Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Iron vs aluminun

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Iron vs aluminun
March 21, 2017 01:29AM
All these new machines are great. I love it. Always on the prowl for the next best detector. Compared to detectors I've used through the past 40 years the ones I've used of late are light years ahead of the good ole days. Unmasking, separating ferrous from non ferrous, maybe depth, but I think that's reached the max on these vlf machines, is just wonderful. But ya know guys. It's a fact that our biggest pain in the hind end nowadays is aluminum. Years and years of folks throwing this trash on top of relic sites, parks, etc. where coin hunters frequent, are plagued with this trash. Don't get me wrong guys, I appreciate all that the manufacturers do and have done to offer us these great machines. But for me at this point I believe I'll just keep what I've got, which is a T2 SE/ dst and T2 Classic, until they're able to somehow come up with a detector which will identify aluminum as iron without affecting the good stuff, if that's how we wish to set up the machine. Do you folks ever think of this or is that technology you think too improbable
Re: Iron vs aluminun
March 21, 2017 01:52AM
To be able to "identify aluminum and iron" better........ is Phase-1.
To be able to "see through" aluminum and iron is Phase-100 !
March 21, 2017 02:22AM

To be able to "see through" aluminum and iron is Phase-100 !

Well, if you saw through aluminum you'd be missing out. Gather up those aluminum shards until you have at least 50 pounds and you can get 7 cents on the pound at recycling centers. winking smiley
March 21, 2017 06:13AM
Foil && Sig

Two-frequency detectors will be very good at recognizing the foil, as well as other metals.
When AKA Intronik comes out, pay attention to it, it uses two frequencies simultaneously at work.
March 21, 2017 10:10AM
Biggest problem we have at a few schoolyards are those students, adults who leave their soda pop, beer cans lying in the grass. When the ugly monster lawn cutting thing a ma-jig flies by, it picks up those cans, cuts them up into bite size pieces, spits them out to fertilize the schoolyard for us detectorists. I have two now known as Can Slaw City.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
March 21, 2017 08:34PM
The kids leave em...... the grass cutters won't get off the tractor to pick em up. After a many years, there are thousands of mangled bits of aluminum for us to remove....lovely.
March 21, 2017 08:50PM
Is the Intronika gonna be released in 2017?
March 21, 2017 11:57PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be able to "identify aluminum and iron" better.
> ....... is Phase-1.
> To be able to "see through" aluminum and iron is P
> hase-100 !

Wonder if they can come up with a technique that mimics gravitational lensing in astronomy. Instead of seeing through aluminum, why can't you somehow go around it or reflect or deflect
from it. Maybe two different technologies like VLF and radar or some other form of ultra high frequency.
March 22, 2017 07:19AM
Diggs4ever Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is the Intronika gonna be released in 2017?

It is in the debugging stage of the software.
Debugging can last a long time ...
March 24, 2017 12:10AM
There is a detector that can see aluminum as iron. It's the DRS Ground Exper Pro.
However it's discrimination is best used to find silver and gold that is larger
that a ring size object in order to eliminate from pull tab to the aluminum can
objects.