Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impact Field Test from the Hooverboys

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Impact Field Test from the Hooverboys
March 22, 2017 01:56PM
CAUTION MAKING WAVES!!!

While I do appreciate them taking the time to do a review video, and it is entertaining, I feel the video provides very little information about the machine. Anyone can have video of a machine, show a hole with a coin in it, and say that the machine works great. Where is the machine in action in this video? IMO, when you are doing a review video, what you are thinking based on what the machine is telling you, IS, for gods sake, IS the MOST important part of the review!

Take any Bill S. video. He shows you what the machine is telling him. He then gives his opinion about what he is thinking, and then digs the target(BTW watching him swing from target to target(his last video) was nice, but I felt it wasn't needed). I am watching him dig junk from start to finish and LEARNING about the machine. THAT"S a true field review.

When the FEET of snow melt, I will do a few videos(that will be for the "If you don't like it make your own" crowd) and you can chop me down.
March 22, 2017 08:38PM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CAUTION MAKING WAVES!!!
>
> While I do appreciate them taking the time to do a
> review video, and it is entertaining, I feel the v
> ideo provides very little information about the ma
> chine. Anyone can have video of a machine, show a
> hole with a coin in it, and say that the machine w
> orks great. Where is the machine in action in this
> video? IMO, when you are doing a review video, wha
> t you are thinking based on what the machine is te
> lling you, IS, for gods sake, IS the MOST importan
> t part of the review!
>
> Take any Bill S. video. He shows you what the mach
> ine is telling him. He then gives his opinion abou
> t what he is thinking, and then digs the target(BT
> W watching him swing from target to target(his las
> t video) was nice, but I felt it wasn't needed). I
> am watching him dig junk from start to finish and
> LEARNING about the machine. THAT"S a true field re
> view.
>
> When the FEET of snow melt, I will do a few videos
> (that will be for the "If you don't like it make y
> our own" crowd) and you can chop me down.

Don't disagree with anything you've said, but will throw a few more details out there. I totally would've liked to seen Kurt comparing signals he got on the Impact with Brad's F75 and vice versa. That said, he did say that he's hunted this IHP field several times without a single keeper. On the hunt he killed it with the Impact, Brad (who usually kicks everyone elses butts with finds) only got a single IHP, as did Bill. So while it doesn't give us the full field experience we enjoy to learn more about the machines operations, it still gives a nice data point that he was able to make many finds from a hunted out spot that the other two hunters struggled to get one IHP. I have a spot very much like this, whereas I first detected it with my F75 (many, many times actually) and then back to back after detecting it with my F75 and getting zilch, the Racer 1 found two silver coins and two other period coins on the same hunt.

This was from a dried up spot that hadn't produced silver in over two years, so I can appreciate how the Impact did for Kurt at the IHP field, it does tell me something about the detector, but there's lots more to learn about the Impact and hopefully future field hunting videos will convey more useful information for us.

-Cal
March 22, 2017 11:02PM
Unfortunately many of these videos are: "This here came outta that there hole".
March 23, 2017 12:01AM
I've been meaning to start making videos for my YouTube channel and I will say that I haven't had much success because it's not the easiest thing to do. It cuts out a lot of detecting time having to fuss with a camera and run back and forth across a field to different people to check finds and the like. And then having to edit it all has to be crazy. I'm sure Kurt just wanted to USE the impact at first, just to get a general feeling of how it worked. He said he has more videos coming up with the impact in it and I'm looking forward to them. Would much rather see the videos people are putting out than ones staged by a manufacturer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2017 12:02AM by DigDugNY.
March 23, 2017 08:33AM
DigDugNY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been meaning to start making videos for my Yo
> uTube channel and I will say that I haven't had mu
> ch success because it's not the easiest thing to d
> o. It cuts out a lot of detecting time having to f
> uss with a camera and run back and forth across a
> field to different people to check finds and the l
> ike. And then having to edit it all has to be craz
> y. I'm sure Kurt just wanted to USE the impact at
> first, just to get a general feeling of how it wor
> ked. He said he has more videos coming up with the
> impact in it and I'm looking forward to them. Wou
> ld much rather see the videos people are putting o
> ut than ones staged by a manufacturer.

By not seeing a target located and dug, who's to say that was not staged.