Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MX Sport Package F/S

Posted by Daniel Tn 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MX Sport Package F/S
January 12, 2017 07:22AM
This is an updated version with the screen crack fix and fixed tones. I have became detector broke over the last few months; have way too many and am thinning some back. I have hockey tape on the grip; I thought the grip had sharp plastic edges where the molded parts came together so I put that on there to help with it. It comes off really easy. It is no mint closet queen either; it has been used and does have scratches and scuffs on the shaft and coil; especially the stock coil. I don't have the manual or box. But the manuals can be downloaded online.

What I do have is the following:

Mx Sport detector with 3 coils. Stock 10" coil, a almost brand new 7" DD coil, and a brand new 13" Ultimate coil. All have covers. I have the waterproof headphones for it as well but mis placed the headphone adapter that lets you use regular headphones. To be honest, I think the waterproof headphones are better than most of the after market ones anyway...plus they are waterproof.

Asking $700 for it and all 3 coils. The extra coils themselves are right at $300 if you bought both of them new. PayPal only and shipping to the US lower 48 included.

upload foto

upload foto

upload foto
Re: MX Sport Package F/S
January 13, 2017 04:45AM
The $10,000 question . . . why are you selling this model verses another detector? I'm interested in the Sport so would like to hear you pros and cons on the unit.

Thanks
January 13, 2017 09:26AM
davidtn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The $10,000 question . . . why are you selling thi
> s model verses another detector? I'm interested i
> n the Sport so would like to hear you pros and con
> s on the unit.
>
> Thanks

Good question.-----I thought Daniel really liked this detector versus a few others (Nokta Relic, etc.).
January 13, 2017 02:11PM
I go from machine to machine as I need them and usually don't keep any around for very long, even the ones I like. What I end up doing is usually rebuying another one like it down the road as needed if I liked that particular model. When I have a machine that I buy new that has a transferable warranty with it, then I will usually try to sell them before the warranty runs low on them. That is usually the #1 question people ask "does it have any warranty left on it and if so, how much". Machines with more warranty on them sell better and for more than those without any.

I bought the Sport to handle hunting in the creeks and such this summer and it so happened to do a decent job on land as well. Water season is over here for now and I'm more focused on jewelry hunting right now than I am anything else; especially since running into trouble getting new relic sites. All my machines I have now are geared towards either micro jewelry hunting or wet sand detectors....aka the CTX 3030 and TDI, and just added a Fors Relic to try on the micro jewelry side of things. The other two will handle the wet sand much deeper than the MX Sport.
January 13, 2017 06:23PM
My Fors Relic is still the deepest machine I have on a 10 inch dime..when using 3 tone...THANKS ALPER!!!winking smiley

Loves deep bullets in bad soil too...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 14, 2017 10:52AM
That's a heck of a good deal folks.
January 14, 2017 12:58PM
Keith, Is your Fors Relic a hot one or are all Fors Relics deep on a dime like that? ID's correctly also?
Sorry Daniel for off topic.
January 14, 2017 02:04PM
Ozzie -- No problem. In my soil, the Relic can get a 10 inch dime with the stock coil. I have the 5x10 concentric coil for it too and it wont touch the dime though; it really struggles to get even my 6-7 inch targets here in the test garden. The stock DD coil gets those easy. I get a repeatable signal on the 10 inch dime; just no ID to go with it but a for sure repeatable beep on it that would stop you in your tracks. I will say though, the ground at the house is what I consider to be mildly mineralized; it is nothing like my bullet fields or the place I used to live. I can even get the 10 inch dime with the CTX 3030 with a decent ID with the stock coil on it; same goes for the MX Sport. Yet in my bullet fields, both units will give a mostly iron ID on something in that depth range. This is the 2nd Relic I have owned. I got one when they first released them and my big complaint of it was the sensitivity to super small items. Ironically, that is what attracted me to it this go around for jewelry hunting. I didn't like it for relic hunting due to the bird shot, 22 bullets, etc. But on the freshwater beaches...those small low conductors are what I would rather chase than coins and such. Freshwater beach hunting here is a short window. They start drawing the water down to winter pool about October but many places wont be at peak winter pool until this time of the year...and then it stays that way til early spring when they begin raising it again. So the swimming areas are dry right now and 99.9% of the beach combers here, will just coin hunt on them and leave all the low conductive signals behind. I would rather dig one gold ring than a pocketful of clad.

On the MX Sport. That $700 is not a firm price. I would also bust the package up for someone that might not want all 3 coils or if they just want the stock coil and one of the other coils.
January 14, 2017 02:09PM
Daniel....... have you tried the Racer Gold or Gold Bug-2 for micro-jewelry hunting? You may want to (at least) test one.
January 14, 2017 02:20PM
Tom,

I have actually been keeping an eye out on the forums for one of those two units used for the past couple of months. I had bid on some of the Gold Bug 2s on the auction site and always get outbid on those. I think the Racer Gold would be a hard one to sell if I were to buy it new and didn't like it; I figure there is only a small niche group of people that would be interested in it. I don't think I've even seen any that came up used but my memory ain't that good on such things. I'm all the time buying/selling/trading on things. I'm like one of those old men that comes to the stock barn and flea markets with all kind of goodies for trading and selling. Heheh.
January 14, 2017 06:14PM
Daniel I'm a lot like you as in I go through detectors like candy. Buying and selling detectors is a big part of the hobby for me.
The one detector that NEVER crosses my mind to sell is my Macro Gold Racer. It's extremely unique and very deep with the big 15.5x13 GR 40 coil.
Even on high conductors. Nails a 10" dime with no problem in my bad soil. It is extremely sensitive to small targets and has a a language of its own.
The little GR19 coil 7.5x4 is a beast for depth for its size. Air tests 11" on a nickel and laughs at the nail board test. I'm not a fan of the bigger hollow 10" elliptical though.
I plan on putting a lot more hours on my Gold Racer this year.. I bought it for nugget hunting but have had good success with it turf hunting for old coins.
At 56kHz and its discrimination features it really doesn't have any competition and is a must have tool in my opinion.
Bryan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 06:35PM by Cabin Fever.
January 15, 2017 03:22AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My Fors Relic is still the deepest machine I have
> on a 10 inch dime..when using 3 tone...THANKS ALPE
> R!!!winking smiley
>
> Loves deep bullets in bad soil too...
>
> Keith
I need some good settings for mine! them mxt boys are killing me with them NEL coils.lol
January 16, 2017 05:06PM
$475 for the unit itself with stock coil and underwater headphones.

$85 per additional coil.

PayPal only. No holds.

Will also trade for a Sovereign or Excalibur in working order. Prefer the Sovereign GT but doesn't have to be.
January 17, 2017 02:04AM
What condition are the waterproof headphones and what would you sell them for? I assume they're specific for the MX Sport?

Thanks!
January 17, 2017 02:17AM
How much for the ultimate coil
January 17, 2017 03:08PM
Each coil will be $85.

Will not separate the headphones. They are a good combo for anybody looking to get into the MX Sport.

If this doesn't go by Friday on here, it is all going on auction.
January 18, 2017 03:48AM
Take it ..the ultimate
January 18, 2017 04:38PM
The whole package is sold. Sending gratuity $ to Tom for use of the forum! Thanks everybody.