Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WTB:Tesoro coil 10.5 Concentric 5-pin

Posted by Whimpster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WTB:Tesoro coil 10.5 Concentric 5-pin
November 14, 2016 08:54PM
Looking for a Tesoro 10.5 Concentric 5-pin coil if anyone has one for sale.
PM me please...

Cheers Bob.
Re: WTB:Tesoro coil 10.5 Concentric 5-pin
November 14, 2016 11:10PM
Don't we all...winking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 15, 2016 12:45AM
I dont have a 10.5'' coil too sell as i bought a as new one about 6 weeks back for the same price as a beatup 7'' Concentric,could not believe my luck when the price was all ready low but it had a 'make a offer' option as well,its on my machine and they are as rare as 'rockin horse manure' one of the most sought after coil for a 5 pin Tesoro.I wont be selling mine as its taken me a very long time to locate one,but they do occasionally come up for sale.
November 15, 2016 03:07AM
Are they that hard to find..might have one out there?....Is it solid white?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 11:36PM by mascard1.
November 15, 2016 04:20AM
they still make the coil it's just not an option for land units..

it's the stock 10.5 on the tiger shark....

You might beg them to sell you one with a 5 pin connector on it..LOL

seems weird they would build a coil but only limit there selves to use on one unit when all that has to be done is a connector swap..

I loved that coil on my big box bandido 1&2 and also on my bandido 2 umax...really loved it on the later...just a beast with the max boost and low noise high gain..it really ran that coil hot...I dug some deep stuff when power balanced that was eye popping smiley and still dissected small to medium and even at times large square nails in campsites on a above par level when going against other machines in friendly competition.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 15, 2016 05:08AM
Hey Keith...

The Tiger Shark 10½" coil is not the same coil as the older thin style 10½" concentric made in the 1990's. I have the old style 10½" coil and it is lighter than the Tiger Shark coil, don't know about performance differences. I do know that the light weight 10½" coil punches deep in my ground, even more so than the Troy Super Nine coil, which ain't no slouch in depth either. JMHO
November 18, 2016 02:45AM
Hombre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Keith...
>
> The Tiger Shark 10½" coil is not the same coil as
> the older thin style 10½" concentric made in the
> 1990's. I have the old style 10½" coil and it is
> lighter than the Tiger Shark coil, don't know
> about performance differences. I do know that the
> light weight 10½" coil punches deep in my ground,
> even more so than the Troy Super Nine coil, which
> ain't no slouch in depth either. JMHO

Which detector can punch so deep with the 10.5" coil?
November 18, 2016 03:01AM
Your right Hombre that's a weighted coil but same shell.

That's one of the appeals to the 10.5 it's deep plus its light..

I used to know a dealer that had a pile of those but I can't get in touch with him .he's out of business,,I'll bet there still lying in the old shop ,,LOL

had a bunch of those treasure baron coils too..

And had the super 6 inch for fisher 12xx...I bought all those though that he had when he closed shop ..smoking smiley

Detectorist

The most powerful 5 pin in my opinion is like I stated earlier..the Bandido 2 umax...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
November 18, 2016 03:19AM
I might be able to get you one,
send me a PM it you want me to sort it,

John.
November 18, 2016 03:28AM
Detectorist Wrote:
> Hombre Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey Keith...
> >
> > The Tiger Shark 10½" coil is not the same coil
> as
> > the older thin style 10½" concentric made in
> the
> > 1990's. I have the old style 10½" coil and it
> is
> > lighter than the Tiger Shark coil, don't know
> > about performance differences. I do know that
> the
> > light weight 10½" coil punches deep in my
> ground,
> > even more so than the Troy Super Nine coil,
> which
> > ain't no slouch in depth either. JMHO
>
>
> Which detector can punch so deep with the 10.5"
> coil?
Answer: My old Bandido ll from 1993, not to be confused with the Bandido ll µMax. At a trashy old fresh water beach I was digging squashed aluminum beer cans at 2 foot, clad coins at 10/12 inches, fishing sinkers at a foot down. This was in the wet sand free of minerals.
November 18, 2016 03:43AM
I use mine on a UK version of the Bandido 11 called the Laser B1 which has the manual GB,i also use it just as well on a B3 which is basically the same machine but with fixed GB,both work very well,infact could well be out using the machine this weekend.Sometimes its just enjoyable too use a very nice classic detector/coil combination.Basically you switch it on and start detecting and at the end of the detecting session just switch it off again with a nice steady stream of finds in between in your finds bag,what more do you want winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2016 03:46AM by Junk and Disorderly.
November 18, 2016 04:00AM
My Bandido ll is basically a turn on and go but the operator needs to know how to adjust ground balance for the conditions. It only takes a few seconds to adjust my ground balance because it rarely changes from spot to spot. I'm blessed with very sweet and neutral soil here in Kansas. A few years ago I was visiting some friends in Oregon and did a hunt at SeaSide Beach on the Pacific Ocean. There was streaks of black sand and my Tesoro Pantera was having a heck of a time ground balancing to that wet mineralized sand. I ended up turning the up the disc. just enough to cancel out the wet salt and it went to finding 8 inch coins with the 8 inch white polo coil.
November 18, 2016 07:12AM
I sold the coil your looking for a few months back and there was little to no interest in it. I think I ended up getting 50 bucks for it.
November 18, 2016 04:32PM
I would have paid $65 for yours if it hadn't been sprayed with bed liner, you was lucky to get $50 out of it.
November 18, 2016 06:40PM
Hombre Wrote:
> I would have paid $65 for yours if it hadn't been
> sprayed with bed liner, you was lucky to get $50
> out of it.

Hombre------Check your emails. smiling smiley
November 18, 2016 10:52PM
Hombre Wrote:
> I would have paid $65 for yours if it hadn't been
> sprayed with bed liner, you was lucky to get $50
> out of it.

Yeah the fellow I bought it from had done that but it looked professionally done. And it worked great and was a deep coil.
November 18, 2016 10:55PM
Is the 10.5" deeper than the modern 10"X12" ?
November 19, 2016 07:00PM
As deep or maybe deeper but in my opinion discriminates better than the 10x12 ...

Never been a DD fan on a Tesoro...the only one I like is the Lobo St 5x10 DD on that unit or on a Tejon and by like I mean it runs on those machines acceptable..

Tesoros have always seemed to prefer Concentrics even in bad soil I can make a Tesoro work with a Concentric and surely if it has Ground balance it will do just fine..

Jack Knew how to make his units handle mineral and the coils wasn't the way he did it..He always touted having built in mineral rejection ..He knew how to do it ..I'm sure being in Arizona helped alot...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: Found:Tesoro coil 10.5 Concentric 5-pin
November 29, 2016 11:07PM
I'm a happy clam...found a 10.5" and a 7" tesoro coil....many thanks to auminesweeper!!

Thank you, John
November 29, 2016 11:25PM
Very well done,must admit i keep my 10.5'' one on my machine all the time,it is much deeper but still very sensitive too our small silver hammered coins,also i think most come with the extended cable so i can wear my control box on my belt to lighten the load.The 7'' Concentric is also another very nice coil for trashy sites,but my all time favourite small Tesoro coil is the 5.75'' Concentric i use that on my Vaquero but that is a 4 pin rather than the 5 pin on the 10.5'' coil.

Look forward to seeing your finds with your new coils.
November 29, 2016 11:47PM
Got a picture of that coil?
Re: Found:Tesoro coil 10.5 Concentric 5-pin
November 29, 2016 11:58PM
Whimpster Wrote:
> I'm a happy clam...found a 10.5" and a 7" tesoro
> coil....many thanks to auminesweeper!!
>
> Thank you, John

Your welcome mate, glad I could help, we are all in this together So more hands make light work.

Good luck and HH

John.
November 30, 2016 01:05AM
mascard1 Wrote:
> Got a picture of that coil?

Its only a small image but you can get the idea on what they look like winking smiley