Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FTP is not sleeping or even waiting around their DOING

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
FTP is not sleeping or even waiting around their DOING
January 30, 2017 09:46PM
I was lucky enough to pick up a 12/16 T2 Classic a couple weeks ago for some evaluation for a completely different thing on my own curiosity.

I have mentioned this in another thread But thought I should impart my FURTHER findings in the last couple of weeks..

So here's where we are at...

I cant speak for all date codes since I don't know but this one is a month old...Its actually the One Detecting M.O. has in his videos..I didn't notice it til the other night I was on You tube and he turned the machine on and the serial number caught my attention...I looked it up and said what the heck that's mine..LOL....Don't know why you sold it but glad you did!!! LOL..

Now I picked up an early release T2 classic about a year and a half ago..and was sort of so so on it..but not blown away..still seemed sort of DST laggy..quiet but slightly laggy....Fast froward to couple weeks ago I picked up a Used T2 classic 12/16 with extra small coil..and also grabbed a 5x10 NEL..

Now when I detect I choose areas that are really obliterated on certain occasion just for the simple fact if the site has tones of nails I can get a feel of unmasking..And some times I'm running4 or 5 machines and cross checking with flag markers.. Not that I want to but sometimes I need to for certain things..YES its like a job on occasion and gets to be monotonous..at times tying up 10 hours a day or more.over multiple days..

And while I was trying this Classic specimen out...I noticed immediately its different..I don't mean its not a T2..its a pure T2.. actually very close to original except one thing its quiet...exceptionally quiet.Yet still zippy and powerful not laggy either..and ..It UNMASK like a F19...a F19 having user defined tone break and t2 not..Yes that's what I mean..

It also handles iron beautifully By this I mean it does not false big iron a lot and nails are a non issue even foot deep ones..they just burp..

I set unit up on my sites like this 99 sens...2f...zero disc....and though trial and error have determined the 5x10 NEL is the go to coil for this unit in iron..even over the 5 inch..and Why???it is deeper and tighter AND and the is a big AND..the NEW way the T2 is processing if I get a blip of high tone I can circle the target even with longer coil Vs 5 round and find a SPOT in the swing..it may be only one say 45 degree angle spread in the 360 rotation but if you get a blip circle it out and you will find its either just a high blip which is rare or its a KEEPER...and it will be a deeper in the iron keeper like past 6 inches...My sites are picked clean of surface hits..you know .22 hulls and lead and such that the HF rigs get...So what I see is this Combo push past the 5 round and gets in between targets few machines can approach..

Now from my deductions...they have sped the unit back up to old school speed even with DST ..and what I ascertain is the hits were always there but lost in the barrage of noise...Now i can creep though a site full of nail's and pick out a slight PIP of a hit and work it..

So while I'm thinking Bleedy and Blendy FTP is thinking Quiet and Deadly...If that makes sense..Its like using a laser pointer in the nails.quiet possible the best 6 -9 inch nail infestation site machine I have ran in tones mode..

Instead of looking for intelligence in the sea of audio noise now I'm cruising quiet and checking slight chirps that will lock on at some angle..the chirps that don't lock have turned out to be nails so far..or weird iron as usual on most any unit..although there will be a few keepers that mimic nail false..not alot though..

Now that the noise is gone and the machine is sped back up like a original T2..the slight little nuances really stand out..and this NEL coil really completes the package in terms of Niche coil machine combo...its also a quite deep coil for size approaching stock depth..

The human brain and or ear can only do so much till we reach saturation point...this new quietness has took some saturation away..and I'm confident the things I find are things I probably would never have pulled from a sea of noise..

Again Dave is Keeping it simple and offering performance..not one bit complicated...if he would go one step further and have it come on in zero disc 2F tone we would be basically turn on and hunt..

FTP is not asleep and there moving on it so seems...they are working inside of Digital Signal Processing it seems..

Here is a target that really woke me up..small piece of broken gold platted jewelry in a 1850s house site..intermingled in iron and a good 4 inches deep..you can see iron stain on back...nothing told me to dig this target..T2 begged me to dig it...

it has been finding me some high coins and mid conductors even a silver button others were leaving..BUT the little Jewelry piece was what was really intriguing..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2017 09:46PM by Keith Southern.
Re: FTP is not sleeping or even waiting around their DOING
January 30, 2017 10:23PM
Exciting report Keith.....Your enthusiasm comes through loud and clear.

Investigating the iron/nail falses costs time and energy.....If this unit is quiet in that regard, big plus.

Question - Do you prefer blendy-bleedy or silent laser focus with speed ?
January 30, 2017 10:51PM
The MX Sport was beating it in iron and the falsing on nails made my wife crazy so I traded to play with a Mikron but it was defective and you or someone bought it before I could get it back. smiling smiley I prefer the audio of the Red Racer but the balance of T2 is king. Yes, they sure are quiet and smooth. Especially all metal!
January 30, 2017 10:55PM
Keith

What you describe is exactly what I saw on The Aug or Sept 16 model I got from Monte.

PS: picked up a closet queen ID Edge and got one of the good 6" coils from Texhunter. Thanks Otto!

edit for spelin

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2017 10:56PM by Jackpine.
January 30, 2017 11:35PM
Has the factory stated that they have tweaked these units lately or is it just speculation?
It would be nice if there was a version you could see on startup like the Omegas.
Looks like good timing since I just ordered a new T2 this morning.
Hope its a good one.

Bryan
January 31, 2017 12:08AM
Cabin Fever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has the factory stated that they have tweaked thes
> e units lately or is it just speculation?
> It would be nice if there was a version you could
> see on startup like the Omegas.
> Looks like good timing since I just ordered a new
> T2 this morning.
> Hope its a good one.
>
> Bryan

They are version 9.0 on start up I believe. No toggle for 9.1 like T2SE but still shows. They are improved over the orginal. However I'm not sure anything changed since the re-release. Keith yours was tuned to the 11" dd at the factory. It originally was a 11/15 but had guts replaced due to faulty knob. Test same before and after far as I could tell depth and emi wise.

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 12:16AM by detectingMO.
January 31, 2017 12:34AM
keith my newest f75 gold version is just how you describe this t2. im using nel tornado and sharpshooter.
January 31, 2017 12:46AM
I wonder,,,
From an overall performance standpoint,,,,are for example F75 units upgraded with DST,,,,,are these the same (electronically) as units that are being hatched with DST??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 12:49AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 31, 2017 12:49AM
I haven't seen nothing Bryan...

But I'm sure they wouldn't admit it if they did..

It can be things lIke I describe..things you may not even notice unless you are really working/Bearing down in some heavy 1850s house sites full of Nails....little nuanced things to alert you to SOMETHING'S different..

I had an earlier Classic that didn't FEEL all that reactive...BUT that could've just been that unit..that's why I always say don't base your findings on one unit..it can take a few to see what's PROPER..I had a couple of Early initial release T2's and they were in my opinion a tad hotter on in soil depth maybe 1/2 inch on say dime depth...but also was way Noisier..this one seems to be as Reactive in terms of speed as Original but quiet as a mouse...Combine those two things you cna here the whispers of deepies and even partially masked reports..

Origina Proper T2 noisy but could get some slightly better yet noisier depth on isolated targets...

New Classic T2 Quiet Nice depth....and better unmasker in my opinion...YOU can add a slightly larger coil like a nel hunter 8x12 or something to make up the SLIGHT depth difference...

As of Now of the two Ill take the quiet coupled with the hyper reactive feel..

Ozzie..

Hmmmm

How about bleedy blendy and laser combinedwinking smiley

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 31, 2017 12:57AM
Quote Keith; How about bleedy blendy and laser combined winking smiley.

Do we dare wish? Sure what the heck.
January 31, 2017 01:17AM
My hunch is that manufacturing costs may have been reduced by re-designing the electronics guts to use modern cheaper parts. Possibilities include changing the analogue-to-digital converter, and the microcontroller (microprocessor). And another likely cost-saver for the F75 would be a LCD with a more conventional backlight ( a side-lit diffuser sandwiched between the silvered layers, rather than the fibre-optic bundle arrangement). It's also possible the system noise is lower, eg. lower-noise amplifiers, quieter microcontroller, neater PCB layout, little engineering tweaks that happen over time. Combine this with the "always DST" software, and you've got a less fidgety machine.
I don't suppose you have the opportunity to take a look inside, do you, Keith? Warranties etc likely prevent this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 01:08AM by Pimento.
January 31, 2017 01:39AM
My buddy dropped by the house last week to pick up a coil I had for sale. He brought along a new Racer 2 and T2 that he had just got. I was interested in seeing the R2 and he brought out the T2 after we looked the R2 over and played with it some. This is his first DST model. He has an F75 that is not updated; he liked it better than the F75 I got when they first started offering the update a couple years ago....AKA the neutered all metal, mamma bug, etc. I was surprised to say the least, that he bought the T2 but that's what he wanted to show me. His was exactly how you are describing the newer ones to be. It had a whole lot more umph to it than what the original DST model machines had. Was quiet as a mouse running wide open and didn't seem to be lacking in any depth. We both were rather surprised and he was excited about it. He said he had been testing it against his non upgraded F75 and said it was better than it on air testing and in ground targets. I'm waiting to see what new machines are coming down the pipeline but based on what I saw, it's really hard not to jump on one of those T2 Classics for the price.
January 31, 2017 01:52AM
Daniel...are these T2 Classics the ones going for $499 ?
January 31, 2017 02:01AM
Rover61 - Yes. He said he got his for a better price than $499. I've not personally inquired at any dealers as to the prices but I have heard from several people that those are list prices and that they can be bought for less.
January 31, 2017 02:10AM
Daniel...thanks for the info. Seems like a good price for one of those units.
January 31, 2017 02:32AM
We are being teased a bit about a new FT flagship detector about to be released. Why would I want to buy the " older souped up" units?
I will wait and look forward to the new model. ( I only buy one or two detectors a year.)
January 31, 2017 02:42AM
I think I'll pass.

This point here,,,of having to try about 2 or 3 to get a hot one or proper one.

Something I've noticed here on this forum.

Never heard discussed or mentioned a hot Minelab FBS/FBS2 unit, Racer 1 or 2 or a hot Deus,,,,or cold ones,,wonder why???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2017 02:48AM by tnsharpshooter.
January 31, 2017 03:28AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> Rover61 - Yes. He said he got his for a better p
> rice than $499. I've not personally inquired at a
> ny dealers as to the prices but I have heard from
> several people that those are list prices and that
> they can be bought for less.

+1 on that!
January 31, 2017 04:01AM
All types of things going on deep in the Audio we've never heard till now...Silence is golden..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 31, 2017 04:48AM

Keith Southern Wrote:
I was lucky enough to pick up a 12/16 T2 Classic a couple weeks ago for some evaluation for a completely different thing on my own curiosity.

You're welcome Keith! Glad you like it. I picked it up from the guy Detecting-MO traded it to smiling smiley

I listed it for sale here but no one jumped on it so I'm glad we could make the trade we did as this machine is hot too thumbs down
January 31, 2017 08:12AM
I stopped using their products. One is hot, another is not when testing !
January 31, 2017 10:29PM
Sounds God Wayne!!

Man that machine moved a lot in a month....LOL

Just for kicks we ought to create a database on forum and track detectors....sort of like Wheres George on dollar bills...[www.wheresgeorge.com]

We could have Wheres Machine ...LOL

I've often Wondered if I didn't have same machine twice without meaning to..LOL.

Good Deal!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 31, 2017 10:32PM
Thanks for the additional info Craig!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 31, 2017 10:37PM
Thanks for report Tom!!

Man a closet queen Edge.with small coil...Is small coil a Sunray or fisher??

always wanted to try a Sunray on edge but time ran out ...

Dimitar was a excellent designer...wonder where he is?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
January 31, 2017 11:06PM
Keith Southern Wrote:

> I've often Wondered if I didn't have same machine
> twice without meaning to..LOL.
>

Oh man..with all the units you try out and test, .that's an even money bet !! HA !

It is much appreciated though and I thank you.
January 31, 2017 11:54PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> Thanks for report Tom!!
>
> Man a closet queen Edge.with small coil...Is small
> coil a Sunray or fisher??
>
> always wanted to try a Sunray on edge but time ra
> n out ...
>
> Dimitar was a excellent designer...wonder where he
> is?
>
> Keith

It's a Fisher coil Keith.

Last I heard Dimitar was working for a company that makes locators for industrial use but that was a few years ago.

Now that I think about it, The T2 I had was an Aug 2015 model not a 2016.
Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 12:02AM by Jackpine.
February 01, 2017 12:53AM
Ian..

My warranty is void since it's used..I may crack it open and offer a peak...

I know you can spot things ..let me see what I can do ..

Cant promise...But ill see

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 01, 2017 12:58AM
Daniel Interesting for sure!

Yes something about the Classic T2 as of NOW feels old school T2 but extremely quiet..

Ability to here fainter and ability to hear cleaner..

Like this is what it should of been a decade ago but just now arrived..

Sort of like its what they wanted to build but at that time there was a trade off noise for performance.

Now we have Performance but no noise.I like the newer trade off..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 01, 2017 01:03AM
Besides the Nel 10x5 sharpshooter for the T2 what about the Teknetics 10x5 coil?
There will be a chance I will try a little nugget hunting with my T2 and would prefer the solid coil.
Does it perform as good as the Nel?

Also I like to run big coils and will be trying out the All Metal mode turf hunting for some deep goodies.
How about the Nel Tornado or Coiltec Ultimate?

Are there other non T2 Teknitics or Fisher coils that work on the T2?
All T2 coil opinions appreciated.

Bryan
February 01, 2017 01:29AM
Hey Keith u think they have improved the newer G2+ also? That would be sweet! Now ur making me want to try a T2. I need to quit reading these dang forums. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 05:46AM by Kickindirt.