Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer2 vs Tesoro Vaquero & Bandido II Umax ? >grinning smiley<

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer2 vs Tesoro Vaquero & Bandido II Umax ? >grinning smiley<
October 19, 2016 06:05PM
For the purposes of detecting relicky iron infested sites, I keep hearing that the Tesoro Vaquero & Bandido II Umax are killer in these types of sites.

I'm curious how the Tesoro Vaquero & Bandido II Umax stack up against the Racers, and if it's worth adding one to my arsenal when I already have three Racers and a F75 LTD2 eye rolling smiley

How do the Tesoros do in mineralized or alkali soils?

Thanks,
Brian
Re: Racer2 vs Tesoro Vaquero & Bandido II Umax ? >grinning smiley<
October 19, 2016 07:31PM
I don't think you will do any better with the Vaquero or Bandido since you have the racers. The Tejon may be a nice addition from what you are describing.
October 19, 2016 08:20PM
Any one of the 3 you mentioned with a 5.75 concentric will amaze you on what you will find in areas you have pounded to death with the detectors you mentioned.
October 19, 2016 09:29PM
Brian, I just recently sold my Bandido II µMax as it won't work those sites as well as the Racer or Racer 2 IMO. It's not that it wouldn't work at beeping on a target, it's just that with the single tone, you're not alerted to the non ferrous like you are on the Racer using the three tone mode. Then the Racer 2 adds the iron audio and it's an even bigger advantage for the Racer 2 user. The Tesoro will do just as well on the nailboard test but that's because you're looking at the coin and nails but it's a different ball game in hunting actual sites. The Tesoro goes: beep - beep - beep - beep - beep. The Racer 2 goes: beep - beep - beep - High - beep - beep. Much easier to pluck the non ferrous from the ferrous using the three tone mode.
This is just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 19, 2016 10:33PM
Tom Slick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian, I just recently sold my Bandido II µMax as
> it won't work those sites as well as the Racer or
> Racer 2 IMO. It's not that it wouldn't work at
> beeping on a target, it's just that with the
> single tone, you're not alerted to the non ferrous
> like you are on the Racer using the three tone
> mode. Then the Racer 2 adds the iron audio and
> it's an even bigger advantage for the Racer 2
> user. The Tesoro will do just as well on the
> nailboard test but that's because you're looking
> at the coin and nails but it's a different ball
> game in hunting actual sites. The Tesoro goes:
> beep - beep - beep - beep - beep. The Racer 2
> goes: beep - beep - beep - High - beep - beep.
> Much easier to pluck the non ferrous from the
> ferrous using the three tone mode.
> This is just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.
> spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thanks Tom, that's exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I've tried detecting in 2-tone mode at relicky sites, and have just found that for me, the 3-tone option gives me more data and better audio alerts when there's a non-ferrous target mixed in with ferrous targets.

I'll just save my pennies for the Impact thumbs down
October 20, 2016 12:07PM
I have to agree with what Tom said about the Tesoros, but they still are one of the best in the iron. In heavy iron u can still tell a good coin sized target vs junk tho once u spend some time with them. If u can find a umax bandido I I for a good deal u won't be disappointed. They are super light and plain fun to swing. Also the silver sabre umax is awesome little grab and go machine
October 20, 2016 05:56PM
Thanks Kickindirt. I'm thinking I might try one if I saw one for a good deal. It's always good to go over a site with a different machine, as they all do things a bit differently and find stuff the others miss.

HH,
Brian
October 22, 2016 04:11AM
Might as well add my two cents

Many times I have found coins below and in the near proximity to nails, so yes the Bandito does Excell in trashy sites
The Vaquero a close 2nd the Tejon very good also with the small coil.
Quite consistent considering they operate on different frequency's .
Don't forget there is less signal processing in these models ( and most Tessoro's ) the target sound will hit harder and faster
Than most other brands that rely on digital processed signals.