Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The Re-branded are coming The Re-branded are coming

Posted by Alpha Goat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The Re-branded are coming The Re-branded are coming
February 28, 2017 11:27PM
What a let down! Paul Revere just rolled over in his grave!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2017 11:29PM by Alpha Goat.
Re: The Re-branded are coming The Re-branded are coming
March 01, 2017 02:36AM
I guess you mean AmeriTek.

As far as I can tell, they are making no secret of the fact that these three detectors are the Eurotek Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro and Fisher F70 .

They have chosen 3 detectors out of their three brands which they feel represent already represent the best "bang for the buck" - and are marketing them as a seperate brand. Re-branding - yes, but also re-pricing and apparently marketing in a new way.

We haven't seen any details yet of exactly how this marketing will work, but I believe it represents a fresh approach to the broad market of value-conscious enthusiasts. We will see what they are really up to soon enough.

As far as a let-down, I guess you mean that we had hoped for truly new models. True enough, but without some real breakthrough in detector technology, new single frequency detectors are pretty much just variations on the same theme anyway. First Texas has made it clear that they are developing truly new platforms based on actually NEW technology. They said that these were tatgeted for release 2016 and they missed that target - that was disappointing.

By the way, as far a Paul Revere's grave disturbances - I doubt it. It is pretty well documented that he never shouted "The British are coming". Here's a link

[historymyths.wordpress.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
March 01, 2017 05:54AM
OUCH!
March 02, 2017 05:55PM
Fisher who???

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 02, 2017 08:21PM
fantastic story regarding Fisher and why they have NOT released anything new, however, it appears to me that most other manufacturers are indeed improving on their current technology - what a shame Fisher are not doing the same......................

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
March 03, 2017 04:26AM
The above post singled out Fisher as not "improving on their current technology" -

It's funny. This forum and others are full of posts about how Fisher and Teknetics detectors seem to keep evolving without necessarily saying much about it. When I worked in the Aerospace industry, it was called "continuous product improvement". Keith Southern has commented several times how recent production detectors from First Texas clearly improve upon earlier examples of the same machine. Here are a couple of examples - the first one about the F75 85th anniversary edition.

"Wow what a unit..
The old school F75 guys are going to be in LOVE!!
I know Im impressed!!
[www.youtube.com]
Keith" - 4 August 2016

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

The next about a current production T2 Classic....

"I was lucky enough to pick up a 12/16 T2 Classic a couple weeks ago for some evaluation for a completely different thing on my own curiosity.
I have mentioned this in another thread But thought I should impart my FURTHER findings in the last couple of weeks..

So here's where we are at...

Now I picked up an early release T2 classic about a year and a half ago..and was sort of so so on it..but not blown away..still seemed sort of DST laggy..quiet but slightly laggy....Fast froward to couple weeks ago I picked up a Used T2 classic 12/16 with extra small coil..and also grabbed a 5x10 NEL..

Now when I detect I choose areas that are really obliterated on certain occasion just for the simple fact if the site has tones of nails I can get a feel of unmasking..And some times I'm running4 or 5 machines and cross checking with flag markers.. Not that I want to but sometimes I need to for certain things..YES its like a job on occasion and gets to be monotonous..at times tying up 10 hours a day or more.over multiple days..

And while I was trying this Classic specimen out...I noticed immediately its different..I don't mean its not a T2..its a pure T2.. actually very close to original except one thing its quiet...exceptionally quiet.Yet still zippy and powerful not laggy either..and ..It UNMASK like a F19...a F19 having user defined tone break and t2 not..Yes that's what I mean..

It also handles iron beautifully By this I mean it does not false big iron a lot and nails are a non issue even foot deep ones..they just burp..

I set unit up on my sites like this 99 sens...2f...zero disc....and though trial and error have determined the 5x10 NEL is the go to coil for this unit in iron..even over the 5 inch..and Why???it is deeper and tighter AND and the is a big AND..the NEW way the T2 is processing if I get a blip of high tone I can circle the target even with longer coil Vs 5 round and find a SPOT in the swing..it may be only one say 45 degree angle spread in the 360 rotation but if you get a blip circle it out and you will find its either just a high blip which is rare or its a KEEPER...and it will be a deeper in the iron keeper like past 6 inches...My sites are picked clean of surface hits..you know .22 hulls and lead and such that the HF rigs get...So what I see is this Combo push past the 5 round and gets in between targets few machines can approach..

Now from my deductions...they have sped the unit back up to old school speed even with DST ..and what I ascertain is the hits were always there but lost in the barrage of noise...Now i can creep though a site full of nail's and pick out a slight PIP of a hit and work it..

So while I'm thinking Bleedy and Blendy FTP is thinking Quiet and Deadly...If that makes sense..Its like using a laser pointer in the nails.quiet possible the best 6 -9 inch nail infestation site machine I have ran in tones mode..

Instead of looking for intelligence in the sea of audio noise now I'm cruising quiet and checking slight chirps that will lock on at some angle..the chirps that don't lock have turned out to be nails so far..or weird iron as usual on most any unit..although there will be a few keepers that mimic nail false..not alot though..

Now that the noise is gone and the machine is sped back up like a original T2..the slight little nuances really stand out..and this NEL coil really completes the package in terms of Niche coil machine combo...its also a quite deep coil for size approaching stock depth..

The human brain and or ear can only do so much till we reach saturation point...this new quietness has took some saturation away..and I'm confident the things I find are things I probably would never have pulled from a sea of noise..

Again Dave is Keeping it simple and offering performance..not one bit complicated...if he would go one step further and have it come on in zero disc 2F tone we would be basically turn on and hunt..

FTP is not asleep and there moving on it so seems...they are working inside of Digital Signal Processing it seems..

"Yes something about the Classic T2 as of NOW feels old school T2 but extremely quiet..
Ability to here fainter and ability to hear cleaner..
Like this is what it should of been a decade ago but just now arrived..
Sort of like its what they wanted to build but at that time there was a trade off noise for performance.
Now we have Performance but no noise.I like the newer trade off..

Keith". - 31 January 2017

So it looks like at least Keith Southern disagrees with you about First Texas detectors not "improving on their current technology.

Here's a post from a few years ago from a guy that I know you have heard of - Dave Johnson, Chief Designer at FT.

We’re not a company who stands still. Over the last several years we have introduced a whole series of new products on several new hardware platforms, and have constantly advanced the science of target signal processing. In the future we plan to introduce new processes which, although they may “feel” like a member of the T2 process family, will operate on different principles and will produce results of a kind which are not attained by any metal detector presently available". -Dave Johnson

Note the last phrase..."...will operate on different principles and will produce results of a kind which are not attained by any metal detector presently available".

Dave isn't kidding there. FT has stated this goal publically more than once. It will happen. The first of these platforms was expected in 2016 - they didn't make it. They are hardly the first detector manufacturer to miss an announced launch date - the latest Deus software upgrade was significantly delayed I believe.

Meanwhile even non-technical innovations are welcome. nokta/Makro took advantage of a strong US $ and a weak Turkish lire to agressively price their new machines - a step which we all welcomed.

Now First Texas is completely overhauling their price structure with massive price drops on the T2 and F75 and now launching a new line which will apparently be distributed and sold on a new basis. Beats me why some folks gripe about having to pay less for quality procucts.

End of rant! Happy hunting everyone.

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2017 04:42AM by lytle78.
March 03, 2017 05:09AM
Life taught me early on that some people would find something to complain about even if they had a goose that laid golden eggs in their yard every day.
March 03, 2017 12:43PM
As good as Fisher and Teknetics have been over the years, and I have three myself, there's just no way they're even in the same world as Makro and Nokta. Nothing ever was or ever will be! That guy Dave Johnson is just a day worker First Texas picked up at the 7-11.
March 03, 2017 02:21PM
Yeh, day worker.

Dave: "Old Fisher: 1260, 1220, 1210, 1225, 1235, 1265, 1266, 1280, Impulse, CZ6, CZ5, CZ20, Gold Bug, Gold Bug II, TW6/Gemini, FX-3, and several industrial products.

Tesoro: Diablo MicroMax, Lobo Supertraq.

White’s: DFX, Beachhunter ID, GMT, MXT

Troy: Shadow X5

Bounty Hunter & related products: nearly everything we manufacture. Many of these products are adapted from the original Teknetics which was designed by George Payne. The Teknetics T2 however was an entirely new design.

New Fisher: F75, F4, and everything else since then.

Rick Kempf
March 03, 2017 02:40PM
All I know is that a couple months back I bought a new F75 and a Teknetics Omegia V4 that I'm not satisfied with. My old CZ3D is better by far than either one.
March 03, 2017 03:10PM
Deus still reigns supreme on lightness alone with Nexus close behind
March 03, 2017 04:50PM
No complaining!(tongue and cheek humor).
March 03, 2017 05:59PM
I think this batch of detectors are cheesy. Good value though. Whats the better detector, T2 classic or Patriot?
March 03, 2017 06:32PM
If you can bag on Fisher and Dave J. and not be embarrassed then I am embarrassed for you. Seriously?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 03, 2017 06:42PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> New Fisher: F75, F4, and everything else since then.

I communicate with Dave Johnson once and a while, and he told me that he is not involved with a lot of the new projects. Had little to do with the Omega 8500 for example.

FT has made some nice advancements, but their just sprinkling them around on various machines. Many of these features on their own are nice, but not per se ground breaking, BUT if you combined all of their newer features into a DST machine like a new T2 or F75 (tone break and iron audio on a F75 or T2 would be sick!) THAT could potentially be a ground breaking machine.

I figure all of the machines out now are just mules to test all these features, tweak and improve, and then release them all into one deep seeking flagship machine.

I'm not sure what Dave's currently working on, but I'm looking forward to seeing if they do come up with a new killer flagship unit.

-Cal
March 03, 2017 09:21PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> If you can bag on Fisher and Dave J. and not be embarrassed then I am embarrassed for you. Seriously?

+1
March 03, 2017 10:03PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> If you can bag on Fisher and Dave J. and not be em
> barrassed then I am embarrassed for you. Seriousl
> y?

True that Pasttom...thumbs down
March 03, 2017 10:34PM
March 03, 2017 11:30PM
Pasttom Wrote:
> If you can bag on Fisher and Dave J. and not be em
> barrassed then I am embarrassed for you. Seriousl
> y?

It's a shame to have to explain that it was a joke. I've got the utmost respect for Dave Johnson and have messaged him many times and he always writes back with great information. It just seems in the past year or so that if it's not a Makro or Nokta, it just doesn't measure up. I had an original Racer and thought it was a good detector but nothing new or earth shattering. Basically not quite an F75 or T2 with a few extra features added that I didn't need. Makro/Nokta are great people to deal with, stand by their machines, and are working hard to be an industry leader. But I've used almost all of their machines except of course the Impact, and to me at least, they have nothing on the top of the line First Texas offerings yet.
March 04, 2017 12:08AM
Hey Shenandoah-----I thought I had a dry sense of humor but you've topped it!smiling smiley-----We can all relax now--nobodys gotta go to war after all!winking smiley
March 04, 2017 12:32AM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> Pasttom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you can bag on Fisher and Dave J. and not be embarrassed then I am embarrassed for you. Seriously?
>
> It's a shame to have to explain that it was a joke. I've got the utmost respect for Dave Johnson and have messaged him many times and he always writes back with great information. It just seems in
the past year or so that if it's not a Makro or Nokta, it just doesn't measure up. I had an original Racer and thought it was a good detector but nothing new or earth shattering. Basically not quite an
F75 or T2 with a few extra features added that I didn't need. Makro/Nokta are great people to deal with, stand by their machines, and are working hard to be an industry leader. But I've used almost
all of their machines except of course the Impact, and to me at least, they have nothing on the top of the line First Texas offerings yet.

Thank you Shenandoah Digger for clearing that up... There are so many who bash, it is hard sometimes to recognize joke/sarcasm.
March 04, 2017 12:35AM
Shenandoah Digger Wrote:
> Pasttom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you can bag on Fisher and Dave J. and not be
> em
> > barrassed then I am embarrassed for you. Seriou
> sl
> > y?
>
> It's a shame to have to explain that it was a joke
> . I've got the utmost respect for Dave Johnson an
> d have messaged him many times and he always write
> s back with great information. It just seems in t
> he past year or so that if it's not a Makro or Nok
> ta, it just doesn't measure up. I had an original
> Racer and thought it was a good detector but nothi
> ng new or earth shattering. Basically not quite a
> n F75 or T2 with a few extra features added that I
> didn't need. Makro/Nokta are great people to deal
> with, stand by their machines, and are working har
> d to be an industry leader. But I've used almost
> all of their machines except of course the Impact,
> and to me at least, they have nothing on the top o
> f the line First Texas offerings yet.

+1
March 04, 2017 02:48AM
SD - I was puzzled by your post - that's why I just answered with a list of Dave's creds.

Now I see I just "misunderestimsted" the depths of your humor - the 7-11 part should have tipped me off! ... LOL

It appears like Ameritek is about selling detectors, not perfecting them. "Curation" is a thing in marketing these days. You carefully select a collection, assemble it into a "line" and explain the value of the collection by the inherent "virtue" of every component. It looks like this might be what FT is doing here. The Eurotek Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger and the F70 are 3 detectors which have been widely praised as offering outstanding performance for the price. Now they will apparently be marketed in a special way - which has not yet been revealed.

I look forward to hearing more - I'm sure we will.

Rick Kempf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2017 04:41AM by lytle78.
March 04, 2017 07:45PM
Ill have to try a Patriot model..

I Like the thresh and sensitivity available in Disc, Sort of like a Coinstrike or even Warrior in away......and in its fisher version (F70) its one machine I've never ran..

ought to be able to really juice it up in dic mode with the thresh ability..or even calm it down too..

slow and fast...wonder if the slow adds depth sort of like a boost mode??

Wonder if it has DST????Hmmm

Ability to run concentrics too...

And I just like seeing that American Flag on the face to be honest !!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 06, 2017 06:00PM
Hey, SD sorry that I mistook your tone. Problem with text is there are no visual cues (hence emojis). I seem to remember a psych class where they stated 80% of interpretation is from visual cues (not sure I buy amount, but certainly some truth there).
Anyway, my bad for doing this before second cup of coffee. Is that excuse #2 or #3? I lost count. drinking smiley (couldn't find the drinking coffee emoji)

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outhot smileyRe: The Re-branded are coming The Re-branded are coming
March 06, 2017 11:30PM
No big deal Tom, but I figured quickly that most didn't get the sarcasm. Most detector companies have a long way to go to catch First Texas in my opinion. I can't recall a bad detector they've had. eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2017 11:31PM by Shenandoah Digger.
March 08, 2017 07:33PM
These will be available to order very, very soon. Factory direct only via a new website only. Dealers and the lytle78's of the world will all have codes spammed so you can get $50 off MSRP and we get a cut. All other teknetics will be done this way as well. Although existing models will still have a dealer framework which could still get you deals on the T2/T2SE/G2+. Beyond those 3 models, I don't see a dealer selling anything else but the new code method. I'll update my website when I have a code and the new website is live.
March 08, 2017 08:34PM
If the prices are good then they might as well do it that way. I called a dealer recently about a unit and I had to listen to his DUES sales pitch before I could steer the conversation back to the unit I was asking about.

I hate that. I hate it at the car dealership and I hate at the detector dealership.

HH
Mike
March 08, 2017 09:18PM
I am the same way Mike Hillis.I hate dealing with a pushy sales person. That's why I always buy anything I need from Craig at Showmetreasure.com he is very helpful and straight to the point on any and all questions I have about a detector or accessory I need and he tests everything he sales so he's familiar with it. And his prices can't be beat.
March 09, 2017 03:54AM
Guys like Craig (DetectingMO) are the future of metal detector sales at the top end. Teknetics is wise to find a way to make it easier for those folks to make a go of being a dealer. Hopefully this new marketing arrangement will help with that.

Online sales are the future whether we like it or not. If I buy from Amazon, Cabelas, Big 5, Bass Pro, etc. and have an issue I basically have only the manufacturer to turn to - The seller will accept a return, but offers no advice. Finding a way to combine the value of personal "consultative selling" which a good dealer creates - with the efficiency of direct factory to customer delivery is a good concept.

Buy direct through Craig or another outstanding dealer who participates in AmeriTEK and you have bought yourself not only a good deal, but a resource - your dealer - with years of expertise and a direct line to the manufacturer. Very valuable.

Rick Kempf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 09:40AM by lytle78.