Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What New, High-end Machines are Expected Next Year?

Posted by go-rebels 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What New, High-end Machines are Expected Next Year?
December 07, 2016 12:20AM
Especially from the US based companies...
Re: What New, High-end Machines are Expected Next Year?
December 07, 2016 02:02AM
Garrett's Long over due 2500 replacement.
December 07, 2016 02:25AM
FT should be coming ou with their "biggy" in 2017!------But then we say that every year, don"t we!grinning smiley
December 07, 2016 02:40AM

Lots of things to look forward to..

Maybe even something you dont Know that can even be possible Will Arrive....

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 03:11AM by Keith Southern.
December 07, 2016 02:46AM
December 07, 2016 03:59AM
New Garrett AT

Several fishers and teks?

Impact

Makro Impact?
December 07, 2016 04:47AM
Will 2017 be First Texas's year?

CZX - Fisher and Teknetics
This machine is ground breaking technology
Turn on and go
2 frequency - 9:1 ratio
No need to ground balance or adjust the detector to the environment
It automatically senses the ground and makes changes accordingly.
First detector birthed from this platform is a gold unit priced around $1000, but deeper than current VLF, this detector will also see through red dirt, and highly mineralized soil.
From this platform other machines will develop. We intend to develop the CZX and MOSCA platforms to offer more machines in the $1000 to $2000 range than have ever been available.
Target release 2016
We have senior engineer Dave Johnson on this project
The "Mosca" platform referred to is further described and apparently is aimed more at being a general purpose non-prospecting detector (coins, jewelry, relics). Again, here is the text from the posted screen shot:

"Mosca" Fisher and Teknetics
Waterproof up to 10' (3 meters)
Wireless headphones - Waterproof loop and connectors for headphones
2 frequency - 7:1 ratio
Hobby/Treasure Market - Great for Saltwater, Relic, Coin
Auto Ground Tracking
Single Pod Design
LCD Pad, control buttons, 2 AA batteries
Arm Pad in rear
Retail target - $1200 - $2000
Target release 2016
We have dedicated engineers on this project

This was copied from another forum 18 mo. ago
December 07, 2016 06:02AM
Happy with my Racer2, but always interested to see what the next new and improved mousetrap will bring to the table!

With the (cheap) computing power available these days, that should raise the bar for those companies that utilize it.
December 07, 2016 07:52AM
I'm more concerned with finding good sites. We've had plenty of rain....
December 07, 2016 09:03AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Maybe even something you dont Know that can even
> be possible Will Arrive....
>
>
> Keith

I can take a hint Keith, an advance in unmasking perhaps?......or a discriminating PIcool smiley
December 07, 2016 11:16AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> [i957.photobucket.com]
> ages_zpsp2dsx9gq.jpg
>
> Lots of things to look forward to..
>
> Maybe even something you dont Know that can even
> be possible Will Arrive....
>
>
> Keith

Hope a stinkin high price don't arrive also!-----I'm "detector poor" now!winking smiley
December 07, 2016 11:26AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> [i957.photobucket.com]
>
> > ages_zpsp2dsx9gq.jpg
> >
> > Lots of things to look forward to..
> >
> > Maybe even something you dont Know that can
> even
> > be possible Will Arrive....
> >
> >
> > Keith
>
>
> Hope a stinkin high price don't arrive
> also!-----I'm "detector poor" now!
winking smiley

Me too and since winter is here, should I sell now in anticipation of the Great One? LOL

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
December 07, 2016 11:35AM
"Maybe Garrett got their Treasure Vision working for real? Show shape etc?"
December 07, 2016 12:32PM
I remember a few months back..... where i saw Tom had posted that thread on PI/VLF combo discussion at the top of his home page. It quickly went away..... did anyone else notice? THAT.... could be an interesting machine. Ive also noticed....... Tom hasnt been posting much.

Dew
December 07, 2016 02:04PM
The Makro Impact is the only new detector of those mentioned above that I'm sure will arrive soon. The others are just rumors as far as I know.
December 07, 2016 02:46PM
I'm waiting on Ziggys videos on the Rutus Alter 71, if what i hear is right the Impact might old old tech even before it's released!

Tom Slick Wrote:
> The Makro Impact is the only new detector of those
> mentioned above that I'm sure will arrive soon.
> The others are just rumors as far as I know.
December 07, 2016 02:50PM
I think we can expect something new from...

Garett "AT Pro 2"?
Nokta "impact"
Makro "maybe a waterproof machine"
Fisher/Teknetics " something interesting since Dave and Carl teamed up"
Minelab " something expensive "
Deeptech " onyx"
Whites " mx sport all figured out and running 100%"
XP "deus v 4.0"

Would like to see an updated sov maybe with a reactivity setting in xterra like housing waterproof to 10'

John
December 07, 2016 03:01PM
Dew....... I am indeed swamped with testing.
December 07, 2016 04:32PM
One word for you on that Tom....... OUTSTANDING. I like it when you stay busy......Id like it better if im right lol. I tell you here in Fl id love a PI that can be switched to disc just for the purpose of quickly IDing iron with some accuracy. Hit it like i do with my modified Xcal and move on. With that added depth and a bit more sensitivity....... id be golden.

STAY BUSY MY FRIEND.....

Dew
December 07, 2016 04:42PM
The impact may give the deus a run for it's money or even surpass it?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 07, 2016 05:28PM
Des D Wrote:
> "Maybe Garrett got their Treasure Vision working
> for real? Show shape etc?"

I'm with you on that one Des

I've always thought an improvement on "Treasure Vision" would be a great leap in technology coupled with today's machines and their separation/reactivity, etc. features!

I know we are on the verge of some extremely innovative releases from a couple of the US companies (FT for one) but it would be nice to see Garrett improve on the 2500 and it's sizing/vision tech. and/but not just hand us some updated ATP type machine with just a few mediocre improvements/features over and above the current unit thumbs up
December 07, 2016 05:28PM
I'm waiting for a machine that can tell aluminum vs gold. Eg.: not just "conductivity", but actual composition smiling smiley I'm not asking for too much, am I ? >grinning smiley<
December 07, 2016 05:48PM
IMHO, in the winners will be the manufacturer who offers a detector working on the fair two or more frequencies simultaneously.
All other developments on metal detectors will abut against the restriction of the ability to identify when using only one frequency.
Even the attempt to cross the PI and VLF technologies in a single detector will not be a breakthrough for the same reason.
I should add as well that now the treasure hunters in Russia began to demand from the detectors a good job of "Iron" ( "trash" ) and identification of deep targets, as most search sites already stripped.
Of the expected new products we expect many treasure hunters Nokta Impact and AKA Intronik.
Garrett AT Pro 2 is intriguing but no one expected him to wonder.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2016 05:52PM by vfp7.
December 07, 2016 06:10PM
I'm with vfp7, if it's not multi-freq or some other tech similar to VLF that can handle mineralized ground I'll take a pass.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
December 12, 2016 12:49AM
Mosca price is crazy.
December 12, 2016 01:37AM
AKA Intronik.
December 12, 2016 02:10AM
The Tesoro Cazador. Maybe. Possibly.
December 12, 2016 04:35PM
It is really about time that we see some new high end machines come out in 2017 that can do more than make claims, but can deliver. With the many companies that have not had a new flagship come out in years I want to see a cut above of what we have now. I would say, let this be the year we see a few new wonder machines come on the market that live up to the hype!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 12, 2016 04:50PM
Over on Steve H's forum, there was a post about how Minelab spent $10 million on development of the GPZ7000. I did a few guesstimates of how this could be broken down. Below, I have copied what I came up with and posted at Steve's place.

Think about what it takes to design and build a truly NEW platform. These only come along every decade or so. No disrespect to XP, Nokta and others with innovative packaging and fine-tuning of existing VLF IB detecting platforms, but these are not radically new - they are improvements (even significant ones) of existing technology.

New breakthroughs like the GPZ take multi-year efforts by dedicated teams of top engineers. Guess how many companies have those kind of resources and are willing to "bet the farm" on something which, in the end, might not live up to expectations and flop in the market - hint - there are at least two.

About the $10million number. It is quite credible in my view. An engineer probably costs somewhare in the neighborhood of $150,000/year - based on salary, benefits, facility, equipment, it support, etc.

if you subtract some number from the $10m for material, supplies, specialized equipment etc - let's say $2m.

the remaining $8m - divided by 5 years - gives us the "burn rate" per year - $1.6m

Divide that number by $150,000 and you get 10.66 engineers.

Someone (not in ML) recently told me that ML likely had about 20 engineers in metal detection. Using about half of them full time for five years in GPZ development and pre-production seems highly plausible.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
December 13, 2016 02:30AM
((( Rick..... well stated. )))