Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's really going on with the Impact..???

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's really going on with the Impact..???
March 13, 2017 10:13PM
I want to point out that everything is give and take in the VLF world..

And the Impact I feel after 5 months of use is alot like I feel about the Relic model ....But now it's Everyone's Dream Detector instead of a Relic Hunters Dream unit like the Relic...

Actually I'm leaning towards the Impact as my Relic machine now..I see it has definite advantages over the Relic in Iron in terms of stabilization of iron..I can give a slight edge on depth to the Relic BUT the relic will dig more deep iron too than the Impact thinking it's good..

There's only so much than can happen with a VLF transmission technology unit as of right now and I feel the Impact is World Class in that arena..

It's got 3 switchable freqs....HUGE advantage...albeit not able to run more than one at a time..it's still HUGE and especially at the price point!!!

Its Updatable Via Internet...HUGE!!

It's as robust as any machine I've ever ran..maybe even stronger!You can't break this machine...Id hate to get hit in the head with this unit..

Its got the feature in it that make MakNoks unique ..the Audio ...Like I've told Alper...that's His Sauce right there...The way He/His Team does Audio..Bleedy and Blendy...it's the Company's DNA signature..

It's has a NEW WAY of doing MIXED MODE..And to me that's HUGE...

Think if the Impact as a Racer 3 if you will..Full Bells and Whistles unit...A Finished product Idea..

There's no outrageous claims I can come across to make ..the Red Racer set the bar high for SIMPLE UNMASKING...I've even stated this ..I felt cheated..I had to work for decades to hone my skill level for working/massaging signals out of iron... then overnight a Red Racer changed the game in that environ..

So we have the MakNok unmasking DNA recipe in a machine that is more Flexible..More adaptable..More User driven application worthy...A real SAUCY Racer we now have...

It's still a VLF unit and its still adheres to laws of physics..

Yet at the Price point and the Company's Commitment and it is as good as any relic and coin VLF going right now it's easy to appreciate the unit for what it is..a solid performer that will make alot of finds ANYWHERE if you learn it..Especially with Coil options...and a person (Alper) who is trying to please you with downloadable updates...I know there's other updateable units out there Via the Net..BUT do they work with the end user and try to get what you want out in the open in front of everyone...And are passionate about it happening this way??..

There's alot of Excellent units out there that's no denying..DEUS...DeepTech..AT-PRO...MXT...CTX...Tejon...F75/T2...F19..Racer...Relic and so on...And the Impact is just that a Excellent VLF unit...

If you want a magic stick...Good Luck!!

The Bar in the VLF world as of the last decade has been set high through Processing...and the Impact is as Processed as any machine going and if you look close and pay attention it's doing some neat tricks that doesn't require skill levels of 30 plus years to get above average performance......Yes a skilled person can push it further and achieve more but for the average Joe/Jolene to even advanced operator processing is doing so much for you...

Companies are really coming into there on with this processing,,, some faster than others..and it seems MakNok has a Younger design team and are more in tune with PROGRAMMING and CODING and such..the gamer generation if you will...those guys are SMART in the Digital world!!

It's a great thing we are witnessing ..the Birth and rise of a World Contender in a short period of time and most of its is through 21st century tech...they USE the Digital world for all its worth at MakNok..

So if you look at the VLF world and the Digital World I feel MakNok is combining them faster than anyone RIGHT NOW ...

VLF is VLF Is VLF so to speak...its what can be DONE to it that is what's exciting right now.....

Unmasking is the New 'my machine is deeper than yours' thought process we used to have back in the day before we knew about masking..and there's a alot of Great Unmaskers in the battle...And MakNOk is one of them..

The future is going to be Digital and I'm also sure as time goes on direct sells factory to you...Eventually you will buy a pod and or a coil factory direct and they will service your equipment sort of like a cable company checks your cable box now when you have a problem..if it's unfixable and if you have the warranty you get a new one..if not the pod or coil can be purchased....

one comment ..

I'd like to see a metal armrest like the T'2 has so I can form it to my arm....I hate arm straps...I dig so many hole its a nuisance to tighten and untighten just to keep it tight on my arm..

Oh Yeah as of late I'm worrying about deep unmasking...LOL..that's the next big jump..

We have machine to get a 10 inch dime and we have machines to unmask a 3 inch dime in nails..we need a machine that can unmask a ten inch dime in the worst SURFACE nails ...winking smiley

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2017 10:58PM by Keith Southern.
Re: What's really going on with the Impact..
March 13, 2017 10:19PM
How does the audio on the Nokta/Makro units compare to Garrett's proportional audio? Is it similar in any way?
March 13, 2017 10:32PM
''I'd like to see a metal armrest like the T'2 has so I can form it to my arm....I hate arm straps...I dig so many hole its a nuisance to tighten and untighten just to keep it tight on my arm..''

Keith are you saying that you had to use the strap ? does the Impact fall away from your arm without it ? the way the ForsCore used to for me (thats why i sold it).
March 13, 2017 10:46PM
Just as informative yet CLEANER..more precise..it rolls but it is clean..if that makes sense..not alot of SPLATTER..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 13, 2017 10:51PM
It has a racer armrest..its sort of wide...I like a gripping sides armrest like the T2...It is nicer than the CoRe one.. that one is too short sided...

The Impact is fine width with jacket but bare arm its a bit wide..and the arm strap takes care of it but I hate arm straps...

By the way the Impact balances very well and feels very good in the grip...nothing like a CoRe model..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
March 13, 2017 10:59PM
What I'm seeing out of the impact threads, is that the more/longer it is used...the more positives about it are coming to life. I really like audio, so the fact that the audio is suppose to be that good is encouraging, as well as it's ability to find targets in iron. I know Tom's comparisons are mainly based on its ability vs the F75, and I own an F75...but I may just have to buy an Impact and see how I like it compared the F75 and go from there
March 14, 2017 01:58AM
Illbe anxious to se what the consensus is once there out and in use worldwide..

Will it be the Holy Grail of VLFs or settle into a Top tier contender??

Will it one day be spoken of as the F75???? The T-2???

one thing for sure that always pops into my mind is the price point Vs Performance..

At Pro for the fact...500.00 dollars sure gets alot of users...And rightfully so..heck of a force...and like I say can hold it's own with skillset..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: What's really going on with the Impact..???
March 14, 2017 02:30AM
Re: What's really going on with the Impact..???
March 15, 2017 12:20AM
That sounds crazy to me, because I would describe proportional audio as both tight and clean (at least on good targets). You just made me want an impact even more than I do already smiling smiley