Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AKA signum VS Sorex pro questions

Posted by wjs 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wjs
AKA signum VS Sorex pro questions
November 03, 2016 12:17PM
Does anyone know what differences are between the two and how does depth compare to each other. Thanks.
Re: AKA signum VS Sorex pro questions
November 03, 2016 03:32PM
I would be happy to know where I can buy either one in the U.S.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
November 03, 2016 03:37PM
I saw on one of the forums that a new US dealer will be carrying the AKAs. River Team Six. I'm not associated with them in any way but I did see where they would be carrying the AKA line.
November 03, 2016 04:03PM
I would like to here more about the AKA Signum , It seems to be a first rate machine but I have not found to much on them so far and from all accounts those that have them are more than pleased with above average performance, which is pretty rare these days.
November 03, 2016 04:53PM
The most important difference - Sorex is the Signum version facilitated by opportunities working not at peak of a resonance, wasps all following from here.
That is it is possible to make of Signum the Sorex settings, and on the contrary not any more ...
About AKA Signum I can tell practically everything, I have it, and with DP firmware
In an occasion to buy - the resource selling these detectors and in America came across as that.
I don't know it is possible to place at a forum references to shops or not if there is no that a request to moderators simply to delete them.
These links just first in search engine on the European and other resources the selling detectors AKA, about their reliability I know nothing:
[www.akadetectors.com]
[aka-detector.com]
[mdetectors.com]
And it is the official page of the vendor (vendor) - [www.aka.2000.ru]
Concerning comparing of these two models it is possible to tell shortly that Sorex is the Signum version facilitated by opportunities.
Also main distinction is that Signum works at peak of a resonance unlike Sorex, and because of it it is exacting to difficult soil and accuracy of GB.
Also Signum happens in several modifications which improve its stability and raise TTX
In addition in the spring of this year there was a new firmware Signum allowing to work behind a surface carpet a small-sized metalgarbage, that is to look for treasures on the opened settlements.
And the main trump of Signum is a search in war, here to it most likely just isn't present equal (but only not on heavy soil!)
ps: in the spring of the 17th year the start of sales of new model from this ruler - AKA Intronik SFT is expected, to it most likely won't be equal in the nearest future in all respects.
If someone is going to acquire Signum or I would advise to wait for Sorex spring of the 17th year and to take directly Intronik...
psps: if more detailed information about AKA Signum is necessary, then ask, with pleasure I will answer questions.
/My videos about operation of "AKA Signum MFD 7272M Pro v3 fw 2.05 DP" in different modes - [youtu.be]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2016 05:08PM by vfp7.
November 03, 2016 05:41PM
vfp7, it didn't enjoy your nail board test, does it have to be swung as slow?
November 03, 2016 07:33PM
AKA Signum in the PB-M99 mode best of all separates the purposes in case of slow wiring with small moves at a certain speed.
In the mode MM on the contrary it is necessary to carry out moves a little quicker.
The point is that at this detector is a little rather strongly differing operation modes, and under each of them the style of operation is necessary.
It is possible to tell that this detector "with character", and it is necessary to get used to it.
Because of it this detector the most contradictory in Russia, those treasure-hunters who "made friends" with it - show miracles in the field, those who didn't get on together" - abuse it.
November 03, 2016 08:40PM
Don't trust the AKA brand.....they are a bunch of Russian hackers!
November 03, 2016 08:59PM
I personally prefer the Sorex over the Signum, there was something I just couldn't get my head around with the Signum but the Sorex just seemed that much user friendly, I also had an old colleague that thought he knew how to set up the Signum correctly and when I compared his setup on a few signals against a few machines in the field, the signal on the Signum was a non-digger but two other units think it was the F19 and the VGold came up as a dig signal.... Turned out the signal was a tiny button around 6" if I recall but the signum setup just didn't catch it.

But the sorex is more user friendly as said and I know two folks that prefer the Sorex over the Signum also.... Be good to see some seasoned AKA users put both through their paces on different targets.
November 04, 2016 07:59AM
Sorex "is more friendly", Signum of old versions (firmwares 1. ***) especially if also not "Pro" the version, very whimsical in operation.
Plus because works as Sorex not at peak of a resonance of frequency, it is capable "from a box" to use more or less heavy soil.
Signum is a complete Sorex version (more precisely Sorex is the limited Signum version :-)) without any restrictions and working at peak of a resonance.
Because of this Signum it is very whimsical to settings and GB, also on heavy soil at it in settings it is necessary to shift frequency in "plus".
On this video frequency just moves and settings are exposed for search at the sea in a surf zone (the sea surf corresponds to heavy soil, and at the expense of the rolled waves it is even heavier to detector to work) - [youtu.be]
In Sorex it is already initial "from a box" offset frequency, and sensitivity levels are reduced.
Because of all these factors many treasure-hunters prefer Sorex which though it is possible to include and begin to look for, and Signum requires enough profound knowledge at the level of physics and it is extremely desirable that the operator was with wide experience. (in a new firmware of Signum 2.05 influence of these factors was reduced, but all the same the instrument remained very exacting to the operator)
ps: most likely because of these factors and it is possible because of the improper coil frequency your friend not could see that purpose, I for example lift the Signum the similar purposes:

The tack 10 mm long and with a diameter of 1 mm came across as that ( the coil used 6" 14 KHz, and I will emphasize that the coil choice under the place is very important, I use almost complete range of the sizes and frequencies by search and I dress the coil "under the place" )
psps: If to tell shortly about these detectors, then Sorex "is more friendly" to the operator and Signum "it is very exacting" and "without restrictions on opportunities".
The main component basis at them approximately identical, a difference in a firmware and the settings "sewed" by the vendor.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2016 08:10AM by vfp7.
November 04, 2016 09:59AM
I've got the offer of a 6 month old Sorex with coils for the right money, but I'm just not yet convinced it's right for the targets i want to use it on.
In many parts of europe they are using AKA's and others for finding big items at depth from WW1+2 etc i dont see many using them for thin silver or gold hammered coins.
Part of the Sorex advertising blurb is it can see a helmet at 1.5m or so and a 25mm coin at 47cm in air, but this is not outstanding these days and it's how much or little depth it loses in tough ground that counts to myself.
On milled coins i would say it performs perfectly well in the 7khz range, even small coins like dimes come in the silver range on my GM5 but small silver hammered come in as low as foil and nickel. I've not seen any vids ( in english that i can understand) showing the higher khz coils in action on these type targets so I'm just not convinced yet to buy one.
November 04, 2016 10:48AM
On the small purposes of Sorex and Signum will be worse than GM4-5, at these detectors rather low speed of restoration.
Also if soil rather heavy that depth strongly decreases.
For your task I wouldn't recommend to use Sorex.
November 04, 2016 11:11AM
vfp7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the small purposes of Sorex and Signum will be
> worse than GM4-5, at these detectors rather low
> speed of restoration.
> Also if soil rather heavy that depth strongly
> decreases.
> For your task I wouldn't recommend to use Sorex.

Thanks vfp7 you've confirmed my fears that there maybe not that hot on very small thin coins. The added gain control would be a real benefit in mild soil though, it would be deep.
November 04, 2016 12:34PM
I just spoke with David from River Team Six and he will be getting them in.......sounds excited about them.
November 04, 2016 12:55PM
I am looking forward to getting them and using those machines.
wjs
November 04, 2016 01:07PM
when will they be in stock?
November 04, 2016 01:45PM
If after "adaptation of the coil" in case of the GB detector shows "a soil signal" closer to single-digit value, then it is light soil and on such Signum soil it is possible to set up on ultraboundary depths.

For example on this video detector depth on a small coin is shown, the soil signal is equal "7", here the coil 6" 14 KHZ, the coin by the sizes corresponds to 2 Euro cents, material - brass, depth of 45-47 cm
[youtu.be]
If there are any questions on setup operation with Signum - ask, with pleasure I will tell.
November 04, 2016 01:56PM
18" on a coin with a 6" coil.......
November 04, 2016 02:28PM
ghound Wrote:
> 18" on a coin with a 6" coil.......

.. and only on light soil it is possible!
For the small purposes the maximum optimum size of the coil is equal to 13", for detectors AKA release it and with three switched frequencies of 3-7-14 KHz,

the bigger size is urgent 15" 3 KHz for search of "washers" and in WW, and also release limited edition 18" 1.5 KHz for the DP mode
All these three coils are suitable for operation in the DP mode
The most popular and the universal the coil 9x12" three-frequency or on 7 KHz is considered

For operation on "wastebaskets" coils 5" are usually used by Nel Sharp

and 6.5x3.5" Nel Snake (my favourite coil for "wastebaskets" )

And sometimes such coils are used to search in hard-to-reach spots here, I for example prefer for search in a grass to use the coil 6" 14 KHZ

ps: It is possible to tell that shortly told about the main coils used on detectors AKA

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2016 02:56PM by vfp7.
November 06, 2016 03:32PM
I had the Signum for a while. Never ran the Sorex but I frequented Gary's detecting forum and the consensus was that the Signum was deeper and more flexible, Sorex Pro was simpler but not quite as deep.
November 07, 2016 08:04AM
The vendor declared new generation of "running" coils this morning, they will be on two frequencies and to switch on the coil:
( I will add myself that it is very interesting options)
"..by the way there will be soon AKA 12x9" double-frequency coils 14/6 kHz, 13" 13/6 kHz and 15" 7/3 kHz. Without control block on a cable, - switching on the coil..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2016 08:05AM by vfp7.
November 07, 2016 12:13PM
Im trying to convince myself that i need a Signum, I'm doing the plus and negative thing,
Plus- they seem to be deep machines, choice of freq which i love with a 3 freq coil, and i liked the tones etc
Neg- not sure if they are deep or sensitive in the higher khz for the small thin hammered coins, can't find a clear video in english to confirm, but they seem deep on milled coins at lower freq.
Not sure how usable the detector is at it's higher settings, might be alright for test gardens but not usable/stable in a real life hunt?
November 07, 2016 01:07PM
wjs Wrote:
> when will they be in stock?

I am waiting on aka to send me an invoice so I can wire them payment. Hopefully middle of the month.
November 07, 2016 02:10PM
ghound Wrote:
> Im trying to convince myself that i need a Signum,
> I'm doing the plus and negative thing,
> Plus- they seem to be deep machines, choice of
> freq which i love with a 3 freq coil, and i liked
> the tones etc
> Neg- not sure if they are deep or sensitive in the
> higher khz for the small thin hammered coins,
> can't find a clear video in english to confirm,
> but they seem deep on milled coins at lower freq.
> Not sure how usable the detector is at it's higher
> settings, might be alright for test gardens but
> not usable/stable in a real life hunt?

Operation of Signum will depend on your soils, on easy soils it very long-range, on average - at the level of CTX 3030, on the heavy soil - it loses.
I don't know what soil at you, but approximately it can be understood on operation for example of At Pro if it works at the maximum or -1..-3 level of sensitivity, then it will be light soil.
Complexity of soil at the level of a zone of a surf of the medium salted sea coast will heavier correspond to heavy soil.
Signum MFD can be set up also for operation on heavy soil, but depth will strongly decrease.
For light soil and/or the small-sized purposes it is more preferable to use more high frequency coils, on heavy soil it is better with lower frequency.
Also Signum MFD "is more friendly" than Signum MFT (firmware < 2.05), and the Sorex settings "are rather strongly clamped" for bigger stability.
But on Sorex not to reach that depth which is given by Signum MFT, and especially Signum MFD...
November 07, 2016 02:20PM
Thanks vfp7, my soil is medium-high mineralisation so thats a big negative for me.
November 08, 2016 11:13AM
i would like to know where to buy one in the UK ,rare as hens teeth
November 08, 2016 11:59AM
diggers Wrote:
> i would like to know where to buy one in the UK
> ,rare as hens teeth

There are 2nd hand one's about, a sorex and signum on ebay, a signum sold yesterday, guy wanted £500, and a few for sale on Gary's detecting forum.
November 08, 2016 12:27PM
diggers Wrote:
> i would like to know where to buy one in the UK
> ,rare as hens teeth

You can take and directly from the representative, there will be the completest Signum MFD 7272M Pro v3 version
asgo@rambler.ru - Sergey Asgo, representative of AKA
ps: Just communicated with Sergey Asgo - he told that he is ready to answer on email any interesting question.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2016 01:30PM by vfp7.
November 09, 2016 03:19PM
i like the idea of the hodograph so lets see some more on other brands
November 09, 2016 09:00PM
ghound Wrote:
> Thanks vfp7, my soil is medium-high mineralisation
> so thats a big negative for me.

Curious how deep you get in your soil for comparisons sake?

With my E-Trac and CTX I got to 10" in my medium iron flake mineralized ground. E-Trac would have the Fe number bouncing a lot after 7" or 8".
Signum would go at least 1" deeper easily.
My Deus would not go deep it seemed, ID would cut out after 7" or 8" usually.
Omega 8000 would go about 8" or 9" deep.

Not to sell a Sigum, but being that it is essentially a European detector, it really is designed in part for those small hammerd coins I would bet.

Albert