Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

WWI dump site finds

Posted by Dan(NM) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
WWI dump site finds
March 07, 2017 03:26AM
Me and couple of buddies hit a WWI dump site on Sunday, we all found some neat finds. There were a few coins found, but most of it was stuff like this. At one time 29,000-32,000 guys were training around this place from 1917-1918. They the had army nation guard recruits from Nebraska, Minnesota and I believe Ohio training to be sent overseas. The place was over 2000 acres at one time, nothing but sagebrush and mesquite bushes now.
Re: WWI dump site finds
March 07, 2017 05:07AM
Those are some great finds!
Great spot to search.
History right under your feet!
March 07, 2017 05:25AM
Nice!----What detector/coils were you using & what were the coins that were found?
March 07, 2017 05:31AM
Yeah,... what machines?
If there are a lot of signals sometimes a Compadre does the trick.
I know it works in abandoned towns and like that.
March 07, 2017 11:40AM
Sweet digs!!!
March 07, 2017 12:17PM
Nice digs there Dan thumbs down
March 07, 2017 12:42PM
Believe it or not, we were using Etracs with the sef 8x6 coils smiling smiley The coins were 2 Indians, 2 barbers and a 1915 wheat.
March 07, 2017 04:15PM
Nice digs there has to be way more...make sure you have permission there or it is not state of fed land...They will be very hard to deal with if that is the case

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 07, 2017 06:24PM
Nice !!!

Liek that Token!!

Congrats

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 07, 2017 06:31PM
From the heading I though you were digging out houses.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
March 07, 2017 07:41PM
We know the guy who takes care of the place, nice thing is, I hunt with a special agent with the state police, the guy knows everybody in the area.