Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

When are we going to see how the Impact stacks up?

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: When are we going to see how the Impact stacks up?
March 12, 2017 08:54PM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When somebody someday introduces something truly n
> ew, the first data we will have to begin to evalua
> te whether it is a breakthrough or not will come o
> n a forum where folks who have used it in the fiel
> d are released from their non-disclosure bonds and
> tell us how it went in testing
>
> We are indeed fortunate to have the benefit of the
> ir results before we spend hard-earned $$ on an ne
> w machine.
>
> Years ago all we had were magazine reviewers. The
> best and most honest of them were limited by the r
> ealities of the publishing medium. Now everybody
> is a publisher.
>
> Chose your sources of information based on their r
> eputation, built up by frankness and candor over t
> ime. We are fortunate here to have some who I thi
> nk represent the gold standard.

New units are being released with new tech - NOT out of FT however but if you took your blinkers off, you might just see a whole new world of new tech - You continually bleating on about 'there is nothing new' is wearing a bit thin considering the company you obviously represent has struggled to get a new unit out the door -

Just because FT seem to be dragging their feet at this time does not stifle other manufacturers new tech & if you cannot see this, then you certainly have a problem

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
March 12, 2017 10:10PM
N/T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 06:23AM by mrb1268.
wjs
March 12, 2017 11:19PM

It likes bottlecaps,... so don't use it in a bottlecap infested hunt.

The stock coil falses on them like most of the other detector that use the DD coils, except for the Minelabs of course. But the smaller football coil does not hit on them like the larger coil does. It seems to put them in the 20's depending on the frequency of course. So you can recover some coins even in the midst of a lot of bottlecaps. I will see if I can make a video showing this.
March 13, 2017 01:58AM
Lest we forsake the apotheosis of this forum:

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

As crazy as this may sound; I CRITICALLY NEED to hear the ENTIRE spectrum of human-emotions,.,.,.,., good and bad. Even if it's specifically against me. Don't ever think there's "no value" in this. There is valuation validation in this.........and for many..... to include the Mfr's.

And............ the slams against Nokta, Fisher (or any Mfr) .......... and their products..,.,.,.,.,.,., does indeed paint a more broad picture of General Public hunger/sentiment. Case-in-point: On this specific thread......... (can you feel/detect/sense) the "negative" sentiment/tone is: The burning passion/hunger for a paradigm-shift technological advancement/breakthrough. . . . . . via......... NOT wanting another single-frequency unit. There is multi-faceted 'valuation' within the body of this gut/sentiment.

Also........... notice......there is MUCH greater human propensity to 'slam' the Top Dog Mfr(s)..................... instead of the smaller (less-capable) manufacturers. ""Why"" do you think this is???!!!!!!! ((((( It is a huge complement..... [very heavily] in disguise. ))))) The energy (passion/hunger/HOPE........frustration) is still channeled/focused on the Top Dog. . . . . . . for good (subliminal/probably-unsuspecting) reason.
March 13, 2017 02:08AM
wjs Wrote:
>

It likes bottlecaps,... so don't use it in
> a bottlecap infested hunt.
>
> The stock coil falses on them like most of the oth
> er detector that use the DD coils, except for the
> Minelabs of course. But the smaller football coil
> does not hit on them like the larger coil does. It
> seems to put them in the 20's depending on the fre
> quency of course. So you can recover some coins e
> ven in the midst of a lot of bottlecaps. I will se
> e if I can make a video showing this.

Thx,... that would clear up that "problem" as well.

Actually not that big of an issue, there are some great little coin stabbing machines out there.

HH
Johnb
March 13, 2017 02:47AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:

> Alper Tozan knows the Impact will be 'incomplete'
> and plagued with problems upon product roll-out. F
> rustrated he WILL be.

All true, but the standout is the Impact because Alper can spin off software ugprades that might make it complete, at least it's a possibility whereas it's not on the others you referenced.

hh,
Cal
March 13, 2017 04:43AM
This has been beaten to death on other threads on this forum and elsewhere, but it keeps coming up - so ...

Testers and testers.

1. Testers chosen by the manufacturer -

1.1 Engineering/development testers, These guys are chosen because they are very experienced and they are only given a second "assignment" if their reports are thourough and to the point. This feedback is used in the final development of units which are nearly ready for market and this information is gold for the manufacturer and is delivered to the engineering department. These testers are under non-disclosure agreements and may or may not be released from those obligations after the new model hits the market. The test units may have to be returned.

1.2 Marketing Reviewers. These folks recieve new models in their final form from the Marketing department. They are EXPECTED to publicize their results and are chosen because of their sphere of influence on forums, YouTube, Facebook etc. They are not necessarily highly technical in their approach. They typically keep their test units.

2. "Self Appointed" testers. These folks do detector tests - much like most of us do from time to time. They use a machine under certian circumstances and report on their findings. This may involve comparison between different models or not. The reoprt can be a write-up or a video. These folks buy or borrow the detectors that they test.

I have not been involved in any "Type 1.1 or 1.2" tests for any manufacturer.

I know nothing about what Nokta has done - beyond folks posting on this forum about having recieved test units. It seems that the at least some of the posts over the last week or two are more of the 1.1 type - in that they talk about giving feedback directly to Nokta engineering - Tom, Keith and perhaps others. Others may be more of the 1.2 type.

This is something new as far as I can tell. I don't recall any other case where 1.1 level testers spoke so openly about their development tests - and have obviously done so with Nokta's permission.

In any event, it is another manifestation of the unprecedented openness of Nokta/Makro about this stuff.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 07:03AM by lytle78.
March 13, 2017 07:28AM
I got the following message earlier in this thread - of course the message was delivered in public so I feel free to re-post part of it - I have underlined a few choice words and phrases which I thought were either inaccurate or more or less insulting.

New units are being released with new tech - NOT out of FT however but if you took your blinkers off, you might just see a whole new world of new tech - You continually bleating on about 'there is nothing new' is wearing a bit thin considering the company you obviously represent has struggled to get a new unit out the door -

Just because FT seem to be dragging their feet at this time does not stifle other manufacturers new tech & if you cannot see this, then you certainly have a problem

earthSCAN

I am not so thin skinned that I mind the tone much, but I'm pretty sure that I never wear blinkers or bleat. Sheep bleat not people. Also, while I no doubt have various problems, don't have the problem the poster accuses me of having. In fact, the last sentence above is so hard to decipher that I'm not sure what problem I am accused of having!

I have no problem differentiating between refinements of existing single-frequency-at a-time detecting technology (and some of the refinements are excellent and are progress) and "new tech" which to me means new technology - new ways of detecting targets, using completely new electronic designs and transmission and analysis in new ways. The only truly new technology I can recall for the last 10 years or so is Minelab's amazing constant current, induction balance GPZ7000. That design is a window into the future - new transmission technology - advanced signal processing and analysis in both the time and frequency domains.

As far as my representing First Texas, I have no authority to speak for FT on this forum or elsewhere. My opinions are my own. If I state that some matter of fact regarding a First Texas product is indeed a matter of fact, I only do so based on my belief that the source I received the data from is authoratative and correct.

I do represent First Texas in one way. I have been appointed as a Special Representative in the Teknetics Direct program, which includes Amerirek. That is why I was so happy when Rustic Charm advised a poster to "...Grab yourself one of those new 'Patriots". It gave me a legitimate segue to post details on how he could do exactly that!

Any - I feel better now - thanks for reading - or ignoring - as the case may be!

Happy Hunting

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 10:07AM by lytle78.
March 13, 2017 08:46AM
There is too much hype on new detectors that come out. I think I will wait and see if the Impact is as good as people say it is. There needs to be videos to back written words, before I am impressed with it.
March 13, 2017 09:25AM
@Deadeye: You should consider visiting one of the main U.K forums I use. There's barely been a mention of the Impact, just one thread, with little content.
March 13, 2017 10:40AM
Pimento Wrote:
> @Deadeye: You should consider visiting one of the
> main U.K forums I use. There's barely been a menti
> on of the Impact, just one thread, with little con
> tent.

The main reason i guess that its not mentioned alot is the fact that we had a recent price increase by a substantial amount and also the offer of either a free pinpointer or wireless headphones,so just that one piece of bad news basically killed the traction that the 'Impact' was gaining.In other words it had a massive 'Impact' on people who had shown interest in the machine,it could well be a stunning machine and i am not saying other wise but a £100 price increase and also the stopping of the freebie ended the initial interest straight away.

That is basically how i read it and i dont think i am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 11:37AM by Junk and Disorderly.
March 13, 2017 12:42PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Lest we forsake the apotheosis of this forum:
>
> FREEDOM OF SPEECH
>
>
> .....................
> As crazy as this may sound; I CRITICALLY NEED to h
> ear the ENTIRE spectrum of human-emotions,.,.,.,.,
> good and bad. Even if it's specifically against me
> . Don't ever think there's "no value" in this. The
> re is valuation validation in this.........and for
> many..... to include the Mfr's.
>
> And............ the slams against Nokta, Fisher (o
> r any Mfr) .......... and their products..,.,.,.,.
> ,.,., does indeed paint a more broad picture of Ge
> neral Public hunger/sentiment. Case-in-point: On
> this specific thread......... (can you feel/detect
> /sense) the "negative" sentiment/tone is: The burn
> ing passion/hunger for a paradigm-shift technologi
> cal advancement/breakthrough. . . . . . via.......
> .. NOT wanting another single-frequency unit. Ther
> e is multi-faceted 'valuation' within the body of
> this gut/sentiment.
>
> Also........... notice......there is MUCH greater
> human propensity to 'slam' the Top Dog Mfr(s).....
> ................ instead of the smaller (less-capa
> ble) manufacturers. ""Why"" do you think this is??
> ?!!!!!!! ((((( It is a huge complement..... [ver
> y heavily] in disguise. ))))) The energy (passion/
> hunger/HOPE........frustration) is still channeled
> /focused on the Top Dog. . . . . . . for good (sub
> liminal/probably-unsuspecting) reason.

EXCELLENT POST TOM!!!! These are exactly the sentiments that I was trying to get across in my post, "where are all the new machines"!
March 13, 2017 02:07PM
Hello everybody.

I wanted to chime in here and say a few words as I have been reading some of the posts with mixed emotions - disappointment / sadness / surprise …BUT with confidence all the way.

It has never been a secret that we send free test units to people around the world and we do this for 2 reasons ONLY:

1. We want our devices to be tested by certain individuals such as Tom D, Keith Southern, Steve Herschbach , Monte etc. ASSUMING that the detector community do respect their opinions and feedbacks.
2. We get the units tested on different grounds and environmental conditions to be able to offer end users around the world the most optimized and bug-free device.

For the first time with the IMPACT though, we decided to send the unit to more testers with different experience levels and to people who seem to be very satisfied with certain competition models (such as Lawrenzo – and I mean no insult with this). Moreover, we WERE ASKED RIGHT ON THIS FORUM by some members to send this unit to a hardcore coin hunter and I personally said ‘’ Name a hardcore coin hunter that the majority of the members would agree to.’’
I was given 2 names – we ended up sending one of them the unit – ‘’ wjs’’ as his name came up first and we had limited testing units at the time!

We have never, at any point, ASKED or REQUESTED any of these testers to talk about the device on forums or any other social media as our sole purpose was to advance the detector based on their findings and that is how we ended up with revision v1.11 with the software!
We only asked them NOT to talk about it until we made the official announcement. And we have NOT asked them to tell us what they were going to say in advance or had any kind of influence on what they were going to share! The only thing we asked them was to state the revision of the software if they were to share videos to avoid confusion and misinformation. Every one of them can vouch for this.

Now, we sent this unit to others in the UK, France, Italy, Australia and many other countries. Most of these people are not writing on forums or talking about the device at all. The testers ARE not picked to advertise BUT to test the units and give us feedbacks. Advertising is my job and I do not do that on forums!
We have never made any unrealistic claims about the IMPACT and stated that it was a ground breaking technology - Neither any VLF device on the market today is. BUT we do have a lot of features of the IMPACT and our other devices that are unique to our company and engineering and this is a fact. Therefore, it is really hard for us to comprehend how some people who have not even seen a device belonged to our company- let alone using it – could make comments about our devices or their performances.

Now regarding the testers – I, as the Sales & Marketing Manager of Nokta & Makro will not let any of these testers to be subject to slander or abuse.
These people spend hours and hours testing the product and believe me they do not need to go thru the hassle to get 1 free device. Most of them ask us what they will do with the device after the tests and we ask them to keep it because:

1. It will cost us a lot of money and time to get these units imported back here with all the customs laws and bureaucracy here.
2. I personally think they deserve a lot more for what they give back to us.

I, once again, THANK all testers for the time and effort they have spent to test the IMPACT and I do apologize that some of them were criticized very unfairly.
HOWEVER, if many members and the testers agree, I would be more than happy to tell them not to post anything on the forums before or after release for the next project . We are a very open and honest company. All we need is their feedbacks to better the product – we don’t need the hype or the talk. The product will speak for itself.

The success of our company and/or products should not intimidate anybody as we, as a company, have a lot of respect for competition and we truly believe that competition forces manufacturers to offer better products and benefits the end-users at the end. As competition may be working on new technologies, we are not just waiting or watching. They may succeed with the famous engineers today …we may succeed with the famous engineers of the future….only time will tell.

My personal intake on all this - We, as a company, will just keep on working more and more and delivering… the rest is up to our valued customers' - whom we owe were we are today - appreciation and decision!

THANK YOU all on behalf of my team and company.

Dilek

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 02:20PM by Nokta Detectors.
March 13, 2017 02:58PM
Nice post Dilek,

Your company has achieved a great deal in a short time and you have much to be proud of. Your rapid introduction of exciting new models has made the marketplace much more interesting.

Rick Kempf
March 13, 2017 03:18PM
Dilek,
Your post verifies what 90% of us already know. There will Always be those who complain about something no matter what. You and your company should be Proud of what you have accomplished and the market place will reward you. Please continue in your winning ways.
March 13, 2017 03:36PM
Dilek,

First, I would like to say how much that I am thankful for testers. Their input, in ANY degree, is helpful in making a decision or just being informed.

Second, There will ALWAYS be people that give negative feedback in regards to testers and a feeling that they were, "bought off". It is just the way these things go. Does it make it right? I don't think so.

Third, Makro/Nokta should be a shining example of what other metal detecting companies SHOULD be doing. I hardly EVER see other companies asking the general populace for suggestions. THIS alone is ground breaking and revolutionary.

Even though I didn't say anything I would consider disparaging, I felt ashamed you had to make that post because, of a few, what I would term, "skewed perceptions".

I wasn't planning on purchasing an Impact, however after Kieth's video, I am sold.

In future, I will be posting videos of Makro/Nokta products in action, and I hope, you will select me for a tester.

Lastly, I want to thank you for your companies continued innovation!
March 13, 2017 03:59PM
I, for one am glad that your company has decided to have your units tested in the field by RESPECTED users (well most of us respect them anyway) before releasing them to the public (that's more than I can say about certain other detector companies that choose to rush a new unit onto the sales floor before a thorough testing). Your company has come a long way since it's inception and the fact that you are allowing the testers to state the pros and cons of the new unit on this forum says a lot about your willingness to make improvements to a new model.
March 13, 2017 04:20PM
doc holiday Wrote:
> Dilek,
> Your post verifies what 90% of us already know.
> There will Always be those who complain about some
> thing no matter what. You and your company should
> be Proud of what you have accomplished and the mar
> ket place will reward you. Please continue in your
> winning ways.

+1
I join
March 13, 2017 09:04PM
When Is ay not as deep as the F75 theres some things that need to be taken into consideration...

I'm talking about MInute differences..

With The CLEANED UP audio of the Impact and tighter more stable I.D's the Impact on say a 10 inch dime in my harsh soil will see it but it grunts on it except in one small window of approach angle it flops to high......

The F75 has a wider window angle and high tones most of that window....BUT here's a BIG problem too..the F75 does that on a 10 inch deep nail TOO...Its all in the timings of the filters I feel...

and here's another thing to add..the Impact on say a 9 inch dime is more accurate Visual I.D. Vs the F75..More locked in if you will..

Now with the more archaic audio of the Red Racer and bit more bleedy filter..its the real hot rod in my soil on a 10 inch dime...

Give and take give and take...its the VLF world we are in...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 10:56PM by Keith Southern.
March 13, 2017 09:47PM
deadeye Wrote:
> There is too much hype on new detectors that come
> out. I think I will wait and see if the Impact is
> as good as people say it is. There needs to be vid
> eos to back written words, before I am impressed w
> ith it.

HYPE is a word that seems to be thrown about quite a bit -

I have always been under the impression that "hype" is making something out to be better than it actually is -

Can you please provide some examples of this 'HYPE" you are talking about - Virtually everything I have seen posted regarding the Impact seems to be quite authentic and NOT hyped up at all - I do know companies that DO hype their goods up and state that they are all this and all that before their release, then they turn to custard however in all my time watching Makro/Nokta grow, I have NEVER seen this "HYPE" you mention -

Please enlighten me

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
March 13, 2017 10:26PM
Hype?

THE MOST POWERFUL ALL-AROUND DETECTOR EVER MADE!

Some might consider this hype.
March 13, 2017 11:06PM
wjs Wrote:
>

It likes bottlecaps,... so don't use it in
> a bottlecap infested hunt.
>
> The stock coil falses on them like most of the oth
> er detector that use the DD coils, except for the
> Minelabs of course. But the smaller football coil
> does not hit on them like the larger coil does. It
> seems to put them in the 20's depending on the fre
> quency of course. So you can recover some coins e
> ven in the midst of a lot of bottlecaps. I will se
> e if I can make a video showing this.

Bill I'd like to see this video. If it's not too much trouble, when you show us a coin mixed in with bottlecaps, could you demonstrate how it hits on all three frequencies?

Thanks!
Cal
March 13, 2017 11:20PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I thought (nearly the entire) premise of my report
> (s) were almost exclusively head-to-head with F75
> (T2/CZ/XP-GMP/Deus etc......).......to the point o
> f giving exacting percentages.

Some folks just like to complain and whine.

Keep up the good work Tom,Keith,MRH,and others who are testing this machine on this forum.
HH
Corey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 11:25PM by docbars.
March 14, 2017 12:20AM
cadman Wrote:
> Hype?
>
>
>
> THE MOST POWERFUL ALL-AROUND DETECTOR EVER MADE!
>
> Some might consider this hype.

Not the most powerful if 4 X AA are powering it. 4 AA's would last 6 hours in my Signum And that is the most powerful detector ever made haha (kidden) well maybe not. Nokta doesnt Define the word powerful so I interpreted it as a juice sucking monster.
March 14, 2017 01:42AM
I get about 12-16 hours run time on the Impact...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2017 02:57AM
I am not as smart as a lot of the testers. As I have said before I'm street smart and so I have to really find out how something ticks by trial and error. The impact didn't come with any hype or much information of what the programs do. It took me about three weeks to catch-up to the other testers and then after that I started to hunt and made some suggestions on what I would like to see added to the machine. I really think the Impact will be as good if not better than the deus and I didn't think that way until l learned the language of the detector. It gives you a lot of feedback, is more stable, and in my ground the deepest detector I have used in 20 years. I love DI4 it gives me just the right amount of tones and they blend into one another not bleed. Big difference when I want to relic hunt and make my day count so I can bring home some keepers that have been in the ground for 150 years or longer.

The all metal modes will be a blast to learn and use and understand and I feel will help me uncover some deep targets that I have missed in the past. Looking forward to a program to explore is the fun factor the Impact brings to the table for me. And trusting another one of its many programs is another factor when hunting. I don't like when the dirt or iron is messing with my hunt. I want to find a way to beat it and uncover what it is hiding. As I have said before if you have the Impact and the Deus you just can't go wrong on any hunt. Most of us have at least two detectors and for me this is the combo that I feel very confident with. In time a lot of people will be trying the Impact out and again the user has to bond with the machine. Lets give the Impact some time to get used and see what you all think. This is just the kickoff the game has not even started. I do wish I could read more about the users across the pond. They have so history and coins and relics we don't have and the ground and iron is crazy. Hope to read some of their thoughts

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 14, 2017 05:52AM
I was certainly hesitant about the battery life as well when I first read reviews, but i see nothing wrong with it anymore. The F75 only uses 4 AA batteries. Yes it can get like 30+ hours of use time...but im sure Nokta knows that the technology they put into the machine makes it so its using the power it needs too and can't really change it at this point...i mean as long as I can get a full day out of a detector that's okay by me and the testers seem to be acknowledging they can. The Deus has a lithium battery and im lucky to get 10 hours with mine before I need to charge it again. And since nokta is offering rechargeables with the Pro pack, that's a plus as well