Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hello everone, I am new tho this form. F75 SE/T2 SE question

Posted by silverman1 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hello everone, I am new tho this form. F75 SE/T2 SE question
February 05, 2011 05:12PM
I am trying to decide between between these two detectors. I am mainly a coin shooter, and thought the T2 SE's were geared more towards coin shooting, and the F75 SE's relic hunting. I need one or the other due to tall grass, and the boost mode both have on them. I have read many posts on the subject, and have seen statements to both confirm what I thought, and statements that say the F75 SE is superior in coin shooting, and the T2 SE is better at relic hunting. I would just like to know if someone that has used both can shed some light on this. Also, chattering a problem with either?
Thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 05:13PM by silverman1.
Re: Hello everone, I am new tho this form. F75 SE/T2 SE question
February 05, 2011 06:38PM
Hi Silverman, welcome to this forum. I have the grandpop F-75, no boost process, and have located hundreds of old coins. I hunt with a guy who owns an E-trac and our finds are about equal for copper. I'm a bit ahead of him on silver...not sure why.
The chattering can be handeled in most areas if needed, search frequency shift by Tom D.
From reading the posts here, both will do the job, but I would lean towards the newer F-75.
February 05, 2011 06:52PM
Thank you ozzie. I appreciate the input.
Perhaps Tom D. and others can assist........
February 05, 2011 10:52PM
I offered the following advice to Silverman1 in a PM on another forum that is basically this:

1. the boost mode on both the F75 LTD/T2 SE allows the user to operate the coil several inches above the ground and achieves the same depth as the dE/default mode. The depth on the boost is the same for both units.
2. if the boost mode is used with the coil close to the ground, as one does like in other modes, there is no additonal depth gained. The boost simply allows the operator to use the coil several inches above ground, with no depth loss, as compared to using dE/default mode.
3. the F75 LTD/T2 SE are basically the same when it comes to EMI influences. Neither machine suffering more than the other from EMI chatter.

So what I am asking is this. Are my statements 100% correct? "And if I am in error on any of my info offered to Silverman1, what is the correct info".

Posting any real world F75 LTD/T2 SE experience/testing would be helpful too.

Silverman1 is trying to save a couple hundred dollars if the machines are basically equivalent.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2011 10:59PM by TerraDigger.
Re: Perhaps Tom D. and others can assist........
February 05, 2011 11:50PM
Hi Terra Digger

Well I can't speak to the T-2 for I'm a die hard for the F-75 ltd. You may not fully understand what you have stated on the boost mode for it is deeper.The boost mode is most certainly deeper than all the other modes, except the cash mode which may be a little deeper but a lot slower to use. If you have a LTD put in the boost mode and find a target that is low in sound or seems to be a deep target, as you check this target out just press the red button and hold it down and go back over the target. What you have done is switched the LTD into the de mode and you will tell a significant difference in what you hear. The boost mode will be stronger and give you a complete picture of what you are hearing. Yes you are correct that the boost mode does allow to run the coil higher in areas that have tall grass or other stuff as corn stalks, plow fields and such. But even at that you will not get the same depth as if you are scrubbing the ground, but it enables you to run the coil higher and yet hear things that others couldn't, also the dd coil with its search pattern really helps also. All my hunting for Relics is in the boost mode, 0 disc and 4 h tones, you can run 4 or some prefere 3h as not to get too mind tired listening to all that machine can tell you on every swipe of the coil..
As far a EMI , I'm out in the woods and only now and then do I have that problem, but it always can be cured no matter where you are at just by either or a combination of --changing Disc setting, lowering the sens or changing the F setting.My hunting buddy stil has an old 1st gen F-75 and he has me check some of his targets before he digs, for the LTD make a great difference in what he hears and the LTD hears. Many targets I find with the LTD he can't hear at all or it is all garbled up and you can't tell if it is a target. I have 2 LTD's that I take to the field just in case of a problem, for I wouldn't even walk back to the the truck if I didn't have a LTD as a spare, I would just pack up and go home.
February 05, 2011 11:55PM
Thanks again Terra Digger, you have been extremely helpful, I hope I can repay the favor someday.

Thanks for you input Lil John. Thanks for confirming the power of Boost mode, ect.
Thank you Lil John...and......I learned something too
February 06, 2011 12:15AM
February 06, 2011 01:14AM
As mentioned, boost is deeper than any of the "old" modes". With experience, you can make either of these detectors work well for either coins or relics BUT, and I think this should be a substantial to consider, the T-2 SE only allows the boost mode(s) to work in conjunction with the 2 tone mode only. If you want the flexibility to use boost with any and all the different tone modes (1,2,3,4,DP) the 75 SE is your only choice.
Thanks Brad..that's really important information
February 06, 2011 01:30AM
Re: Thanks Brad..that's really important information
February 06, 2011 06:31AM
Thanks Brad. That really pushed me towards the F75 SE. I hunt by sound, and that is a great point.
IS THAT YOU?
February 06, 2011 06:54AM
(º º)
February 06, 2011 01:22PM
Thanks for the tip.

BuckeyeBrad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As mentioned, boost is deeper than any of the
> "old" modes". With experience, you can make either
> of these detectors work well for either coins or
> relics BUT, and I think this should be a
> substantial to consider, the T-2 SE only allows
> the boost mode(s) to work in conjunction with the
> 2 tone mode only. If you want the flexibility to
> use boost with any and all the different tone
> modes (1,2,3,4,DP) the 75 SE is your only choice.
February 06, 2011 05:27PM
Hello mascard1. Yes, it is I.
February 07, 2011 11:41PM
Correct........with the 'boost' mode invoked on the T2.......the 'coin' tone is not an option. That said.........the F75(LTD/Special Edition) would be the correct choice. Another option would be the older generation CZ-3D's.
February 08, 2011 04:08AM
Thanks again Tom. Glad I was directed to this forum. Great group of helpful and kind people.