Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

my xp dues is making me sad

Posted by master_cat 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
my xp dues is making me sad
March 16, 2017 12:44AM
Iv tried about everything i know its only air testing at 7 to 8 inches on a civil war bullet thats with the 11 inch coil tx power 3 dis at 0 with silencer at neg 1 i went hunting with a buddy and he has a bounty hunter he was getting signals in my camp that i have ask me to check it mine would not give a sound he would dig bullet at 5 inches it goes off on every blade or stick it touches my nine inch coil is no better
Re: my xp dues is making me sad
March 16, 2017 02:27AM
Sounds like a ground balance issue.
March 16, 2017 03:32AM
Sounds like a silencer at -1 issue to me.
Seems I saw one of Gary B's videos over on the XP website about some issues like that,,,,might go check those tutorials out a bit.
March 16, 2017 09:50AM
Coil problem, my guess......sensitive to touch.
March 16, 2017 11:37AM
What is your reactivity set at - that will make a world of difference if set too high, not to mention the frequency used.
March 16, 2017 01:30PM
Try lowering your reactivity smiling smiley
March 17, 2017 03:29PM
Very possible you have a faulty unit even if bought new....still remember buying new and getting a faulty one that was fixed under warranty.
March 22, 2017 10:25AM
Obviously its worth checking the settings but as a general rule it should be better depth wise,the trouble is that when someone is not getting the depth from a new machine as what it should give you,then its a case of altering all the settings and in some cases not sure what they do,can infact inhibit the problem even more so,so sometimes it may well be worth going back too basics and start again maybe with a different base programme then start altering a few of the common settings like sensitivity and reducing discrimination down,also lower Khz can give you some extra depth as well.Full tones is often a popular option that folks use.

In some cases in may not be the machine for you,sometimes folks just cannot GEL with certain detectors.