Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I found an item that is old.....can someone identify it?

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I found an item that is old.....can someone identify it?
January 06, 2017 09:46PM
It has a crown on the back of it....along with some ornate designs, although they are faint. I am about to drop the pics into this thread, and hopefully the pic of the back will show the crown (which makes me think that it is of British manufacturing.
URL=http://s89.photobucket.com/user/kevinb_010/media/026_zpstf4zo4a4.jpg.html][/URL]

As I thought, I put too much light on the relic. But....from what I have shown, can anyone give me a clue as to what it is? It looks like it would have hung from a belt. But I'm not even sure about that. Any help....any help at-all.....will be greatly appreciated. The crown and ornate design would be visible in the bottom pic....on the 'back' of the relic. This relic was red (and, still is) but I soaked it for two weeks in Ballistol (mineral oil based gun cleaner). I was experimenting with it on old brass. It didn't do much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2017 09:50PM by Kevin B.
Re: I found an item that is old.....can someone identify it?
January 07, 2017 05:59PM
Thanks anyway.
January 10, 2017 01:16AM
Looks like some sort of WW1 piece Kevin.. maybe off a belt rig..

In the 40s and 50 the hunters used to use WW1 surplus alot..

I find lots of old WW1 stuff back in the woods at times around here...slings and buckles and such..

Just a thought

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 10, 2017 11:47PM
This could be possibly how it was lost.

I live in one of these counties,,,,and have talked to old folks who remember the troopers on maneuvers.

I have found general service buttons,,,lost by them,,I think.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]