Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Well Im hooked.. Is this how my wife feels waiting on the next season of Scandal???

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Well Im hooked.. Is this how my wife feels waiting on the next season of Scandal???
January 18, 2017 03:20AM
I ran across this show on Netflix called Detectorist...

[www.imdb.com]

Its based in the U.K. and has two seasons and I understand there getting ready to fill season 3 this summer.

Give it a couple of episodes to develop the characters...then hang on..I watched all the episodes in a week late at night after work..

Im now Hooked!!!

Its a comedy and has that British humor..Yet it has some deeper little subtleties in it that I may guess that one or both of the main stars of the show is really a detectorist..Why because he gets the little quirky type things WE do...

Mackenzie Crook ( Andy on the show) is the shows writer and main star he's looking to strike it rich..does odd jobs till hes hired as an archaeologist one day he hopes.

Toby Jones (lance on the show)... Andys sidekick ...He really knows alot about pulltabs and even collects them like prized jewels..Hes still in love with his ex-wife..

The club president they are in (((And there about as a bunch of maladjusted people in one room you could ever find ...all seven of them LOL))) Is a retired cop will keep you laughing...I think he may be the funniest guy on the show..

And yes they have a rival club who's nighthawkers..and are the dark side..LOL..All those guys run around in camo when there hunting or not...

I mean these guys who wrote the show..really nailed it..

They even go to the pubs when there MACHINES ( again they nailed it) and lean them against the wall in case soemthing big comes up.LOL

Andy polishes his machine (DEUS) after every use...

Lance wont let anyone touch his (CTX)...

seriously its eerily EXACT..

Check it out..

Its on netflix

[www.netflix.com]

if you don't have netflix is here also

[www.dailymotion.com]

13 episodes so far..now I'm waiting on season 3 LOL!!!

They have the Vibe down perfect and they draw you into there daily lives...Really feel like you know them or want to know them ..you care about them!

I can watch a show based around a hospital or a cop show etc ..but for some reason this one just feels right maybe... its they just got the feel right and I know that feel...Wonder if cops and doctors watch shows about them and feel it??I doubt it!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2017 03:21AM by Keith Southern.
Good show. I even used to have a TR7...
January 18, 2017 06:35AM
I watched season one a while back and recently noticed season two was up. Watched that a couple weeks ago. Some of my family isn't into it (those wacky in-laws..), but my wife and I love the show. Enjoy the music and especially the different nature shots at the start of each episode. I even had a nice "turd 7", as they were once known in the States. Lance's bring back memories...
Still waiting to see the latest "Doc Martin", another quirky English show we've been watching.

Dirty ol' Digger
Re: Well Im hooked.. Is this how my wife feels waiting on the next season of Scandal???
January 18, 2017 06:47AM
I ran into season one last year and thought it was pretty good, and then got the Netflix alert that they released season two. Didn't even know there would be a season two, but yeah pretty good program, especially for us. I hope they do a season 3. It's an easy one to binge watch - lol
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Very funny show. What you gave up on finding "nectar" and sliding in to "First Base" to see your Buddies find only to miss identify it.? grinning smiley> I ran across this show on Netflix called Detectori
> st...
>
> [www.imdb.com]
>
> Its based in the U.K. and has two seasons and I un
> derstand there getting ready to fill season 3 this
> summer.
>
> Give it a couple of episodes to develop the charac
> ters...then hang on..I watched all the episodes in
> a week late at night after work..
>
> Im now Hooked!!!
>
> Its a comedy and has that British humor..Yet it ha
> s some deeper little subtleties in it that I may g
> uess that one or both of the main stars of the sho
> w is really a detectorist..Why because he gets th
> e little quirky type things WE do...
>
> Mackenzie Crook ( Andy on the show) is the shows w
> riter and main star he's looking to strike it ric
> h..does odd jobs till hes hired as an archaeologis
> t one day he hopes.
>
> Toby Jones (lance on the show)... Andys sidekick .
> ..He really knows alot about pulltabs and even col
> lects them like prized jewels..Hes still in love w
> ith his ex-wife..
>
> The club president they are in (((And there about
> as a bunch of maladjusted people in one room you
> could ever find ...all seven of them LOL))) Is a
> retired cop will keep you laughing...I think he ma
> y be the funniest guy on the show..
>
> And yes they have a rival club who's nighthawkers.
> .and are the dark side..LOL..All those guys run ar
> ound in camo when there hunting or not...
>
> I mean these guys who wrote the show..really naile
> d it..
>
> They even go to the pubs when there MACHINES ( aga
> in they nailed it) and lean them against the wall
> in case soemthing big comes up.LOL
>
> Andy polishes his machine (DEUS) after every use..
> .
>
> Lance wont let anyone touch his (CTX)...
>
> seriously its eerily EXACT..
>
> Check it out..
>
> Its on netflix
>
> [www.netflix.com]
>
> if you don't have netflix is here also
>
> [www.dailymotion.com]
> all_detectorists/1#video=x29hnac
>
>
> 13 episodes so far..now I'm waiting on season 3 LO
> L!!!
>
> They have the Vibe down perfect and they draw you
> into there daily lives...Really feel like you know
> them or want to know them ..you care about them!
>
> I can watch a show based around a hospital or a c
> op show etc ..but for some reason this one just fe
> els right maybe... its they just got the feel righ
> t and I know that feel...Wonder if cops and doctor
> s watch shows about them and feel it??I doubt it!
>
> Keith
Re: Well Im hooked.. Is this how my wife feels waiting on the next season of Scandal???
January 18, 2017 10:44AM
Ha Ha, My wife and I watched every show, I don't know how it does it but we did get hooked. Soap opera with detecting swimming around the edges. We'll have to check it out again.
I really liked the theme song...still singing it, wife especially.
January 18, 2017 11:01AM
Matchbox car!
January 18, 2017 11:05AM
Man where have you been, that was last years big talked about show.
I had to get all episodes off bit torrent last year spring to watch.
Have all the seasons episodes on my computer to watch over and over again if I so choose.

But, yup one good show to get hooked, me, myself and I watched one whole season in a swoop.

The end of season one, well, you'll see.

Enjoy. My wife watched some as well.......

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 18, 2017 11:16AM
No season three is planned at this time although there has just been some rumors around that Crook is thinking about finding funding to do another season.
There was a website , I believe at Finds , where you could put in your comments about bring it back for a third season.
After watching that show, my parents went out and bought themselves detectors! They told me about it. Loved it! That kind of humor is right up my alley! smileys with beer
January 18, 2017 01:33PM
I'm several years behind, but have recently been hooked on The Walking Dead. For the longest, I thought it was the stupidest thing and refused to even give it a chance. Then one day I just up and decided to gave it a try. Been hooked since.

It's weird how we can go back to detectors that are older and are favorites, and be happy with them. Yet if you go back to some TV shows or movies we used to like back in the day....they seem silly now. When I was a kid, Airwolf was one of my favorite shows. The top secret attack helicopter that could break the sound barrier. Yeah that show. I found all 4 seasons in a kit at the store for less than $20 and bought it. I was so excited to start it....I haven't made it past the first disc of season one yet. It is soooo stupid now!!
January 18, 2017 03:01PM
Keith, 2 things.

1. you should get a cameo on the show. That would be must see TV.

2. If you havent ever...go find Fawlty Towers show from John Cleese back in the day.
BBC - Detectorists
January 19, 2017 07:52PM
I saw some snippets of this on You - Tube last year when it was being talked about but never did find the full length show. Thanks for the [www.dailymotion.com] reference Keith, it was the ticket. Watched both seasons the last few days, (6 and 7 shows respectively) at about 30 minutes an episode. Pretty funny. Love those Dirt Sharks.

Have to agree the writers got a lot of the small details right.

I want to know if Keith has field tested that Power Rangers Detector?

Rich -

------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one more good target before I go.
LOL...Welgund..

I like It!!

Rookie mistake...First day of detecting school

Think I'll add that to my sig line... LOL..for awhile anyways!!

funny show!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
Re: BBC - Detectorists
January 19, 2017 08:06PM
Well I'm slow..

I still watch Gunsmoke and Andy Griffith..Jack Benny( Greatest Comedian ever in my opinion)..Roy Rogers..Etc,,,,Oh Yeah Hogan's Heroes is a favorite too..

Don't follow new stuff much ...dont have the time to I guess spend a few minutes watching any of them..

But with Netflix I can make time...actually with everything on demand I find time late at night 2am 3am LOL..watch a couple of episodes of whatever catches my fancy before bed,,

Ill try and find the fawlty show Rod..about being on the show wonder if they would understand what I'm saying...

Funny thing about languages..especially the english language...I often detect Some Southern Appalachian Drawl When I hear some Scottish talk...maybe even some Western England and maybe some irish thrown in..

Glad yall enjoy the show I know I do!!

Oh yeah every episode of time team is on youtube..Ill admit I've watched every episode.What a series!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Hey George..

Whats funny is this isnt reality, but its not as OVER THE TOP as those 2 reality guys LOL..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Heres what I found as of last month..

I Knew Id seen that Crook guy ..he was the guy on Pirates of caribbean movie with fake Eye!!

[www.radiotimes.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Read the other day that Crook is working on the ideas/script for season 3.
Daily Motion has all the back episodes for free streaming, including the Xmas special.

Its the only TV show I have looked forward to since House went off the air.
Lets keep our fingers crossed..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Well thanks to you guys, I just watched the first two episodes and I'm totally hooked!
January 20, 2017 01:54PM
Mackenzie Crook wrote them all, the show was his idea and he is an actual avid detectorist in real life...supposedly.
That's why it seems so familiar and real to us, the best writers write what they know.

"You're one of us now....Just need some camouflage.
~ Why do detectorists wear camouflage?
To hide from predators.
~ Of course"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2017 01:43PM by diggwr27.
Actually theres a Youtube interview of Crook saying he wasn't a detectorist when conceiving and writing the show. No idea if he is now or not, but it sounds like his spare time is a rare thing for him these days.
January 20, 2017 08:21PM
Well since you asked Keith.."Wonder if cops and doctors watch shows about them and feel it??I doubt it! "......being a retired state cop been there done that sure do.....
Good One!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Thanks Dan!

Good to know..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla