detector. It has the shepherd's crook handle like the Naughtys did when they changed from the full circle one. Also has a rectangular metal box, but the box looks longer and narrower than the Nautilus. Has anybody seen the commercial and recognized what brand/model the detector is?

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: anybody recognize and identify the detector in the Benjamin Moore (paint) commercial?
September 23, 2016 03:25PM
"I haven't seen the advert but am guessing a Bounty Hunter IB 100 or a Compass Judge V?"
Snagged a screenshot from the video

From the coloring looks like maybe a old Fisher ..

lots of models from fisher used that box here's one off Svens site to show similarities..

I loved the old 441d ..DEEEP

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: anybody recognize and identify the detector in the Benjamin Moore (paint) commercial?
September 23, 2016 07:04PM
Hah!

I thought Fisher too but at my guess stage hadn't seen the video!
I Googled it and yes Keith, difficult to tell isn't it, just a few seconds is all.

You brought back memories for me. I acquired a Fisher 553VLF I'd say back in 1982 or so and it was the first unit I used on an industrial river foreshore.
Progressed from there to a White's 6000DiPro and others incl. a Tesoro Silver Sabre.

Des
September 23, 2016 10:17PM
Haven't seen the commercial...but one of the best paints out there....Sherwin-Williams a close second.
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Snagged a screenshot from the video
>
> [i957.photobucket.com]
> reenshot%202016-09-23%20at%2011.29.30%20AM%20-%20E
> dited_zpsk9unihaa.png
>
> From the coloring looks like maybe a old Fisher
> ..
>
> lots of models from fisher used that box here's
> one off Svens site to show similarities..
>
> [i957.photobucket.com]
> 2d1_zpscaytvo5x.jpg
>
> I loved the old 441d ..DEEEP
>
> Keith

Keith I just won a Bid on Ebay for the next model up from that, The fisher VLF 553 D, perfect condition, It looks like that 552 but it ha two double stacked upper and Lower knobs on the top of the right hand side of the control box but it looks like that one.

John.
September 24, 2016 08:41PM
John,
I had a 553, waste of space.

When they introduced the 1260-X, that changed everything.

Des
Hey Des ..hunting in the 80s was fun!!!

machines wasn't all that but then again the finds wasn't hard to find either..

I filled up cases with a Red baron..Bounty hunter..

Good times!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Des D Wrote:
> John,
> I had a 553, waste of space.
>
> When they introduced the 1260-X, that changed
> everything.
>
> Des

Yeah I thought it might be Des, I am looking at getting a few of the older machines just as Toys just to play around with, I have the Whites 5900 DI ProPlus, Blue Box machine that I bought a couple of months back and it is a Depth Monster. It is like the day I was made. I am also going to look and an old bounty hunter and an old Garrett,

John.
Yeah they are solid built but like Des said the 1260 then 65 and surely the 65 went way deeper in disc mode..

the 441 I had was a straight all metal machine..super deep but no disc but smooth all metal..I should not of said it was a 441D it was a straight 441 LOL..did a foot deep target...Nails Too!!

Good luck with your machine!!

Of all the old machine's I don't really desire anything back past the Whites black box 5900 Di Sl with cb board..that was Apex analog..When whites added that Signal balance to the 5900 series the Whole world changed for that line it allowed for insane depth in all metal and allowed for slower sweeps speeds in disc Vs the older 5900 blue boxes..

Try and Stay away from that transition black box 5900 though.. the one with the signal balance on the front of the box opposite coil connector...it had the same boards in them the blue box 5900s had they can possibly swell over time and become unrepairable..Whites changed over to a ( CB ) Composite Board on the 5900 and put the signal balance on top and removed the VDI sensitivity switch and created the 5900 Di SL cb...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2016 11:29PM by Keith Southern.
September 24, 2016 11:39PM
Looks like a Compass 77b Professional.

Rick
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yeah they are solid built but like Des said the
> 1260 then 65 and surely the 65 went way deeper in
> disc mode..
>
> the 441 I had was a straight all metal
> machine..super deep but no disc but smooth all
> metal..I should not of said it was a 441D it was a
> straight 441 LOL..did a foot deep target...Nails
> Too!!
>
>
> Good luck with your machine!!
>
> Of all the old machine's I don't really desire
> anything back past the Whites black box 5900 Di
> Sl with cb board..that was Apex analog..When
> whites added that Signal balance to the 5900
> series the Whole world changed for that line it
> allowed for insane depth in all metal and allowed
> for slower sweeps speeds in disc Vs the older 5900
> blue boxes..
>
> Try and Stay away from that transition black box
> 5900 though.. the one with the signal balance on
> the front of the box opposite coil connector...it
> had the same boards in them the blue box 5900s had
> they can possibly swell over time and become
> unrepairable..Whites changed over to a ( CB )
> Composite Board on the 5900 and put the signal
> balance on top and removed the VDI sensitivity
> switch and created the 5900 Di SL cb...
>
>
> Keith

Thanks Keith,,

What about the 6000 Pro XL (Black Box) are they any good ? I like the look of that model because it is like the current Black box Whites machines.

John.
September 25, 2016 01:55AM
I still have the Compass 77b Profession. Was my first detector. Had to save hard when I was in school to get it. It still works.

I was hooked when first saw one.

Rick
ncwayne ironic you make this post as I was going to
September 25, 2016 02:46AM
make one to see if any of you could make out the detector the guy was using in Blacklist. Season 3 episode 19 'Cape May'

Re: ncwayne ironic you make this post as I was going to
September 25, 2016 02:20PM
Most likely a Micronta..

Tension collar halfway down shaft...same armrest and stand and housing....

One in blacklist slightly earlier than this one I would think..

they have used that box for years..Chinese units..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
They are nice and use better battery system for sure..

BUT I still prefer a 5900 Di Pro SL CB....has the manual ground balance..

if they would of made the Pro Xl with manual ground bal. they would/COULD sell a ton...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
I know on CSI Miami I've seen them running the Ace 250..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
September 25, 2016 10:54PM
Thanks Keith for identifying the detector. It was funny in one scene the hunter had the coil a foot and a half off the ground scanning the beach lol.
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Yeah they are solid built but like Des said the
> 1260 then 65 and surely the 65 went way deeper in
> disc mode..
>
> the 441 I had was a straight all metal
> machine..super deep but no disc but smooth all
> metal..I should not of said it was a 441D it was a
> straight 441 LOL..did a foot deep target...Nails
> Too!!
>
> Good luck with your machine!!

> Keith

Well Keith that 553 is a very well made machine and I like how the Shafts go together and the metal locking ring is great,

But the machine did not work so it has to go Back, I have already spoke to the Guy and he was good about it so no problems there,

Better luck next time thumbs down

John.