Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

DeepTech Warrior Outing

Posted by Ziggy 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
DeepTech Warrior Outing
April 18, 2017 11:58PM
DeepTech Vista Warrior 18 kHz outing

Back at the start of the month I acquired two new permissions, small permissions to say the least but any ground is worth a search I feel.
So off I packed for a good few hours in the sun this afternoon to one of these little fields tucked back from an old river.

Had a word with the owner and he went over it about 20 years ago with a machine, I asked what model but he can't recall a brand, was shortly after he moved in to the place.

He said he found some bits and bobs but nothing amazing of what he recalls and I got the feeling he gave up shortly after he started.

So today it was a tester to see if the field would deserve another outing, always fun placing the coil down on fields like this, many people want the big lands but small areas can be just as rewarding with less effort to cover.

Unpacked the Warrior and was ready to get going, grass was a little long in places but the Warrior has punch so even with searching with the coil five inches off the ground I knew finds would be on the table if there.

I started off doing the perimeter and was getting some signals here and there but was tent ringlets and lead also shotgun cartridges... so the menu was being read out as usual.

Then popped up a part of a buckle and a pistol ball shortly after so things were picking up, good few signals around so I was digging well in the sun even though after five inches of soft turf the ground turned into hard pack with flint and stones.
I thought my test fields was hard going but this was setting the bar to another level.

But I carried on and pulled a nice intact Thimble, I've always liked finding these and have had about six to seven in the past so another is always welcome.

After the perimeter walk and one up and down the middle I got a good solid hit, really was a clanger that you could never turn down and I could tell it had a little depth on it, this turned out to be a Crotal Bell down around the eight inch mark and was able to raise the coil a good distance still before digging.
Crotal Bells are another find that I've enjoyed unearthing and this one was intact and will clean nice... can't believe some people haven't found any of these before, had two or three of these in a day in the past.

So after around four hours of searching and digging in hard ground I was happy to walk away with some bits and bobs, the Warrior performed spot on, it really has some pace also in the busy areas, I found this out on a dumping area right at the top of the field, signals were jumping out with every sweep of the coil but the Warrior dealt with this work load easy to say the least, really sounded off each bit of iron well and made no mash of the audio in the process.

Good afternoon with this machine so was happy to come home for a cuppa after showing the land owner what has laid in his field for before he'd moved in.

Found out some cracking information also, in the woodlands about a quarter mile up from the back of this field is a old fallen Manor House, soon as he mentioned this I asked "who owns the woodland", found out the owner has a little cabin up there but lives in London so I sure will be posting my calling card through his cabin door.

Good day and a couple of nice finds makes it all worthwhile.
Do it all again very soon, wouldn't want it any other way.

Let's see what the Warrior can find on the next outing.

Re: DeepTech Warrior Outing
April 19, 2017 07:56AM
Nice finds ziggy. Haven't seen/heard much on the warrior beyond the couple vids Keith did on it a while back.

Keep us posted on the manor house hunt thumbs down
April 19, 2017 09:25AM
Good deal Ziggy.
I also like finding crotal bells and thimbles, good sign.....found a silver thimble a couple years back. Most of these thimbles are rather small, don't even fit on my pinky.
April 19, 2017 12:36PM
Nice finds. The Warrior is a great detector. With iron audio off I have not seen a detector that runs as quiet as this one in iron trash.

Rick
April 19, 2017 07:43PM
Rick, N. MI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice finds. The Warrior is a great detector. With
> iron audio off I have not seen a detector that run
> s as quiet as this one in iron trash.
>
> Rick

Do you mean the Smart plus ? the Warrior does not have iron audio
April 19, 2017 11:14PM
Ok I mean 2 tone switched off. Which turns the iron tone off and you have only a high tone on hits. No low tone on iron.

Rick
April 20, 2017 10:05PM
Nice Aaron!!

Love the warrior!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
May 06, 2017 12:22AM
Cheers Folks, upgraded to the iPhone 6s and lost all passwords till now, so hope all are well since last time... off out meteorite hunting in England soon, first time for everything so they say so I'm going to have a dabble as its always been something on the to do list, chances of outcome are slim to find a space rock but you've got to be in it to win it i guess.

Also made a little clip on the Super Six Vs the Pitbull coil, for sure interesting on the rock...... (Video here) [youtu.be]

Happy Hunting over this weekend all..
May 06, 2017 02:05AM
Nice digs, never have found a crotal bell, I don't think they were used on the west coast.

Meteorite hunting, that sounds interesting, I've always wanted to try it.

hh,
Cal
May 22, 2017 05:50AM
https://youtu.be/5VujUXo2NBs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2017 05:50AM by vfp7.
May 23, 2017 02:29AM
Nice hunt!!!!!!!!!!
HH
Corey
June 24, 2017 07:35PM
a few live digs with this brilliant machine

Video Here.... [youtu.be]
June 24, 2017 07:55PM
"Nice depth of field on those photos! Camera?

If memory serves me right, I searched for 'meteorite' many years ago and the original 'Musketeer' was a decent choice followed by (I think) the MXT?"
June 28, 2017 10:52AM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Nice depth of field on those photos! Camera?
>
> If memory serves me right, I searched for 'meteori
> te' many years ago and the original 'Musketeer' wa
> s a decent choice followed by (I think) the MXT?"

Thank you..... iPhone 6s and Sony HDR CX 240