Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone using adobe on their computer,,news flash

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone using adobe on their computer,,news flash
January 13, 2017 10:57PM
Perform update immediately,,,,I seen this info on ABC news station.

Something about ransomware is out and about,,,current update will prevent/fix,, I think.
Re: Anyone using adobe on their computer,,news flash
January 14, 2017 12:15AM
It's not really a news flash. Adobe products are the largest carrier of cyber-security issues out there (that's why you see so many Adobe update requests on your computer). It used to be Microsoft products, but MS has been working diligently to secure their products, and now Adobe is the security vulnerability champion!

Makes me glad I run an enterprise next generation firewall and sandbox appliance at home >grinning smiley<
January 14, 2017 12:23AM
Glad i use 'Linux' on all my computers instead of Windows,malware and virus problems are not a issue as such,almost bullet proof.
January 14, 2017 12:50AM
I thought by the title we were talking about Spanish bricks..sad smiley

Oh well

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 14, 2017 02:02AM
January 14, 2017 02:04AM
Junk and Disorderly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glad i use 'Linux' on all my computers instead of
> Windows,malware and virus problems are not a issue
> as such,almost bullet proof.

Me too, since 2007. Recently added a second hard drive, loaded it with Win 7 just for a few photo editing programs that I could not run or run well using VirtualBox or Wine in Linux.
So I can now boot into either hard drive at start up. Otherwise I have no use for Windows. I turned off all MS services and anything else that MS runs in the background and their annoying pop-ups
to update..........Adobe always wants to update on my wife's Windows computer, even when you turn the preferences off. My wife hates Windows but, puts up with it.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 14, 2017 01:22PM
lol

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought by the title we were talking about Spani
> sh bricks..sad smiley
>
> Oh well
>
> Keith
January 14, 2017 11:04PM
Well, I'm glad I don't use a computer at all and just get on the Internet with a pencil and paper.
January 15, 2017 12:56AM
Remove adobe Reader and use an alternate like foxit. Way safer for Windows users
January 15, 2017 01:13AM
I ACER Aspire laptop and my provider is Charter Communications. It was super fast when I first got it. Now it is ALMOST as slow as DSL. (I realize that this is off topic but I am going to get on topic presently). I have been getting these ADOBE (little windows that appear at start-up). I was wondering if it is safe to proceed. And.......is it free? Thanks guys. kevin
January 15, 2017 01:26AM