Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First hunt with the White's MX SPORT !

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First hunt with the White's MX SPORT !
September 24, 2016 02:35AM
Received the box this afternoon but i was so busy I didn't open it until late afternoon. So I glanced at the instructions and became familiar with some of the basics. Not enough, though. I still don't know how to change the number of tones....

Decided to detect a patch of ground in my town. This area produced 9 CW .69 bullets last year using an AT Pro. A subsequent hunt with the Fors Core and the Eurotek Pro produced nothing. I like to test detectors here. It's only a few blocks from home!

After a few minutes I was finally able to get to the coin and jewelry mode. I like it. Since it was getting so late, I decided to see if I could squeeze out any more .69 cal bullets from my honey hole. This area is only about 20' X 20'.

My first signal was iffy. It sounded like an iffy explorer tone but is was indicating a #60-Zinc penny which is exactly the indication CW bullets give in this area. Dug down about 6"-7" and found a .69 !

Second was high tone mixed with zinc. Turned out to be can slaw..deep.

Last tone was also a semi repeatable zinc tone. About 6"-7" another fattie!

So in 1.5 hours, the last half in the dark, I had two fatties. I'm happy. Loved the back light.

I want to thank tnsharpshooter again for his generosity.

I'll give you guys one guess on what I'm going to be doing this weekend...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2016 07:16PM by Detectorist.
Re: First hunt with the White's MX Pro
September 24, 2016 02:56AM
You are quite welcome.

It won't take you long to get used to navigating the menu system.

Machine does have a pretty darn good ID system.
Possesses some very good depth capabilities too.

Hopefully it will serve you well.

Maybe when the super cold weathers sets in,,,you can send it in and have the unit serviced.

Look forward to looking and reading about your hunts with the unit.

Cheers
September 25, 2016 12:06AM
Congrats on the Hunt, glad you are enjoying your new machine, Theres no stopping you now,

John.
September 25, 2016 03:14AM
Went out today to the same area for about an hour. Didn't get anything. The machine felt heavy. I guess my arm was still tired from yesterday. Met a nice older fellow who came up to me while I was digging. He has an AT Pro. Possible detecting partner.

I do like those big TID numbers on the screen!
Re: First hunt with the White's MX SPORT !
September 25, 2016 07:20PM
Sorry, I mistakingly called it an MX Pro when it is an MX Sport.