Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ultimate beach machine

Posted by EZrider 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ultimate beach machine
February 09, 2011 06:42PM
Instead of calling out names of Mfgs. Why doesn't a company come out with a true beach machine? Give me a light fast waterproof machine that has a true gold range. But also make it stable. We beach hunters are in the dry, low tide wet, ankle,knee,waste, chest deep in water. Why make us adapt to "dive 250 foot" dive machines ? The dive machines we use today and adapt to are ok. But could be so much better. It seems to me that detector companies have land and dive "underwater" covered. We beach hunter have to adapt to a dive machine. Yet go to the car and get a "Land" machine to dry sand hunt with. With todays technology and processors one would think we could get a duel/ multi freq. processor based light weight machine.

Give me a G2 setup with a CZ-21 components.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2011 07:03PM by EZrider.
Re: Ultimate beach machine
February 09, 2011 11:32PM
Give me Sovereign Gt components in a box the size of the purple whites coinmaster with the ability to handle water like the At Pro.
February 10, 2011 12:22AM
I'll settle for more Eric Foster AquaStar-II units.................. (Think).
February 10, 2011 03:02AM
Give me a waterproof Whites TDI with the ability to swap coils. But I want EZ's specs of a light weight unit so that's out the window.

Heck, if the unit can be hip mounted and has cables that will not be compromised by the swinging, I will take the current weight it has now.
February 13, 2011 01:30PM
Tom, do you know if Eric has completely retired at this point, or is he still making machines?
February 13, 2011 02:45PM
I think (for the most part) he has 'data-dumped' on White's Electronics..........and is now in a nearly full-retirement status. (I think he is about 71 years old). He likes to 'tinker' still !
February 13, 2011 06:41PM
Thanks, I wondered about that. Mr. Bill said what he had was what he would have a while back, so I knew he was gearing down. Still have my searches running on the 'bay just in case someone let's a later one go. Be extremely nice to have one of those providing it was cared for...otherwise, I guess White's is where to look.
February 13, 2011 08:58PM
I am in the same boat. I could kick myself for waiting too long for one of his PI units. I watch Ebay also. How high should I run it up for you?
February 14, 2011 12:54AM
give me a water proof XLT, I hunt the wet and dry sand with it very well
February 14, 2011 02:43AM
Come meet me on Cocoa Beach. Let me open your eyes! ((( How do you know what you are missing......if you don't know it even exists! ))).
February 16, 2011 03:17PM
Tom, your Cocoa Beach reference blows my mind. I was in Florida, Orlando, with the family and they gave me one day to beach hunt. I followed my GPS to the ocean and found myself on Cocoa Beach. I was feeding quarters into a parking meter though and didn't have enough of them to stay very long. I had fun in the short time I was there. I can't say I found much in the brief time but I would have flipped out if I ran into you there. I wish I could take up your invitation, but just returned from a relic hunt in South Carolina. Momma has me grounded for a while.

Don
HH
February 17, 2011 02:24AM
I may start to give professional training on the beach.......and inland relic hunting.
February 17, 2011 02:57AM

I may start to give professional training on the
beach.......and inland relic hunting.

Ummm... Count me in!
February 17, 2011 03:13PM
If there's enough interest.......I may initiate/commence. This may include group seminars and one-on-one real-world hunts.
February 17, 2011 07:16PM
That would be extremely intense to get to see/experience real world/real time information from you Tom. Speaking for myself......I'm in....when do the classes begin!?
Tom D...........
February 17, 2011 07:26PM
You going to be touring Idaho??????????