Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus v4 released

Posted by hastings 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus v4 released
March 14, 2017 02:55PM
Re: Deus v4 released
March 14, 2017 06:03PM
March 14, 2017 07:11PM
I like the oscilloscope feature

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
March 14, 2017 08:41PM
Well that was disappointing.
Gave it a 30 minute whirl in a neighborhood park,,,,round sound is gone and tones are "hazy" at best.
I'll try another update and see if it improves
March 14, 2017 11:43PM
shoveler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well that was disappointing.
> Gave it a 30 minute whirl in a neighborhood park,,
> ,,round sound is gone and tones are "hazy" at best
> .
> I'll try another update and see if it improves

Thanks for the report Shoveler.----Please keep us informed as to how it performs.
March 15, 2017 12:20AM
I think that took longer then the Impact did!

Looking forward to how the upgrade pans out.

-Cal
March 15, 2017 04:13AM
I wont be upgrading to version 4,still prefer version2 on both of my machines,the Deus in my mind is mainly a audio detector,version2 has a far better audio,albeit it does not have full tones but as i hate having my brain fried.My personal opinion is that the audio on V2 is more more analogue than version 3.2 which is more digitised.

Version 4 may well be good,but i use what works best for me and that is good old reliable V2,certainly wont be getting the new HF as that is mainly just for the gold markets ie Aussieland,Nevada and upper Bongo land,no good for my UK sites,the current 4 freq's are just right for me.
March 15, 2017 04:47AM
I did a Monte nailboard test. I was impressed. Vol 4 seems to do a lot better than 3.2. Have video uploading now. 9" coil passes using deus fast program. Awesome
March 15, 2017 08:49AM
The "Heart Shape" is very touching Keith!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 15, 2017 09:23PM
I have never been that high on detecting with the XY screen(prefer the whore'shoe) but it's nice to have that as a program option now. However , the more I use it the more I see that a solid target will be a solid line regardless of the composition , so it's really of little use. I can't tell if the new higher frequency carries over to the full tone option or not ,,,if it expanded the entire tone range it would be nice but I think it is strictly a high VDI addition. I was able to recover most of the "round sound" but had to go to audio resp 4 to get it consistently which is too high as it loses modulation on shallow targets so I'm not crazy about that. It did seem to improve the ability to reject bottle caps but that may need to be confirmed in a different site.

I am going to reload it and see if things remain the same,,,,at this point rather ambivalent about the update,,,,definitely not developed with coin and jewelry hunting in modern trash in mind
March 15, 2017 10:24PM
Audio is far better than 3.2. I'm talking about multitones. Cans, screw caps are easy to distinguish right now... but bottle caps... hymmm still not good enough, but trashed cans yes. Audio is crisp and clear with minus disc. and reactivity 2.5... but tih machine is not deep monster still.

Sorry but this is true and you can get few more models fast like Deus but not wireless.

For best performance with reactivity 2.5 silencer is -1 and not connected to reactivity. With all metal, multitones you need to sweep slowly, because machine cut sound... with right sweep speed we have almost perfect audio respond and both kind ferrous and non - ferous item description.
March 18, 2017 04:12PM
V4 apparently has issues...And remote battery loses power faster

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2017 04:14PM by diggers.
March 18, 2017 04:20PM
Yes serious troubles in XP... so we have 4.1 soon and lot of patches... Maybe new HF coils are the problem for hardware... and you can't reconcile both ideas together... this is kind of one way road.
March 19, 2017 03:26AM
Update bugs have been promptly sorted by XP. Personally I haven't noticed any issue with power consumption - been using V4.0 for a couple of extended hunts now on the same charge.
March 19, 2017 05:42AM
I'm very pleased with V4.0 ... download went quickly and smoothly and I have no problems.

Most of my hunting is on dry sand beaches and I'm especially loving the HOT program with it's discrimination down to minus 6.4. The detector seems to be in high gear and the signals for coins and ring sized objects very easy to identify. I went through a bed of aluminum can slaw last week with V 3.2 and it was so frustrating that it was impossible to detect successfully. With 4.0 coin signals were very obvious and I was stunned to find so many coins.

Ring success has not been demonstrated yet...but I'll bring my calibration rings next time. I have two 14K rings...2g and 6g tied onto a string. I normally use them to see if local conditions have an effect on depth. I'll tweak one program to hit best on gold rings and then use that throughout the season here.

Joe
March 19, 2017 08:53AM
Can users give an appraisal of the hodograph xy screen ?As to its accuracy?
March 19, 2017 08:54AM
Try do update your 4.0 today. They still change version 4.0 without official announcement. Lot of bugs. Last few versions was problem with audio frequency and stability. So is good to update it again. Sorry folks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2017 08:59AM by Shelton.
March 20, 2017 12:13PM
Shelton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try do update your 4.0 today. They still change ve
> rsion 4.0 without official announcement. Lot of bu
> gs. Last few versions was problem with audio frequ
> ency and stability. So is good to update it again.
> Sorry folks.

seems very strange to me.....after all this time it finally gets released and its buggy?
March 20, 2017 01:15PM
Nothing strange. Is nothing new.
March 22, 2017 09:48AM
Is it bug free yet??

How would the xy screen react to a board?? In what sector for gold hoard ?