Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How Do You Stay Looking Cool When You Are Swinging A Detector And Crawling Around On The Ground Digging Holes?

Posted by tabman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The headphones, knee pad and nail apron are a nice touch. Any advice would be helpful. LOL

tabman
It requires skill and I use a handheld camera while I'm detecting and digging and I still look cool.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Stay cool looking? 1) be cool looking to begin with 2) don't sweat it!

Sweat is my biggest problem. I can put on a medium-heavy shirt over my short sleeve shirt and sweat in 50 degree weather. My thermostat's been messed up since an auto accident in '94.

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
You get comfortable in your own skin. Posers who care about "looking cool" would be well advised to find another hobby.

PS - I wouldn't say it will make you look cooler, but if you start using pants with built in kneepads, you'll never go back to kneepads that go on the outside. So much more comfortable and they stay in place effortlessly.
I kind of spice it up with a hand towel looped over my belt to have it handy to clean off coins and wipe my hands with. It make me feel like a NFL QB.

I try to use one that accents well with my shirt that I'm wearing. LOL

tabman
I don't detect in town much these days, much prefer the solitude of the forests searching through old house ruins - jeans, T-Shirt, sturdy footwear and my finds pouch is about it during summer. smiling smiley
Have a dog with you. That will make you look more normal, and provide a distraction from your uncool activities.
No body ever sees me..

Yet I just carry a etool and detector..No knee pads No carry pouch no gloves ..

I don't crawl on the ground usually squat..

Stick my finds in snuff cans..

Lol..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
in some areas, a safety vest and/or hardhat, that way it looks like you are working for the city or something.
A raisen hanging out of one nostril is pretty cool.----Discourages on lookers to!thumbs down
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A raisen hanging out of one nostril is pretty cool
> .----Discourages on lookers to!thumbs down

smiling smileywinking smileythumbs down
I frequently do the dog thing ,,,big red sumbitch with wild eyes but I'm definitely going to try thisspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Spandex on the beach. The babes love it.
Tough in winter but worth it.
tabman Wrote:
> The headphones, knee pad and nail apron are a nice
> touch. Any advice would be helpful. LOL
>
> tabman

I'm thinking "apron" is probably not on the list of "cool" things a guy can wear.
Just saying.

Bryan
You pull up on one of these and it wont matter what you look like....Lol

[www.youtube.com]
I wear plaid shorts a Polo and a hat. Carry a golf club so when they look at me they think I am just playing golf. When they see me on my knees I tell them I'm looking for my ball.
wjs Wrote:
> You pull up on one of these and it wont matter wha
> t you look like....Lol
>
> [www.youtube.com]

German helmet and "Bad to The Bone" on the boom box!!
How Do You Stay Looking Cool? The same way I do when I'm out taking snapshots... smileys with beer

I wear one of my 5 Teknetics ball caps and one of my cool detecting related T-shirts to fit the part and try to look cool. I wear a Garrett camouflage coin and trash pouch that holds my digger and pinpointer on it. You guy's let me tell you a secret that has gotten me more permissions to hunt than anything else I have done. And that secret is to be clean shaven I know it sounds nuts but it works for me. If you look professional and clean cut it works on getting permission to hunt. One of my buddies tried to get permission at this one house and he had a 3-4 day beard going on and the owner told him no. A couple weeks later I show up looking professional and clean cut and I got permission at the same house. It works I'm telling you. LOL
Just be smooth and natural....idea is to blend in.....
Beyonders idea works bought a used fire dept. windbreaker at sallies and everyone thought I was working I guess as I sort of blended in as working or the like....
I just make sure I look cooler than ozzie and go...
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
in some areas, a safety vest and/or hardhat, that way it looks like you are working for the city or something.

I have done this!
I went to thrift stores and found an orange vest and down the line I found a hard hat.
A friend of a friend, who trims trees for the city, got me the right sticker.

Add a white pick up truck, a roll cart with a couple of trash cans on it, a rake sticking out of one, light stands throwing light.......
You could pull the pick up up on the grass in a park, stage your props, and dig to China.
No one would say a word.
(best done after closing time)

Or just bring a few friends along to make it look more convincing.

LOL
TexHunter Wrote:
How Do You Stay Looking Cool? The same way I do when I'm out taking snapshots... smileys with beer

Brother! you carry a lot of gear!