Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

R1 / R2

Posted by mrb1268 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
R1 / R2
December 03, 2016 05:57PM
Has anyone experienced and or performed any test to see how close these two machines are able to hunt together without affecting performance?... / EMI is not a problem in the particular area being hunted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2016 06:00PM by mrb1268.
Re: R1 / R2
December 03, 2016 06:51PM
They don't crosstalk when on different freq in disc yet there's still some detrimental performance loss..Place in all metal mode and see how close you can get before the motorboating starts.

You wont here the noise at times in disc but all metal will be the tell tale..

I myself would stay 20 foot back or more ..

may I ask Why you ask??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 03, 2016 07:33PM
Hello Keith , my son and I will be hunting a small (40 x 100ft) area at a mid 1800's schoolyard...the students would assemble in a few lines at this particular location prior to entering the lunchroom each day...he wants to run the R1 ...myself the R2...just want to be as sure as we can as not to negatively affect each other...its not uncommon to have several small nails in a hole/plug here so we'll both be using the "OOR" coil. I would imagine that if he starts approximately midway and I on one end so long as we go in the same direction we should stay 40-50ft or so apart throughout the hunt.
December 04, 2016 10:03PM
I believe yall will do fine ..use freq switch if problems occur...

thanks for the detailed explanation and wish yall much success!!

One of the true treasures though is hunting with your son..I loved to hunt with my Dad..!!Wish yall many many hunts in the future..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla