Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vero Beach

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vero Beach
February 03, 2011 02:34PM
Im down for the winter and have been hunting around the Sebring area. Not much to brag about this year. So im off Mon. or Tues to hit the East Coast here in Fla. The closest point to get there seems to be Hwy 60 which will bring me out by Vero beach. Id like to go North a bit any good beaches between Vero and Melbourne that i shouldnt miss? I used to hunt a lot around St. Augustine during this time, but family has brought me here. Ill be getting there early and staying late.

Dew
Re: Vero Beach
February 04, 2011 01:19AM
Dew,

Beach hunting in the winter is usually not productive.....unless there is a winter storm. I usually do not hunt beaches South of Melbourne......so.....maybe someone else will chime in.
February 04, 2011 01:52PM
Thanks Tom... you know i didnt want to hear that. I knew there hadnt been much storm action. I hunted the Englewood area on the Gulf side last year. There were a lot of hunters out there.... morning and evening. The only advantages i had were... most seemed to be hunting the DEEP dry sand and there were a lot that talked to me that seemed to be new to the hobby and knew little about their equipment. Ive just not done the research to hunt here in the middle of the state and people arent that willing to allow you to hunt private property. I have a guy here that ive hunted with and thats the fun part of this hobby. Since im here and nothing better to do... i guess ill take the ole detector for a walk on the beach. Thanks for your reply Tom...... You know if i hit the mother load you are going to hear about it lol.

Dew
February 04, 2011 10:41PM
I hope you DEW hit the mother load!!!
February 05, 2011 03:26AM
Just adding a few tidbits for those who always dream of hitting the treasure coast areas here in Florida. We have had significant beach restoration (Millions $ of dollars of dredged sand) added to our beaches to combat Mother Nature. Can you spell WASTE?????? ....add to that the fact that pretty much EVERYONE form afar hits our beaches with a detector because of the numerous wrecks and dreams of finding gold and silver are hard to suppress! We welcome you here with open arms and appreciate you removing bottle caps, pull tabs, cans, clad etc. Timing is key..........Mother Nature will let you know when the time is right! Until then, save your travel money!

Florida Bob
Spoken like a true local.......
February 05, 2011 05:16AM
"We welcome you here with open arms and appreciate you removing bottle caps, pull tabs, cans, clad etc."

I laughed really hard on that one. But it does ring true.............Go Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!smiling smiley

I like to work the parks that others 'clean' for me too.

But seriously, we are all 'detectorists' and welcome to enjoy our hobby in all locations where it is allowed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 06:58AM by TerraDigger.
February 05, 2011 12:42PM
Im not feeling the love here guys lol. The wife is busy and im retired.... i got nothing but time. To me its not about the treasure as it is the hunt. I just enjoy getting out there as often as i can.... ill dig those pull tabs, pennies, and anything that dont move. I may leave as poor as i showed up.... but hey ill have a blast.

Dew
February 05, 2011 01:33PM
ALWAYS have the mind-set...............ALWAYS go for the 'fresh-drops' jewelry whilst beach hunting...........UNLESS there is a severe NorEaster/hurricane.... major erosion (which is quite rare). If the mind-set is not exactly in this fashion.............disappointment ensues. Face and embrace reality. Life is MUCH more fun this way (read = less disappointing). It actually makes life more exciting.
Dew.........
February 05, 2011 03:36PM
The love is here........ actually.........you will find no better website where people will bend over backwards to help another.
If my humor offended...........my sincere apologies............sometimes the only person that thinks I am funny.....is me.
Re: Dew.........
February 05, 2011 10:24PM
Don't feel too bad. My humor offended so many on the Findmall Views that I got excommunicated.

Now that's funny...
February 06, 2011 12:46AM
TD.... i wasnt offended by anyones posts. I love a good sense of humor... not to mention honesty and advice. Thanks guys. I used to travel full time in an RV for many years and i detected a good many of the states. Ive hunted a lot of HUNTED OUT parks and old home sites that turned out to be old barn sites. Every type of hunting has its disappointments... much like fishing, patience and persistence pays off. Also the more you get out there with your equipment... the more IT teaches you. Looking forward to my trip. Tom... ill try and put my game face on.

Dew
February 08, 2011 07:08PM
Hello dewcon4414,
try this site...daily report of the treasure coast.
very useful...
[treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com]
good luck on your treasure hunt!!
if you need a huntin buddy let me know..i know the area very well

smeeks

I STARTED OUT WITH NOTHING...AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT !!
February 09, 2011 12:29AM
Thanks Smeeks i appreciate your offer. If the wife stops giving me honey dew lists ill let ya know. I hunted today with 3 members from one of the forums over at Bradenton and a beach South of that. It was COOL out there at 7 AM with that North wind blowing down the beach. We only got to hunt until about 11ish. Almost no finds... but no one got in the water the waves even at low tied were up pretty good. I managed about $2 in clad and one silver toe ring .. the only ring found. Its a lot of fun getting a group together. I could see the advantage of an Xcal... in warm weather any way. Im still going to make it over i hope before i head home in the spring.

Dew