Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer 2 Tips and Tricks

Posted by Mike 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer 2 Tips and Tricks
October 20, 2016 10:02PM
I just replaced my Red Racer with an R2. While there's a lot that's similar about the two machines, there's a lot that's different. For those of you who are familiar with both, can you share any tips or tricks you've learned about operating the R2 in a variety of hunting conditions?
Re: Racer 2 Tips and Tricks
October 21, 2016 11:55PM
Its alot like a Racer 1 and then its Not..

But the main things is the assignable tone breaks and ability to even assign tone Hz!!HUGE in terms of helping to further the unmasking..

Use iron volume to your advantage also!!

also remember to get an accurate mineral index to make sure you have the iSAT low 0.....as you turn it up the mineral index seems to appear weaker..

Its adjusted in all metal mode but even in disc mode the index graph is sampling from the all metal channel and could give you an inaccurate way to gauge your targets by response if you relied on it to give that hint..

Like when you see the graph showing weak mineral you may think those iron grunts are pure iron...but in actuality the index is higher than showing on graph but the fast SAT setting is skewing the reading to appear lower...

iSAT is awesome to have for all metal hunting just remember to KNOW that it can skew mineral index...Know how to adjust to get an accurate reading if your on a unknown mineral site..

if you were enamored with the R1 you'll appreciate what the R2 allows you to TWEAK for modern trash especially..New I.d. ranges also...!!

You'l like the way the tones can be broken to your sites problematic targets..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 22, 2016 06:10PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> also remember to get an accurate mineral index to
> make sure you have the iSAT low 0.....as you turn
> it up the mineral index seems to appear weaker..
>
> Its adjusted in all metal mode but even in disc
> mode the index graph is sampling from the all
> metal channel and could give you an inaccurate way
> to gauge your targets by response if you relied on
> it to give that hint..
>
> Like when you see the graph showing weak mineral
> you may think those iron grunts are pure
> iron...but in actuality the index is higher than
> showing on graph but the fast SAT setting is
> skewing the reading to appear lower...
>
> iSAT is awesome to have for all metal hunting just
> remember to KNOW that it can skew mineral
> index...Know how to adjust to get an accurate
> reading if your on a unknown mineral site..
>
> Keith

Keith iSAT is a new concept to me. If I understand what you're saying correctly, if you set the iSAT in AM mode correctly, you will get a better target response in DISC mode (I.E.; incorrectly set, and targets in mineralized ground could be reported as iron when in fact their not)? Maybe I'm missing what you mean?

Thanks,
Brian
October 22, 2016 09:17PM
Keith

Not trying to further complicate things (apologies to Brian) but, why would it be set up so that the default isat setting does not give the most accurate mineral reading? This is something the manual should have covered. My ground is fairly mild so it never really bothered me... I ignore weak iron tones.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
October 24, 2016 03:00AM
it doesn't change anything in disc mode Brian as far as response..

I'm just stating it gives the best index reading on low setting...so be aware that if you're in some soils and think it may be good...and are TRUSTING the faint iron grunts as absolute make sure they are really iron by doing a TRUE index reading..

nothing more nothing less..just a TIP..

Hope this helps Tom !

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 24, 2016 03:24AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it doesn't change anything in disc mode Brian as
> far as response..
>
> I'm just stating it gives the best index reading
> on low setting...so be aware that if you're in
> some soils and think it may be good...and are
> TRUSTING the faint iron grunts as absolute make
> sure they are really iron by doing a TRUE index
> reading..
>
> nothing more nothing less..just a TIP..
>
> Hope this helps Tom !
>

I see what you're saying, interesting observation for sure!

Thanks,
Brian
> Keith