Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer 1 log

Posted by diggwr27 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Racer 1 log
November 17, 2016 01:37AM
Wow!

I know Dilek is exceptionally busy right now..... but let's see if she catches this. If not....... I'll e-mail her.
November 17, 2016 03:02PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow!
>
> I know Dilek is exceptionally busy right now.....
> but let's see if she catches this. If not.......
> I'll e-mail her.

I am here:-) No worries... I need an address and tel number emailed to me at dilek@noktadetectors.com and I will take care of it. I also need the serial number of the bad coil for our records. A picture of the sticker on the coil would help, too.
November 17, 2016 03:19PM
She did catch it!....that's pretty awesome right there!!
November 17, 2016 03:41PM
Way cool...info on its way!
November 18, 2016 12:05PM
What a manufacturer/manufacturer's rep!!!!!

Nice work Dilek.
November 18, 2016 12:24PM
Sent info yesterday, got a reply from Dilek that a tracking number will be forthcoming.
Pretty great service I would say.
November 21, 2016 03:06PM
Just got a message on my phone from Makro...new coil will arrive on Wednesday.
Looking forward to it.

The other day I was in a tot lot with chips and I reached about 7-8" with the small coil.
In regular dirt I still seem to be getting at least to 5" with actual, stable, non jumping VDI numbers which is different...the big coil hopefully will get me even deeper with that same normal behavior.
We will see.
November 21, 2016 03:17PM
Good to know! Dilek.....Nokta/Makro is one tight-ship/impressive entity.
I'm anxious for you to test the stock 11" DD coil in your extremely dry conditions. Then..... hopefully...... be able to test the unit in damp/wet conditions.
December 26, 2016 03:39PM
I'm back!
Got a new big DD coil from Dilek, one week from Istanbul to my porch so that was pretty cool.
The new coil was mounted and I have not taken it off since.
Seems to work well except the depth numbers seem to be off some, even in U.S. units the correct depth seems a little short on shallow targets, I have not come across a lot if really deep stuff yet which is the goal but between the cold and holiday family stuff not a ton of hunts lately but that should change now.

I have gotten out on some hunts at a few different parks, here is what I dug...

Nothing fantastic or old, a wheatie or two but only from the 40's, a disabled veteran return key tag was cool, in Kansas I used to find tons of cub scout woggles but I have never found any here in Alabama....the Racer finally found me 2 in 2 different parks so that is neat.
That gold looking cross had me holding my breath for a sec but it is just junk.

Still trying to get a handle on this thing so I am trying to mix it up on the settings.
Usually all metal is close to maxed out and I hunt that way sometimes, I have been trying high tone cherry picking disc numbers on both 2 tones and 3 tones with the number set to about 83-84.
One I set high, the other I keep the ID lower and hunt using both.
I know that 2 tone is supposed to be deeper but I am finding targets pretty easily down to the 3-5" area using both and as I mentioned I need to hit other sites with deeper targets.
It could be I just can't get much past 5" in this dirt like many detectors have problems with here but I don't think that is the case, it is just where targets seem to be hanging out where I am hunting so more sites will tell the tale.
I will get more chances to compare signals on the F70 and this thing in the near future, I know I can get past 5" with that one but that doesn't happen all the time, the sweet spot for better older targets around here everywhere seems to be 5-8" so if I can get there with the Racer that would be great.

Some general impressions from recent hunts.
I tried the backlight on one hunt when it got dark, pretty cool that it turns itself off and only comes on when it gets a signal while swinging.
I got rechargable batteries with the unit that were fully charged but used them up so I threw in some new alkaline after...they did not last near as long as the F70 which sips power.
I was actually surprised how fast they drained but this could be an anomaly and I might have gotten a bad one in there so I will replace them and see how the next set does.

This compressed area up high where way too many targets come in at 82 is still very frustrating.
Zincolns, screw on caps, certain pop tops, larger can slaw pieces and so much more come in at that 82...I am really hating that 82 number on this thing.
For European targets it might not be an issue, for my target types it is maddening.
I understand they fixed and expanded this on the Racer2 which is good.
Not that I need to dig every zincoln I come across and any zinc area gold would be lower but I like having a bigger spread and more info to get a better idea of what I might be swinging over.
This way I avoid digging most of that 82 target stuff which is ok but in the back of my mind I just hope I am not skipping over any Indian heads doing that.
They should be deeper targets so not a huge deal, I dig all those anyway, but the way I hunt that 1-40 iron section and resulting compressed upper end is not preferred considering the sites I hunt with so many zincolns and trash types that show up at that dreaded 82.
Haven't really used either one but I wonder if the T2 or the F19 with the same 1-40 large iron section would be similar.
For relic hunting probably great, for my kind of hunting not so much.

The up-averaging that happens on the F70 in this soil seems to happen on targets at the 4"+ depth area also using this one.
Not every time but most times.
I dug a couple of deeper pull tabs that were more into the dime to quarter range and solid.
There might be a slightly different language and behavior on the really deep stuff here so I will look for that on future hunts...if I can recognize it I can use that to my advantage.

Overall most targets seem pretty stable and don't jump much, the better coin targets and the lower trash targets and I have been digging more trash than usual by choice just to compare and build a database in my head.
Like the F70 most of the jumpy stuff is usually trash.

This thing still overloads all the time on shallow targets and I mean a lot.
Turning the gain way low doesn't seem to matter or the size of the targets either...if it is close to the coil it overloads.
Not thrilled with that but I learned to ignore it.

Still the best thing about this for me so far is the cherry picking abilities with the disc turned up past 82.
It is pretty remarkable and I can pick out the good targets in heavy trash pretty well and I found one of those wheats that way in heavy trash around a picnic pavilion.
I still haven't had a chance to visit an entire neighborhood site where all the houses were knocked down and carted away but has extreme trash amounts...this thing might just shine at a place like that for looking for silver coins.

Should be able to get out a bit more now so looking forward to seeing what else I can discover.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2016 12:44PM by diggwr27.
December 26, 2016 04:54PM
Great write up Digger!!
March 26, 2017 08:35AM
Would love to read more if you are still swinging the R1. Thanks for the log thus far
March 29, 2017 03:19AM
Life got in the way but I have gotten out more lately a different sites gathering data so a big write up coming soon.
March 29, 2017 08:35AM
>
> No.
> First time I put it on it did this.
> I put it on and went to hunt but stopped to swing
> over my front lawn before I left just for a second
> .
> Good thing...would have been a drag to get to my s
> ite only to find out I couldn't hunt.

Hello there...please send me your delivery address and tel and I will get one out to you soon.
Pease send an email to me at dilek@noktadetectors.com and please do not forget to include the serial number of the coil.
March 29, 2017 11:12AM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> >
> > No.
> > First time I put it on it did this.
> > I put it on and went to hunt but stopped to swin
> g
> > over my front lawn before I left just for a seco
> nd
> > .
> > Good thing...would have been a drag to get to my
> s
> > ite only to find out I couldn't hunt.
>
>
> Hello there...please send me your delivery address
> and tel and I will get one out to you soon.
> Pease send an email to me at dilek@noktadetectors.
> com and please do not forget to include the serial
> number of the coil.

LOL!
There is service...and then there is service!
You already took care of this...a new coil from Turkey to my front door in less then a week.
All is well and the new coil works fine but honestly the sniper is still my favorite.
March 29, 2017 11:40AM
diggwr27 Wrote:
> Nokta Detectors Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > > No.
> > > First time I put it on it did this.
> > > I put it on and went to hunt but stopped to sw
> in
> > g
> > > over my front lawn before I left just for a se
> co
> > nd
> > > .
> > > Good thing...would have been a drag to get to
> my
> > s
> > > ite only to find out I couldn't hunt.
> >
> >
> > Hello there...please send me your delivery addre
> ss
> > and tel and I will get one out to you soon.
> > Pease send an email to me at dilek@noktadetector
> s.
> > com and please do not forget to include the seri
> al
> > number of the coil.
>
>
> LOL!
> There is service...and then there is service!
> You already took care of this...a new coil from Tu
> rkey to my front door in less then a week.
> All is well and the new coil works fine but honest
> ly the sniper is still my favorite.

:-) I must have been working too hard... for a second I did not pay attention to the date and thought it was a new post ... I apologize.
March 29, 2017 12:27PM
((( Welcome to being a inundated multi-tasking human! )))