Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

FTP is not sleeping or even waiting around their DOING

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: FTP is not sleeping or even waiting around their DOING
February 01, 2017 07:21PM
I've tried the factory 5x10..only advantage I saw was solid..

But I feel the NEL is tighter and deeper..maybe just add a solid coil cover to the NEL??

Theres tons of Coils from NEL and Detech and CORS etc to fit the T2..I mean the full gamut !!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 01, 2017 07:26PM
Right now I would opt for a T2 Classic over a G2+ or F19...

Its as quite, but more powerful and has some SEE THROUGH .>>

Put the NEL 6x10 on it for Site work..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 01, 2017 07:26PM
Quite Welcome..

Thank You

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 01, 2017 08:59PM
SO NEW MACHINES COMING?
February 01, 2017 11:07PM
Keith I have noticed with my T2 on my 10" dime and 10" nickel if I am sweeping at a slow to medium sweep speed I get no response but if I speed up my swing it hits on both giving good ID's and correct tone response. This is with the 11"DD stock coil on it in 3 bar dirt.
February 02, 2017 12:31AM
Very exact dead on observation Morgan!!

Contrary to popular belief the T2 LIkes a brisk sweep speed for depth ..

Back on initial release I tried as much as I could to state this, yet was met with some naysayers...

But I know it gets down deep on a brisk sweep..

I stumbled onto it by accident one day on a construction site ...machine hadn't been out long maybe a month..??Not sure..long time ago...11 years now..

There was a site Giving up 1000 dollar Reb school buttons...G.M.I. ( Georgia Military Institute)..some of the guys on the site had paid a loader operator the evening before to remove some top soil...maybe 8 inches or so...I didn't hunt it since I didn't pay...But the next day I was over there and a million dig holes it so seems littered the area..It was fair game that day and me and a buddy hunted it...To no real avail..I got about 60 yards down and noticed My toolbox on my truck was open and had a machine in so I said I need to go back and close that..so I took off at a good clip and right in the midst of all the dig holes in a clean spot I got a smooth modulated deep whisper...I backed up and played with it slower as I had stopped walking and it was a grunt..then sweeped faster an presto there it was a clean high tone...well after digging down close to about 9 inches or so out pops a button..and I'm thinking eagle button or something..well to my surprise I had me a life long quest item...a GMI Cadet Coat button 1851 date..

after that I hit camps everywhere with the T2 and a brisk sweep.winking smiley

Glad I did..

Glad you brought it up..

Very much dead on..And very observant!!!!!!!!!!

and thanks for bringing up the NEL sharpshooter Morgan !!.again DEAD ON.thumbs down

You are a very astute hunter!!

Here's my prize for Brisk swinging!!Cant beleive it was 11 years ago.....man time keeps on flying...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 12:34AM by Keith Southern.
February 02, 2017 01:50AM
Keith I was curious if you had the same experience in our soil you have to be pretty invasive and think outside the box and willing to try different things to get the maximum performance out of a machine. I am glad you like the Sharpshooter it's a eye opening coil in thick iron. Very nice button that's one to be very proud of. And it's one still on my bucket list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 01:59AM by 88junior.
February 02, 2017 02:07AM
I like the Sharpshooter coil too, have a couple on various machines. Lots of good coils in this 5x10'ish range (Racer, Fisher, ML, Tek, etc).
February 02, 2017 03:07AM
How long have the T2 Classics been in production? Are the more recent manufactured ones better than the older T2 Classics?

tabman
February 02, 2017 03:32AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Right now I would opt for a T2 Classic over a G2+
> or F19...
>
> Its as quite, but more powerful and has some SEE T
> HROUGH .>>
>
> Put the NEL 6x10 on it for Site work..
>
> Keith

Well now Keith-----You've made the statement at least a couple of times that the F-19 is your favorite FT detector.-----You've changed your mind on that again now have ya??grinning smiley
February 02, 2017 04:10AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Keith Southern Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Right now I would opt for a T2 Classic over a G2
> +
> > or F19...
> >
> > Its as quite, but more powerful and has some SEE
> T
> > HROUGH .>>
> >
> > Put the NEL 6x10 on it for Site work..
> >
> > Keith
>
>
> Well now Keith-----You've made the statement at le
> ast a couple of times that the F-19 is your favori
> te FT detector.-----You've changed your mind on th
> at again now have ya??grinning smiley

If both were sitting in a showroom right now Id' buy the classic..especially for the money..

its like a F19 or G2 but stronger....really quiet...Should of seen the nIckel I dug the other night the F19 wasn't hitting in nails...DEEEEEP!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 04:11AM by Keith Southern.
February 02, 2017 04:13AM
tabman Wrote:
> How long have the T2 Classics been in production?
> Are the more recent manufactured ones better than
> the older T2 Classics?
>
> tabman

I think maybe about year and a half??

Jackpine (TOM) said his was a mid Year 15 and was a good runner and as I describe...

Beyonder ???New machine??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 05:00AM by Keith Southern.
February 02, 2017 04:15AM
Thanks Morgan!!

Yes never know till you Try..

Keep on trying!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
February 02, 2017 04:16AM
Cal_cobra Wrote:
> I like the Sharpshooter coil too, have a couple on
> various machines. Lots of good coils in this 5x10
> 'ish range (Racer, Fisher, ML, Tek, etc).

Yes 5x10 has really came into its own...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 24, 2017 04:52AM
I got a version 9.0 Sept 2015. Thing is super quiet. When I turn it on in my garage with a ton of wifi stuff nearby I have to double check to make sure it's on. This thing locks on and correctly ID'S a half dime at like 8-9 inches with the sniper cool unreal. I'm in love with this machine. Haven't even got to take it out in the dirt yet.
March 24, 2017 07:25PM
Sounds good Kickindirt!

Also with the quietness of the T2-C. and the Hyper feel still happening its a deadly combo...

Not even sure the T2-C. is using DST it does not show the inherent traits of it in terms of micro Delay...FTP may have added a new quieting Twist??

Nowhere does it say DST in the brochure like the standard model F75 does??

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 07:26PM by Keith Southern.
March 24, 2017 08:14PM
I looked everywhere in the manual and didn't see anything on the dst. Whatever they did seems to be working great. Right on Keith thanks for the heads up on this machine. Gonna order a snake coil for it too.
March 24, 2017 09:00PM
Your gonna like the T2 with the Sharpshooter coil. Back when I did comparisons with the R2 I made up my mind that if I had a one time chance to hunt a field that showed potential I knew which machine I would use.

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 24, 2017 11:04PM
Anyone from FTP care to enlighten us regarding this?

[www.earthscan.co.nz]