Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best coin detector?????????????????

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Best coin detector?????????????????
March 07, 2017 05:29PM
Of all the units from Turkey which one is the best for coin hunting. Will anything beat the Minelab for old silver coins. Getting ready to buy something but really think the Impact might be a little on the confusing side due to being 36 different units. Sometimes one is hard enough to learn. input really appreciated. thanks
Re: Best coin detector?????????????????
March 07, 2017 05:40PM
Deep Turf Silver a CZ or Explorer,Etrac will kick there Ass. As far as iron separation they would do same to them. IMO.
March 07, 2017 08:03PM
Copper and silver coins are primarily what I hunt for.
So far I have not found any detector that hunts deep silver better in my ground than the FBS detectors.
I will gladly switch to something different if it's out there. I'm not brand loyal.

Bryan
March 07, 2017 08:10PM
Cabin Fever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Copper and silver coins are primarily what I hunt for.

Bryan
Bryan, the high conductors are seen especially well by the lower frequency
machines.
For instance, the Fisher 1280X has found truck loads of silver coins and jewelry.
It runs at 2.5Khz.

******************************************************************************************************
"Oak island?",.... has anyone taken a tuned CZ there?,... No?..... well there's your problem.
March 07, 2017 08:19PM
> ************
> Bryan, the high conductors are seen especially wel
> l by the lower frequency
> machines.
> For instance, the Fisher 1280X has found truck loa
> ds of silver coins and jewelry.
> It runs at 2.5Khz.

I have not tried the 1280X yet but may be worth a try, thanks.
I have tried 3 different CZ 5s and they all report coins as iron after 6" or so.
March 07, 2017 08:30PM
"Oh no.....the dreaded how long is a piece of string question!!!
Lol...

IMHO my answer to that is I just love the Racer 2 with 5" OOR coil as it rapid-fire blips & bloops its way across junk infested soil and then sings really highly when it spots a coin in amongst all the dross that's trying to prevent it being spotted!!!
You could also choose to DISC out 'all that jazz' and wait for coin signals (and TID no's)
Or, you could wait for the Impact to start making an 'impact' ( see what I did there? good eh) and then buy one of those?
If you can wait another bit, say thru April into May maybe there will be something else to consider? Jeez... They are SO overdue and it's only Nokta that have been listening to us?"
March 07, 2017 08:30PM
I never had a cz tell me iron after 6" it usually said the opposite. Nothing like digging old cut nails lol. Definitely deep detectors IMO.
March 07, 2017 08:34PM
Regarding the current line up; you're better off looking at FBS machines. The higher freq turk machines don't hunt as well in modern trash nor can can they roll of the edge of a target and hit deeper- often older coins. If you want shallower coins and aren't dealing with an ocean of modern trash; they are decent for covering ground like on sports fields for example. If you can; handle one in person first. Ergonomics vary.
March 07, 2017 09:32PM
Ctx 3030, Etrac, explorer series, CZ5, 6a and 3D are best coin machines made.
March 07, 2017 10:50PM
Cabin Fever Wrote:

> I have tried 3 different CZ 5s and they all report
> coins as iron after 6" or so.

I tried a cz6 before. Because I saw guys doing quite well with them (and kicking my then-whites-butt at the time). But you're right: While it can effortlessly get deeeeepp coins, yet other items (bent rusty deeep nails) can mimick the same sounds. And yes, there's tricks that the faithful will tell you can over come this (comparing the all-metal pinpoint to the disc. signal). Yet nagging doubts will have them digging a bunch "just to be sure". A fellow here in CA that does very well with a CZ in turf hunting, even though he kicks b*tts, will acknowledge that .... yes .... the TID beyond 6" or 7" begins to wain.
March 07, 2017 11:53PM
I own a Tom tuned CZ 6A and CZ 5. Here in my area of southwest colorado where the soil is terrible, 3 to 4 bar FE soil the CZs are the few machines that will even get past 7in. I can usually tell the difference between a deep iron high tone and a deep coin high tone. Iron usually has a ting sound to the high tone where as deep coins have a mellow high tone.
March 07, 2017 11:54PM
Yes for some a few deep nails are worth the price of admission to the Deep Coin Realm.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2017 11:58PM by Harold,ILL..
March 08, 2017 12:01AM
How about an experiment?
For just a few dollars you can pick up an early DeepSeeker.
Change the pole assembly so the box is under the elbow.
( just for temp use blue painters masking tape)
Then go for it. At 2khz that machine will actually attract silver.
Find the "orange" co-axial coil for that machine and you can do
a lot of searching where others can't. Under bleachers, along a
fence, under homes, near playground equipment.

Fun experiment for just a few dollars.

Quote from Allen Cannon:

Howdy
Garrett burned the midnight oil and came out with their first master hunter VLF soon after Whites brought out the V supreme. I know, due that Charlie was up in Idaho and I got to use the proto type that had a coaxial that was made out of wood. It had about a couple inch's over the whites due to the coaxial fringe area on coin sized target's Just straight VLF and no discrimination and operated at 2 KHZ. Best dam silver detector I ever owned. not to good on nickels and gold was ok. and it was replaced in a years time with discrimination and still at 2 KHZ. You could get a white or like mine which had the orange loop. Discrimination sucked on both the whites and deep seeker. I did have a 12x24 coaxial loop too! it was a boat anchor and did not perform very well that is when whites moved up the frequency and Garrett went with their 5.5 KHZ. and worked much better in discrimination. Then came out the RB 7 and that was whole new ball game.
Best in Hunting
A.C.

March 08, 2017 12:01AM
If there is not too much iron, the CZs are great but their TID is limited. The Fors Core that I had was very good in iron but tended to lump all high conductive targets into just a few numbers.

Of course the Explorers were maybe the best in turf, but they are no longer made and expect your arm to hurt for a while after using one.

I have to say that I'm very impressed by the White's MX Sport in terms of depth, separation, and TID accuracy in my tests.
March 08, 2017 04:35AM
Hey Sonny....wasn't that you a few years back that found an Alabama plate up in Indiana?
March 09, 2017 01:59AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> Cabin Fever Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I have tried 3 different CZ 5s and they all repo
> rt
> > coins as iron after 6" or so.
>
> I tried a cz6 before. Because I saw guys doing q
> uite well with them (and kicking my then-whites-bu
> tt at the time). But you're right: While it ca
> n effortlessly get deeeeepp coins, yet other items
> (bent rusty deeep nails) can mimick the same sound
> s. And yes, there's tricks that the faithful wil
> l tell you can over come this (comparing the all-m
> etal pinpoint to the disc. signal). Yet nagging d
> oubts will have them digging a bunch "just to be s
> ure". A fellow here in CA that does very well w
> ith a CZ in turf hunting, even though he kicks b*t
> ts, will acknowledge that .... yes .... the TID be
> yond 6" or 7" begins to wain.

I was one of the ones that use to try and convince you that you were an idiot for using a shallow clad hunting xtra lettuce tomato whites back in the late 90's over at tnet,lol

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
March 09, 2017 02:26AM
Probably more like what's the best duo or trio of machines for your are would be the ?
But cz's as a whole are the best. That said I'm down sizing and my cherry cz6a is going to go.
Because I'm keeping my cz20 I bought 93.

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.