Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about Fors Relic

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question about Fors Relic
December 21, 2016 06:49PM
I have yet to use my new NOKTA Fors Relic. I have an hour or two to hunt this afternoon. I will be hunting a very low trash area. The ground is moderately mineralized. Can another Fors RELIC owner give me a setting that you have found effective?? The weather just up and turned purty and I have not even had the unit in my test garden yet. I have read the owners manual after I found it online. The Owners Manual that came with mine was in Turkish. Thanks and Merry Christmas. kevin
Re: Question about Fors Relic
December 21, 2016 07:09PM
Good talk on the Phone Kevin!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2016 02:16AM by Keith Southern.
December 21, 2016 09:20PM
With low trash I would hunt it with ID mask 0, Imask 0 3 tones. Tobe break at 65
December 23, 2016 07:31PM
Thank you gentlemen!!!!!!
December 23, 2016 09:38PM
Sorry I meant to say 2 tones. It's deeper than 3 tones. I like to run it wide open when I can, I believe a machine as sparky as it is shouldn't be held back.lol
December 24, 2016 03:14AM
Thank you Welgund. I took the Relic out hunting yesterday. I am hunting in an area that is not rich in targets.....so I found nothing but only hunted for about an hour.....but I sure did find a lot of .22 hulls and some of them things were 2 to 5 inches deep. So far, I like the Relic and I like the 19 kHz. Merry Christmas
December 24, 2016 09:13AM
Merry xmas Kevin. When I first got the Relic I was finding quite a few .22 casings also. Luckily they ring low on the vdi in the upper 20s to low 30s in my soil if their shallow. This machine jumps all over low conductors. I have found more shield and V nickels in the last year with it more than my other machines though at the old rail camps and homesteads.