Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's the one detector you won't part with?

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's the one detector you won't part with?
January 05, 2017 06:30PM
After cutting back from 5 detectors a few hears back, i swore to the boss I'll only ever have 2 at any one time, prob is i fancy trying a couple of other current models, but also like both of the ones i have.
So i'd a tough decision today and put the Nexus to the knife, keeping my Golden Mask 5 cos it's such fun to swing, just couldn't part with it!
What detector would you not part with?
Re: What's the one detector you won't part with?
January 05, 2017 06:40PM
Gotta Be one??

right now it would be the &^(&@-&^%$#( hot smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2017 07:42PM by Keith Southern.
January 05, 2017 07:00PM
When I've got the buy and try itch no unit is safe.

HH
Mike
January 05, 2017 07:15PM
Troy Shadow X5 for many reasons.......

1. Hard to find a good one in great shape
2. Light weight
3. Fun to use
4. The audio talks to me
5. build to last
6. lots of coils
January 05, 2017 07:28PM
TDI Pro.
January 05, 2017 07:35PM
I need to conditionalize my response,,,as long as it has repair support,,,Deus.
January 05, 2017 07:39PM
Only one is really difficult. I guess mine would have to be the Makro Racer 2 but I keep about 8 detectors to cover all my different detecting needs. Its kind of like asking what's the only tool you'd have in your tool box?
January 05, 2017 07:39PM
Hey Tom!!!

Long time no see!!

Good to see ya..

Hope all is well sir!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 05, 2017 08:13PM
E-Trac - I primarily coin shoot on land in yards, schools, and parks.

But like Mike said, nothing is safe when something else peaks your interest. Assuming you could alway go back of course.
January 05, 2017 08:53PM
Thanks Keith. Been a little sick and super busy but I do manage to read all the posts most days.
January 05, 2017 10:18PM
For the time being, mine would easily be the Makro Racer 2.

Five years ago, my CZ70 (which I still have).

Ask me next year, and it could change spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 05, 2017 10:36PM
CZ6a
January 05, 2017 10:44PM
I'll tell you the ones I will part with...are the ones on borrow. That leaves 3 that I will keep because I'm a sentimental sap. Sooo many old coin finds It'd be like selling a great tool, tuff for me to do, like I said, sap.
January 05, 2017 10:45PM
After a long list ther is only one I miss and that is my Musketeer Advantage, But my MXT has replaced that, Since 2010 many have come and gone but one of the MXT has always been in my Kit,

Are there better machines out there ? Maybe.

Why have I stayed with the MXT's for all this time ? Well I found more in one month than I had in 6 years before using all the others, In fact I smashed my finds rate in the first week hunting in one companies Test site that has seen every machine since the 1960s,

For where I hunt nothing else seems you increase my finds rate and others have given up shaking their heads wondering how a machine that was made 17 years ago can out pace them, I don't know why it does but it just happens that way, Over 6 years of hunting with the MXT's and not once have I ever been skunked,

So with all of the above what else do I need, The design is robust and it does not fall over when I put it down I get over 60 hours from a set of batteries, Even after a Solid 8 to 10 hours a day detecting I still come off the field with a smile on my face,

I mean this in the nicest possible way But Some of you guys have had that many machines in the past year alone and here you are back to square one again, How much money have you lost buying and selling those new machines and has your finds rate covered those losses ?. The reason for this question is that if you have a favourite then stick with it, you will spend less time worrying about if you had the correct settings and you will know that you have given it your best shot.

All these new machines rename some features that were fitted on machines 30/40 years ago and some of them do quite well, But all these new machines Lack the Raw Power of some of the older machines, The machines I Own are the best at what they do and all the others on the market seem to have quirks and people except them even with such issues in their quest for more power/depth etc, Personally I would rather have a machine that works as it should giving a better overall average because I can take it anywhere and know that I have done the best that any machine can that's what gets results by being consistent.

John.
January 05, 2017 10:48PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gotta Be one??
>
> right now it would be the &^(&@-&^%$#( hot smiley
>
> Keith

Do you have some kind of key to decipher the code?
Maybe it's something your testing that hasn't come out yet?

The one detector I won't part with is my CTX. I would be happy to change if I could find something better for my type
of detecting and ground.
Bryan
January 05, 2017 11:30PM
NY excal sword. I will never sell that one
January 05, 2017 11:35PM
Gold Bug 2
wjs
January 05, 2017 11:46PM
I would sell any of them. Thats my problem, I have had some good ones and sold them then regeretted it later.......;o(
January 06, 2017 12:52AM
CTX
January 06, 2017 12:57AM
Wouldn't part with the CTX-3030, at least until the CTX-3535.
January 06, 2017 01:22AM
One of my favorites is a very hot specimen Tesoro Toltec 100, it will stay with me....
January 06, 2017 01:36AM
Etrac

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 06, 2017 01:56AM
CTX 3030
January 06, 2017 02:09AM
CTX until Ctx2 comes out

Also my ML musky, and Sov/Excalibur aren't going anywhere either grinning smiley
January 06, 2017 02:39AM
I can't be without a Tejon. Now I have a Deeptech Warrior competing with it.

Rick
January 06, 2017 03:20AM
Everything has a price. I grew up with my mother being the manager and owner of a pawn shop so wheelin and dealin is in my blood. I am not emotionally attached to any detector. If I have what somebody wants, it is nothing for me to sell it if their willing to pay. I like the GPX extremely well but I think I have owned 5 of them over the last few years. Buy them as I need them, use them til I don't and then get something else. I like my MX Sport pretty well but I'm entertaining trading or selling it just to try something else.
January 06, 2017 04:46AM
I'm with you, Daniel.

Love 'em and leave 'em. Kick 'em to the curb for an easy buck once they no longer serve me any useful purpose. No sense letting them hang around until they get old and worthless.

I'm a heartless bastard with my exes.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2017 04:49AM by marcomo.
January 06, 2017 12:34PM
yeah ive sold them all.. ive used the f75 of diff variants the most along with mxt.. but i really liked the etrac but it was so unbalanced it hurt an old injury between my shoulders so the 705 is close for me.. im not mattied to any of them.
January 06, 2017 12:36PM
January 06, 2017 03:29PM
Gee it would be tough to ditch my CZ even if I left hobby...Always had one model since 92....