Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact park hunt videos on youtube

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Impact park hunt videos on youtube
March 09, 2017 05:59PM
DirtFishing (on youtube), which I believe is wjs on this forum, has posted 3 short videos of park hunts using a pre-pro Impact.
Thanks, wjs (Bill?), for the videos. Somebody was ready for Nokta to OK Impact video releases.

Here's one of them:
[www.youtube.com]

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Nokta Impact park hunt videos on youtube
March 09, 2017 07:12PM
I look forward to seeing some real hunts, no phoney stuff, salted finds, or nonsense.

Bill does a good job on his videos, IIRC they're park clad stabbin' vids?
March 09, 2017 07:22PM
Good enough videos, 1 bar mineralised soil at most and shallow targets, but i guess thats his hunting grounds so he's showing what he can.
I'm waiting for some 'Head to heads' on more challenging targets!
March 09, 2017 07:29PM
If those are the fields I think they are I pulled some deep older silver out of them with the CTX 3 years ago .
March 09, 2017 07:40PM
Lol you might have left a few deepies for the video Silverhound !

silverhound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If those are the fields I think they are I pulled
> some deep older silver out of them with the CTX 3
> years ago .
wjs
March 09, 2017 10:17PM

If those are the fields I think they are I pulled some deep older silver out of them with the CTX 3 years ago .

I would have to look back but one of the fields is a newer soccer field. I dont think we ever hit that one.
March 09, 2017 10:41PM
Dang Bill why don't You use a towel to put the dirt on and back fill holes? Come on Dude Were losing spots like crazy. Your a Veteran hunter not a Newb.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 10:47PM by Harold,ILL..
March 10, 2017 12:58AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Dang Bill why don't You use a towel to put the dir
> t on and back fill holes? Come on Dude Were losing
> spots like crazy. Your a Veteran hunter not a Newb
> .

Wow! Bill makes the cleanest plugs you'll ever see! Its a wonder why any of us bother making vids to help others.
March 10, 2017 01:08AM
Defeats the purpose if You don't use a towel to catch the dirt. Just trying to Help Him Save His sites and People watching. Otherwise You will end up like Me where Most of Your spots are closed. Do what You want for all I care.
March 10, 2017 05:21AM
Maybe, ILL Harold, if you make some videos, the rest of us can criticize you, and maybe that will help you do a better job keeping your sites open.

Not said seriously, but maybe you get the point? Probably not.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

March 10, 2017 01:55PM
Bill S those are some great vids! They show the basic mechanics of the machine.

My Critique: I wish you would of changed freq on some targets for comparison.

Now on to some observations:

On shallow and mid-range(6 inches) coins have a solid VID. On non-standard junk targets(scrap aluminum) the VID was real jumpy(could be because of the irregular shape). Standard junk(square tabs screw caps, and steel bottle caps), the vid was stable, but not as much as coins(varied three or four points). These observations are most likely repeatable at the shallow to mid-range targets. Time will tell.

Co-mingled targets: It was amazing to see the Impact handle these scenarios and I am glad you dug them. I watched them several times and I believe you are right when you said that the VID was being "drug down" by lower conductors. In the future be aware, that, when you get n ID that shouldn't be, check for iron. I bet one or two of those had a nail close by.

Di99: Some targets sound like squeaky balloons. I thought it was funny. Doesn't mean anything though.

All in all, I like the machine, but IMO AT THIS MOMENT, there seems to be very little difference between the Impact and the R2.
March 10, 2017 02:53PM
Like to see video of someone dig a button, 3 ringer, old home site stuff, etc
but that was a good video
March 10, 2017 04:19PM
ncwayne Wrote:
> Maybe, ILL Harold, if you make some videos, the re
> st of us can criticize you, and maybe that will he
> lp you do a better job keeping your sites open.
>
> Not said seriously, but maybe you get the point? P
> robably not.
>
> Wayne
I guess I don't get why someone would not use a simple towel to put there Dirt on so there are No signs of digging. I guess You are rite I don't get why someone would not use common sense.
March 10, 2017 06:41PM
I want videos of the whole hunt. I want to hear the sounds of the detector as you work your way thru iron trash. Showing it all is the only way you can really hear the detector and it helps you decide if you like that detector or not.

Rick
March 10, 2017 06:56PM
Bill

In DI99 do the tones from the lowest non-ferrous signals stand out from the iron tones/sounds? On the F75 in DP tones it is hard for me to distinguish a low (foil) non-ferrous tone from ferrous.
Tom

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
March 10, 2017 08:21PM
Harold, I think the common sense approach is to use the level of care that completely satisfies the land owner and befits the nature of the property. If I'm in somebody's yard, I'll use a drop cloth and perhaps try to work the target through a slit rather than cut a plug. If I'm in a park and the park employees who visit me while I'm digging or covering holes are happy with what I'm doing, I don't need somebody on a forum who is not familiar with the particulars of my park or my permissions second guessing what I am doing or how I am doing it. That's just rude. It's all too easy for some people to try to make somebody else's thread or youtube video all about them and what they think. We don't need that and I think you might agree with me on that.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC

March 10, 2017 08:29PM
Bill, good video. Did you ever figure out why those 3 quarters sounded so funky?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 08:30PM by possum mo.
March 10, 2017 08:35PM
What I am saying is if a Park type setting (Public Property) You should use a hand trowel and a towel to Back fill holes before it is to late. As they might just put up a sign and not say a word next time You come to hunt it. Private Property is all together a Different story. As long as landowner is Happy that's all that counts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2017 08:51PM by Harold,ILL..
March 10, 2017 09:30PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> What I am saying is if a Park type setting (Public
> Property) You should use a hand trowel and a towel
> to Back fill holes before it is to late. As they m
> ight just put up a sign and not say a word next ti
> me You come to hunt it. Private Property is all t
> ogether a Different story. As long as landowner is
> Happy that's all that counts.

I never understood the towel thing. Its dirt. Whats in the grass? Dirt. EVEN before you dig. Spikes on soccer shoes do more damage. As long as it looks undisturbed, you are being careful, and cleaning up, I don't see what the issue is. Sometimes I dug massive holes because there were multiple targets. I filled the hole and went over it again an hour later and I couldn't tell where exactly I dug.
March 11, 2017 12:11AM
The only thing I find more disappointing than Harold's comment about the video is the tones on the Impact. I was hoping for something a little more pleasant to listen to.
Harold , I thought you were giving up detecting!! Why don't you keep your word this time?
March 11, 2017 02:44AM
Hey Shoveler, why don't You KISS MY ASS!!!!
March 11, 2017 02:58AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> ncwayne Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Maybe, ILL Harold, if you make some videos, the
> re
> > st of us can criticize you, and maybe that will
> he
> > lp you do a better job keeping your sites open.
> >
> > Not said seriously, but maybe you get the point?
> P
> > robably not.
> >
> > Wayne
> I guess I don't get why someone would not use a si
> mple towel to put there Dirt on so there are No si
> gns of digging. I guess You are rite I don't get w
> hy someone would not use common sense.

I'll back up Bill S...I've seen some of his videos and he DID use a small towel or napkin to replace the soil. On one video, he forgot and admitted that didn't have a towel...We are all prone to have slip up days, I know I have....LOL
March 11, 2017 03:22AM
Yes Bill does most the time. A lot of Newbees watch these and think it's O.K. in a Park. Lastly Tom Dankowski Himself made a Video showing proper digging Techniques using a Towel to Back fill Your Holes. It's not Just Me guys.
March 11, 2017 12:36PM
shoveler Wrote:
> The only thing I find more disappointing than Haro
> ld's comment about the video is the tones on the I
> mpact. I was hoping for something a little more pl
> easant to listen to.

Maybe it's time somebody brought SIRI to metal detecting:

"Alright, Wayne! I think you may have something very nice here!"

"I'd dig this one, Wayne, it sounds wonderful!"

"Not this one, Wayne, I don't have a good feeling about this one."

"Could be a gold ring, could be a pull tab. This one's your call, Wayne."

"It's either something very small just below the surface, or something larger and deeper. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Wayne."

Oh, for pleasantness sake, let's say you get to choose the (tone of) voice Siri uses. <grin>

Pleasant Garden, NC