Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

My NOKTA IMPACT VIDEO and some ramblings!!

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
My NOKTA IMPACT VIDEO and some ramblings!!
March 11, 2017 12:51AM
Version 1.11

Up to date as of 3/10/17

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 12:52AM by Keith Southern.
Re: My NOKTA IMPACT VIDEO and some ramblings!!
March 11, 2017 01:45AM
Nice Video Keith, thanks.
First off I have that same small coil for my Gold Racer and it is no doubt deep and tight for its size.
My favorite small coil I have ever owned hands down.
I have only been mildly interested in the Impact until you fired up that All Metal mode in your video.
Like you, I would buy that detector for that mode alone if it will perform like that at depth and punch past 10"
On a dime in bad soil. Awesome technology!!

Bryan
March 11, 2017 02:31AM
I see you got your long sleeve sweater on Keith smiling smiley ! Anyway, great vid! It really impressed me.
March 11, 2017 04:13AM
WOW! man i cant wait to get my hands on one son! that all metal mode be nice in some old camps. Hurry up Nokta . LOL
March 11, 2017 04:46AM
Thank you for the video. I really like the all metal mode with the iron audio.

The Treasure Baron Gold Trax had an all metal mode with iron audio and I hunted all time that way with it.

Rick
March 11, 2017 05:13AM
Potomac run Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW! man i cant wait to get my hands on one son!
> that all metal mode be nice in some old camps. Hu
> rry up Nokta . LOL

Keith only showed 1/2 of what that mode (Gen D) can really do Potomac

what's even better is when you set the tone break at say "nail" reject = IF that eagle button or a bullet or coin/etc were next to/mixed in with a nail/piece of iron = it'll still pick the good target out of the mix as the 2 tones will mix/blend together but you can distinguish that there's a good target IN the iron/mix because the high tone comes in/above/mixed with the low tone.

It's unlike anything on any machine on the current market as of today. When I 1st used/discovered that mode and what it could do = it blew me away!

Like he says = the machine is worth buying just for that mode alone basically but Di99 and Di4 and one of the static modes (Sta D) just adds icing to the cake and then you have all the other modes PLUS 3 different frequencies to use/configure the machine with in all sorts of ways for all kinds of hunting/targets in various conditions too.

Definitely a unique machine and an all time top level all arounder VLF that not many (very few) can compete with and in some ways = can't at all.

We (the testers) have only just scratched the surface in showing what this unit can do/how it functions. There's only so much we can show/explain in any single video and some guys have different hunting styles/use different modes to search for different targets in different types of sites so some of them (us) don't even show 1/2 of what the machine is capable of/how it functions. This thing is far FAR beyond just some top end clad/park hunting unit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 05:15AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
March 11, 2017 05:42AM
GenD may allow us to hunt hunted out cleaned out areas and find the deeper targets. Don't forget the boost mode. They just updated that.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 11, 2017 05:47AM
Is the Gen D mode actually deeper than the other discrimination modes and if so,
does the ability to audibly distinguish between most iron and non ferrous work at depth?
Thanks,
Bryan
March 11, 2017 07:26AM
Bryan ..

Yes and No..

What the Gen(d) mode does is somehow take a disc sample and through processing lean the threshold low or high at shallower depths...yet its also a delta pitch so as the targets get real deep the weak low tone and the weak high tone become the same tone......I asked Alper if there was a way to divide that tone separation at further depth and He said no...and We know why..Disc depth is disc depth..

Yet this is not a problem for the seasoned all metal hunter..its actually a confidence booster and assurer ...while still retaining that True all metal feel..Instead of overlaying a disc tone on top of a all metal threshold Alper just manipulates the swing of the threshold it so seems...the threshold is true single channel all metal I feel..Not a Faux all metal...

We are in the age of Processing it so seems and out of box TRICKS can be done to a signal..

What we get is for the first time a True discing all metal feel....and I find it very welcome..Im a old schooler all metal hunter and this just give that feel in a Modern twist....and its still true all metal threshold feel its just Souped up..ENHANCED and a pleasure to run on isolated targets especially...

We get that ultra depth all metal single channel that for the first inches are veerable/Steerable...and nothing wrong with it and I find it AWESOME and feels Natural to me...

Its not alien tech..its still a mixed mode but itsa subtle mixed mode..its a mixed mode that conveys...

Once the disc doesn't know if its ferrous or no ferrous or out of range the threshold is still wavering a target...

It feels very clean...

Its just a new way of having a combined mixed mode through Processing

its still a phase shifted report out to a certain depth...But its the way it reports through threshold manipulation...Gotta love it!!

Keith

Cabin Fever Wrote:
> Is the Gen D mode actually deeper than the other d
> iscrimination modes and if so,
> does the ability to audibly distinguish between mo
> st iron and non ferrous work at depth?
> Thanks,
> Bryan

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 07:42AM by Keith Southern.
March 11, 2017 08:41AM
Thanks Keith.
I feel I finally understand the mode now. I really liked the way it sounded on the video.
Alper and the rest of the team no doubt have some talent and imagination.
Bryan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 08:10PM by Cabin Fever.
March 11, 2017 12:51PM
Very nice. No toggling between disc and all metal roof check targets yet not as "busy" as a mixed mode. My brain can't keep up with non stereo mixed modes as they're too busy. This appears to be a game changer and time saver. The VCO appears to be crisp and conveying. It's rare to see anything unique these days and this IS.
March 11, 2017 06:44PM
Yes you'll like the FEEL of that mode if you like the allmetal threshold based modes for your deeeper hunt's..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 11, 2017 07:41PM
How does it compare to AT Gold and MX Sport 2 tone all metal?
March 11, 2017 07:45PM
There is nothing that compares that I have used

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 11, 2017 08:15PM
i love a machine with threshold! I got a lot of places to try in out and all the time in world, can wait!! smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley
March 14, 2017 02:37PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> There is nothing that compares that I have used

Ok, well those two I listed are the only two true all metal 2 tone detectors I've used. The Deus Pitch mode is very similar with the new negative disc in V4. Iron grunts for iron and VCO for non-ferris. Has an all-metal feel to it now.
March 15, 2017 02:04AM
Thanks for the video, it shows the Impact is better than I thought it would be.