Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

possible alternative for photobucket

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
possible alternative for photobucket
September 23, 2016 07:04PM
Since photobucket was problematic last time I had some images to upload and link to my post here, I've been searching for an alternative. A few did not pan out; they didn't offer easy links for forums or they were free for a limited time before the needed functions quit working.
One possibility I've found is postimage.org. It seems to be very straightforward. No mention of cost or restrictions but I just found it today.
When you click on the upload link, a screen appears where you choose the size of the image (I have already reduced the size of my images) so I choose "Do not resize my images." Then choose the gallery you want to upload to. Then click the "choose image" box.

When you click on the share button over an image, you are shown several links for copying and pasting into your post here on the forum. Be sure and choose the "hotlink for forums" by clicking on the little blue icon to the right of the link. That copies the link for you to paste the full size image into your post.

I did a whois search on the website. It is located in Panama and owned by a company that markets website domains. Just a disclaimer for those who might have a problem with that. If that doesn't bother you, you might want to check it out. I did have some problems with the website loading due to too many redirects. That may have to do with the fact that it is a newer version of the website and is therefore set up to direct users of both sites (or more) to the latest version. Hopefully that will not be a continuing problem. The speed for uploading images seems to be better than photobucket and there is no advertising or trying to sell you.

This is just an FYI for anyone interested. Your mileage may vary.

[postimg.org]

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: possible alternative for photobucket
September 23, 2016 08:38PM
Thanks. Are You using a Smartphone? Shame this Forum can't Be like all the rest. Kind of a joke when You think about it.
September 23, 2016 10:01PM
I can't even upload or share pics from Photobucket anymore unless I am on the PC. If I am on the cell phone, it automatically redirects to a page telling me I've won something or that wants me to play a game for a prize. This being on my old Galaxy S4 and new S7.
September 23, 2016 10:41PM
I have used tinypic for years. No charge and easy to use. Only down thing is that you now have to do a 'I am not a spambot' check.