Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Golden uMax New Tones?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Golden uMax New Tones?
April 14, 2017 04:57PM
I know some on Here are Tesoro fans. I was wondering those that have used both New and Old Tone Golden see any Depth difference? Always Heard Old tone not a Depth demon? I have a New Tone that's is pretty Hot. Digging Coins close to 9" in My Mild Ground with High tone and repeatable.
Maybe I got a Hot one or are most New Tones this Hot?
Re: Golden uMax New Tones?
April 14, 2017 10:46PM
My golden has old tones...works well,just found a gold ring with it the other day.
I've only had mine out a few times so far, still learning the language...as far as depth goes I'm getting coins at 6" to 7" with the brown 8" donut coil.
My soil is pretty mild as well...my problem is learning the Canadian clad language...nothing like your US coins.
The up side...I'm digging one and two dollar coins,sure adds up quickly...got a five dollar coin coming out I'm toldsmiling smiley

Whimp

HH.

Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know some on Here are Tesoro fans. I was wonderi
> ng those that have used both New and Old Tone Gold
> en see any Depth difference? Always Heard Old tone
> not a Depth demon? I have a New Tone that's is pre
> tty Hot. Digging Coins close to 9" in My Mild Grou
> nd with High tone and repeatable.
> Maybe I got a Hot one or are most New Tones this H
> ot?
April 14, 2017 11:58PM
Yeah I got the Brown Donut on mine. Deeper than oval 8×9 for sure. I think a lot has to do with how You set it up. I run 0 Disc. As low as it will go and Sens. As High as will go before chatter and threshold slight Hum.
Same way I run a CZ Basically. Just let Tones and Modulation tell Me what to dig.
August 25, 2017 04:21PM
Hi Harold,
I saw a very nice new toned Golden uMax on the 'depot at a price I was comfortable with and couldn't resist it. I should have it in hand sometime next week. I am hoping it is at least as good as my first new tone model was.

I hear you are still enjoying yours.

HH
Mike
August 26, 2017 02:51PM
From what I understand..old tones were too close and new ones were changed because of this..imagine depth was the same.....of course depending on tuning may vary...