Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need rain here badly in my neck of the woods

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need rain here badly in my neck of the woods
October 27, 2016 01:53AM
Would like to give this GPX 4500 a few good runs,,,but dry ground here.

Would need tnt or backhoe to dig a 12" plus deep hole.
Re: Need rain here badly in my neck of the woods
October 27, 2016 03:03AM
David that's what's keeping mine from getting out. Relic the last few times out and even that had me chipping dirt in the field. Settled on top finds at the park with very low Sen. Lol
October 27, 2016 05:57AM
I got some rain yesterday.

It has been so long since the last rain, that when I heard the sounds on the roof, I actually couldn't figure out what was going on for a few seconds...sheesh.

Hardly did a thing for the adobe-like ground, though.

mike
October 27, 2016 09:50AM
Same over here is W Tn, dry as a bone. And, very little chance of getting any for a while, either. HH jim tn
October 27, 2016 11:14AM
I think I heard that it had been since September 25th since the last good rain here in East TN..........
October 27, 2016 12:55PM
Dry here in North Georgia also it's killing me. I'm not a big on playground/wood chip hunting type of guy but I may have to give it a try to get my withdrawals taking care of.
October 27, 2016 08:52PM
88 know how ya feel but some swing time is better than no swing time lol. Had some clouds move through today but nothing but a tease over this way.

Did see that the soybeans are getting cut this morning though, may open a door or two soon.
October 27, 2016 09:34PM
The TVA rain gauge in my town says we have got 4" rain total since Aug 1st. And from the chart, that came over a 2 day period. October has been dry. Not even 2 tenths for the whole month. The ground has been cracked open for weeks. The sugar sand of Gulf Shores beaches sure was nice last week.
October 28, 2016 12:22AM
We are getting some wet stuff as I type this, nope not rain but snow....... They say that we are in for a long cold winter with lots of snow, be happy to send you all down some smiling smiley.
October 28, 2016 12:50AM
We had a good soaking rain about a week ago. Ground is still diggable.
October 28, 2016 01:50AM
Ski thanks for the offer but passing on the frozen stuff for a bit lol
October 28, 2016 08:05AM
Steve you can keep that white stuff buddy. Down this way they are predicting highs in the upper 70's lower 80's next week. The ground around here has cracks in it like Daniel describes.
October 28, 2016 03:44PM
In Ohio we have had some rain lately, most of the summer was really dry.