Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Short hunt today

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Short hunt today
December 01, 2016 08:15PM
Been on weather hold for a few months,,,,finally got a good smoker to help relief from drought,,,,so tried a spot today,,,I have never hunted.

Hit a few wheats at around 9" deep with CTX stock coil,

Found a few things with Deus and 11" coil as well.

The watch,,I think I cut the band off when digging.

One head to head using Deus and 11" coil vs my bud's Fisher F5,,, a target according to Deus not very deep,,F5 with 6x9" coil wouldn't make a peep.
A memorial at 4" deep-- go figure.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Been doing a little deer hunting and wood cutting,,,maybe now more detecting can be done with wetter ground.

This spot btw,,,a very good place to run the Blisstool V6,,, worm dirt,,,could be some good targets in the 11-12" depth start like ole Indians.
Re: Short hunt today
December 01, 2016 10:11PM
Nice hunt, and thanks for the comparison info re: Deus and F5.
December 01, 2016 10:37PM
Did the rain put out the fires?
December 02, 2016 02:13AM
doc holiday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did the rain put out the fires?

The fires were east of me.

According to tv report this morning,,,some of the fires are at 10% level of containment.
But Dollywood area looks safe for now,,even though substantial damage was done in the immediate area.
December 02, 2016 10:57AM
Nice job on the deepies. Should be some deep silver in there.. go get em!

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
December 02, 2016 01:41PM
David glad it finally came in as well. Tuesday night was a steady all night soaker. Getting with Bill today for a hunt, nice when you can dig down to them without chipping them out lol

Nice hunt bud