Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Water detector

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Water detector
February 15, 2011 09:42PM
Being from Ind. i mostly do field, park, and home hunting. The soil is obviously different than the beach. I use the ML SE for most of these locations and ive found it to be a find detector no matter where i travel. Considering getting a place here in Englewood Fl. The SE seems to do a great job on the wet and dry sand. I know many use the Xcal and the CZs. Id like to get something for the water... not getting out there over my head. If you had one or two choices what would they be? Why would one be better than the other?
Is the AT even in the running... especially for the price? I plan on doing some map research and hunt around besides the beach so im keeping the SE.

Dew
Re: Water detector
February 16, 2011 01:47AM
CZ-20 or Excal.

Not the AT Pro for wet salt.
February 16, 2011 10:41AM
You already have a detector for the sand. You could go PI for the water. I have no idea about the amount of junk on the beaches you intend to hunt. But a PI in the water is really fun. And it gets deep which can be an advantage over some other people out there swinging.
February 16, 2011 11:41PM
Tom.... now the big question... which do you prefer the 20 or Xcal? Thanks goodmore. Im just not very up on the PIs. Do any have at least a duel tone or something to keep you from digging everything? Otherwise an Xcal in AM wont get as deep, but at least i have some idea as to what i might drown for lol. I dont know about the trash that might be in the water obviously it might be different one place to the next. I guess i need to do some reading on those PIs, but a tone disc machine seems to have an advantage even thou the PI goes deeper. Sometimes its an advantage to NOT have to dig everything. You cover more ground and disc what you dont want to improve your chances. I can picture you staying in a 10 ft spot on a trashy beach digging junk and never getting to a lane where you might find the good stuff. Am i wrong? Any PI user that changed from a disc machine regret it?

Dew
February 17, 2011 02:40AM
Slightly lean more towards CZ-20.

Yes,,,,, there is a right time.....and a right place for a pulse. . . . . as, you must dig everything.
February 17, 2011 02:01PM
I noticed you didnt say CZ21 Tom.... is there something about the upgrade that turned you off? Can you still pick those 20s up and can they be treaked? What can some one tell me about the Infinium LS?

Dew
February 17, 2011 03:36PM
There are depth-inconsistency issues.......from CZ-21 to CZ-21........as painful as this is to admit.