Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOKTA IMPACT INTRODUCTION/UNVEILING (VIDEO) UPDATED WITH FIELD HUNT/PICS!

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NOKTA IMPACT INTRODUCTION/UNVEILING (VIDEO) UPDATED WITH FIELD HUNT/PICS!
February 16, 2017 09:17PM
Hey guys,

I was fortunate enough to be in on the testing of the Impact during the final stages of software development. Not from Day one like Tom and someone else here during the initial/early development stages but for the last month or so to give field evaluation/reports on as they did some updating and the final tweaking for upcoming release.

Anyway - here's a link to my intro video of it to talk about design/build quality, etc. I'll have more on it over the next day or 2 via post with pictures of infield hunts to show some of what was found and discuss some of the settings, conditions, etc in which I found everything and in how the machine operates/operated, as well as, modes used, etc. I'll also get a live infield video up soon showing how to set it up for coin/relic hunting, and various settings used for each.

Thanks for reading/watching

Video = here >> [youtu.be]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(UPDATE 2/17/17)

He'res one of the hunts I did back in late January in a sea of iron type site (1860s house site/house long gone) but is farm field now.

I was using the Impact with the stock coil and testing/running Di4 and Di99 this day with sens at 85, 0 disc. tone break 20, iron vol 3. This soil runs 1 bar on the mineral graph.

I was on the fringes of the nails/iron when I got a good high tone round sounding type signal and almost gave up diggin the crusty Injun as it was so deep I thought no way it could be a coin even though it had the classic signature/sound of a coin but I started to think it may be a large deep piece of brass or the like until the last shovel full and out it popped to my befuddlement - notice the 9' long Garrett pin-pointer 3 to 4" down in the hole the Injun came out of - the coin was at the very bottom. This field has stuff anywhere from surface finds to around 2ft deep and all in between as the farmer plows/tills in spring and fall so some of this stuff was deep and some just avg. 6 to 8"

Pics show the best for the day and as dug in secession from

#1 crusty/dateless Injun
#2 1868 .02 center
#3 1800s suspender clip
#4 1832 German Silver coin
junk not shown but I dug some of that too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2017 01:13AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: NOKTA IMPACT INTRODUCTION/UNVEILING (VIDEO)
February 16, 2017 10:08PM
Nice video MRH. look forward to some in field tests. Would like to get down your way to see it in action. grinning smiley

Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
February 17, 2017 12:36AM
Funny that they also gave one for testing to the guy you thought ask too many stupid questions. Seems
Nokta thinks you two have much in common LOL!
February 17, 2017 12:48AM
Looking forward to your field searches wayne.
HH
Corey
February 17, 2017 12:53AM
Thanks MRH. I also am looking forward to in-field vids.
February 17, 2017 01:45AM
Can you do the following air test ? : Take a rusty nail, with a coin BEHIND it, and wave it. Then try 2 nails and repeat. You know how a 77b will pass this test, right ? How does the Impact do ?

Notice that this is NOT the same as a lot of board tests I see where the coins are NEXT to the nails . Such that that's a test of target separation. Instead, can you do this "averaging/masking" test ?

thanx !
February 17, 2017 02:23AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you do the following air test ? : Take a rust
> y nail, with a coin BEHIND it, and wave it. The
> n try 2 nails and repeat. You know how a 77b wil
> l pass this test, right ? How does the Impact do
> ?
>
> Notice that this is NOT the same as a lot of board
> tests I see where the coins are NEXT to the nails
> . Such that that's a test of target separation.
> Instead, can you do this "averaging/masking" test
> ?
>
> thanx !

Tom

I did the test with an 1880's Injun in Di4 and Gen (D) modes, 70 sens, 0 disc, tone break at 15 and freq. 20

it passes the test in these modes with these settings. You can definitely hear the coin mixed in even though the tone is down avg. to more of a mid tone due to the iron as is the vdi # but there's no mistaken that if you were to come across this scenario in the field - that you'd definitely dig the target!

I'm sure there's a few more modes/settings that will allow for it to pass the test but I'm not sure if all modes and/or all settings will allow for it. Too many to go through/test and not enough time at the moment but I hope this helps/was what you were hoping to hear thumbs down
February 17, 2017 03:48AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:

> Tom
>
> I did the test with an 1880's Injun in Di4 and Gen
> (D) modes, 70 sens, 0 disc, tone break at 15 and f
> req. 20
>
> it passes the test in these modes with these setti
> ngs. You can definitely hear the coin mixed in eve
> n though the tone is down avg. to more of a mid to
> ne due to the iron as is the vdi # but there's no
> mistaken that if you were to come across this scen
> ario in the field - that you'd definitely dig the
> target!
>
> I'm sure there's a few more modes/settings that wi
> ll allow for it to pass the test but I'm not sure
> if all modes and/or all settings will allow for it
> . Too many to go through/test and not enough time
> at the moment but I hope this helps/was what you w
> ere hoping to hear thumbs down

Michigan RH'r, splendid. Thanx for the feedback.

And just to confirm: If you wave the nail or two nails ALONE (no coin behind them), then the sound is distinctly different, right ? Ie.: definitely able to discern they're nails to pass. Versus the sound of a coin behind the nails.

And curious: When you did this air test, was the coin TOUCHING the nail(s) ? Or did you have a finger's space (to mimic space between the objects) ? Because I have a suspicion that targets that are touching and targets that are apart, might act differently. When it comes to the see-through characteristics.
February 17, 2017 05:32AM
Thanks for the video, MRH!

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
February 17, 2017 06:09AM
Man that stand they made for it is amazing. Ive been waiting for someone to make one like that for detectors forever. So how does changing different frequencies work? Similar to the xp where u can normalize them all. How bout the different modes? Does switching modes change the frequencies? Or can ya change modes and pick any frequency u want? Does switching modes in the same frequency make any difference in vdi numbers?
February 17, 2017 07:26AM
tnx
I do not hesitate to say that the most important question - is it possible to replace a single keystroke frequency?
Need GB when you change the frequency?
February 17, 2017 09:50AM
I think its great how far both Nokta/Makro have come since the release of the red Racer, which was labelled by some as a "toy"

they must feel like chumps now eye rolling smiley

I cant wait to get my hands on an Impact & thanks for the first real look MRH - its appreciated smileys with beer

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
February 17, 2017 12:16PM
Tom, yes = there is a distinct tonal difference when testing the nails alone VS when the coins are added

and yes again = I did the test with the coin touching the nails and with about an inch space between them too

when the coin is touching the nails it detects/picks up on the coin easier/better and as you increase space between them it is harder to discern but at an inch I was still able to determine that I'd dig that target.

----------------------------------------------------------

Kickendirt

all modes start out in 14 kHz but you can change them in all modes to whichever one you want (5, 14, 20)

and yes = with the latest update now no matter which mode/freq you run it in = the ID/#'s have been "normalized" so that you don't have to memorize 3 different sets of numbers depending on freq used

----------------------------------------------------------

vfp7

if I understand your question correctly = it takes 2 keystrokes to switch the freq = 1 to select the menu and 1 to select the freq change
February 17, 2017 12:50PM
Is there a "hot key" to change the frequency?
What would be possible to quickly change over the target frequency and double-check it on a different frequency.
For example, oxidized iron by changing the frequency will show very different VDI
And another question - what class of water protection at Impact?
February 17, 2017 01:00PM
This is interesting
[md-hunter.com]
February 17, 2017 03:59PM
Michigan RH'r, great write-ups and info from you guys who are reporting!

Further Q: What other coil sizes, besides the smaller elliptical coil I see, is available ? Are larger (10" or 11" rounds or ellipticals) available ?
February 17, 2017 04:07PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Michigan RH'r, great write-ups and info from you g
> uys who are reporting!
>
> Further Q: What other coil sizes, besides the sm
> aller elliptical coil I see, is available ? Are
> larger (10" or 11" rounds or ellipticals) availabl
> e ?

Optional Search Coils:
Waterproof IM40 - DD Search Coil
40 cm x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'')
Waterproof IM24 - DD Search Coil
24cm x 13cm (9.5'' x 5")
February 17, 2017 04:51PM
Sweet thx MichiganRelic Hunter, looking forward to some vids
February 17, 2017 11:32PM
Michigan rh'r, I am assuming that the 9.5" x 5" coil is the one shown in your video. That means the only other coil option is extremely large. If, as you say... it's only those 2 coil options. Bummer. You'd think they would make something medium-sized.

But as for the depth on the 9.5 x 5 coil, what would you say the Depth is on a dime? Ie.: using normal settings. Not super hot unstable settings.
February 18, 2017 12:00AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Michigan rh'r, I am assuming that the 9.5" x 5" co
> il is the one shown in your video. That means the
> only other coil option is extremely large. If, a
> s you say... it's only those 2 coil options. Bum
> mer. You'd think they would make something mediu
> m-sized.
>
> But as for the depth on the 9.5 x 5 coil, what wou
> ld you say the Depth is on a dime? Ie.: using no
> rmal settings. Not super hot unstable settings.

Tom

the 2 coils I show in the video are the tiny 4x7" and the stock 7x11"

then you can also get these

Optional Search Coils:
Waterproof IM40 - DD Search Coil
40 cm x 35 cm (15.5'' x 14'')
Waterproof IM24 - DD Search Coil
24cm x 13cm (9.5'' x 5")

I don't have either of the optional coils so I can't say what depth you'd get on a dime with the 5x9.5"
February 18, 2017 12:27AM
Thanks. I went back to the video and see the stock 2 sizes.

So on the 7 x 11 that you do have, what is the depth on a dime with that?
Re: NOKTA IMPACT INTRODUCTION/UNVEILING (VIDEO) UPDATED WITH FIELD HUNT/PICS!
February 18, 2017 02:20AM
Nice video Wayne..

Nice finds!!

NICE DIRT!!!

Good pertinent Info!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 18, 2017 02:36AM
Hey Wayne does this thing have the overload issue at low outside temps? And what is the actual battery life on this machine?
February 18, 2017 03:09AM
88junior Wrote:
> Hey Wayne does this thing have the overload issue
> at low outside temps? And what is the actual batte
> ry life on this machine?

No sir Morgan

I've used it out there in 35 degree weather and no overload issue

batteries if you hunt all day (7/8 hrs) will be down to about 35/40%

I can get about 3 - four hr hunts out of a set before I change them
February 18, 2017 06:21AM
Thanks for the info Wayne I appreciate it.
February 18, 2017 02:00PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Thanks. I went back to the video and see the sto
> ck 2 sizes.
>
> So on the 7 x 11 that you do have, what is the dep
> th on a dime with that?

Tom.

I don't know what Alper did to make the Di4 mode so hot but even at just 70 sens (factory default) with 0 disc, with the small 4.5x7" coil installed it test a dime at a solid repeatable signal at a good 10"

up the gain/sens to 85 and you're in the 12" range.

Use the stock coil and it will hit it at 12" with the factory sens settings 70, 0 disc. - up the gain and add a good 1.5 inches to that.

Conditions and the type of ground/dirt one is hunting will cause variances in detection depth

as you can see above in my field test/hunt showing the indian head I found in my 1 bar dirt at that site and very wet ground = I hit that coin at a good 12" in the ground with a solid repeatable dig me signal.
February 18, 2017 03:35PM
DAM i want one bad!! after selling my relic to pay for a dog vet bill, I cant stand it not having a NOKTA . HURRY UP I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got to get back in my camps, I found a lot of stuff with my relic i know i will with this one. saving my penny's for the IMPACT now !!!

Good video