Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Re-ground balance after adjusting sensitivity/discrimination settings

Posted by TerraDigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re-ground balance after adjusting sensitivity/discrimination settings
February 18, 2011 01:10AM
Is it really necessary to do this?
Over the years I have read many postings recommending this be done. Especially prevalent in regards to White's machines.
I have the T2.
Calling all Guru's....................

I know its a good idea to re-balance every 15-20 mins when hunting.......but does the title's question have any validity?
Re: Re-ground balance after adjusting sensitivity/discrimination settings
February 18, 2011 01:27AM
I know with the Fisher units.......if the unit finds the dirt to be phase-shifted (Grnd Bal'd) to.....say '67'........then.........the dirt is '67'.......regardless of where Sens or Disc is set. BUT.....you may still want to verify this a few times......so you build confidence with YOUR specific unit.....regardless of brand.
Thanks........
February 18, 2011 01:57AM
February 18, 2011 02:03AM
I run an XLT(Whites) and I reground balance every 20 minutes, sometime more, it easy and it resets it to the ground
February 18, 2011 04:45AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 04:55AM by TerraDigger.
February 18, 2011 02:10PM
Ive used the whites machines and most want it done more for EMI. Same with the ML since it might change the channel and freq. I air balance occasionally if the ground starts changing or i notice more EMI.... otherwise im hoping the machine is doing a good part of it.

Dew
February 18, 2011 04:18PM
I never find the need to reground balance after changing any (software) setting on my LTD.
February 19, 2011 10:44AM
That's another great feature on the ML machines......No need to continue to G.B. ........ It's all done automatically !!...... Jim