Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nautilus DMC IIB destroyer of metal detecting world...

Posted by Shelton 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nautilus DMC IIB destroyer of metal detecting world...
April 23, 2017 08:38PM
I was tested almost all machines on market... and after many years I was bought used Nautilus DMC IIB and IIBa... and my metal detecting world was fall down. I'm crushed, I'm destroyed.... and I don't know what think about it.

This old and ugly shoes box machine is outstanding, awesome... after few hours my brain was formated... for new discriminator. I'm part of machine... and this is weird. I'm using Spectra V3i in stereo mixed mode... but Nautilus is something more. Strange feeling.

Tribute for Tyndall Electronics and Jerry Tyndall. This guy was pure genius in metal detecting world. Why Garrett or Whites can't copy it... right?
Re: Nautilus DMC IIB destroyer of metal detecting world...
April 23, 2017 09:09PM
My fave detector of all time lovely audio a joy to learn and use.
April 23, 2017 10:34PM
Never used one but understand goes deep for the southern boys in difficult ground and the pick of many relic hunters..Jerry's untimely death was a shock...to the hobby...
April 23, 2017 10:40PM
The DMC 2ba is worthy of induction into the relic hunting hall of fame. I wish I could find a nice used one for sale. The sad thing is that when Mr Tyndall passed, that was tithe end of production and repairs. I have often wondered why one of the larger manufacturers has not bought out the patents and started production back up or digitized and updated the design and produced a new version.
April 24, 2017 12:06AM
Hands down Nautilus DMC2B is still the deepest in good soil and the only machine that made a 'True" Relic Hunting' Machine. The DMC2B will never be made or copy by other company's for reason which I know will not disclose here in detail. All Nautilus are hand made and each unit is set super high standards are made best parts and tuned . The Nautilus's coils are still today the only hand made coil and also designed be adjusted set to handle and adjusted there Un-Match Transit Power then any VLF and even some P.I. on market The DMC2B is still the only machine still to fully adjust coil to power and outside Temp each time you hunt for pure power and super stable hunting and max depth. If you are looking to find super deep Relics/ Coins and learn the DMC2B tones you never hunt with any other machine. , You will dig and find targets missed by all other. Most Nautilus users and "old school' long time relic hunters that dug tons relics with them. in past and like myself still use today. You will not see Nautilus users posting there finds or Y-tube
to boost there ego's . Welcome to Nautilus family, FYI Wayne Lee in N.C. is running the Nautilus doing, repairs, coil and new DMC2Bcan be made [ Check Under Facebook "Nautilus Metal Detectors "

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2017 02:48AM by relicstevemd.
April 24, 2017 02:05AM
Well said relicstevemd. A lot of Youtube Glory Hounds nowadays. They don't realise they are cutting there own throat just to Be the internet King.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2017 04:29PM by Harold,ILL..
April 24, 2017 08:03AM
Some big EGO folks say very bad opinions about that unit. But never used it.

They say - antic machine... well... maybe but for me performs very well... and I have many machines... to compare.. and this ugly box wins!
April 24, 2017 11:02AM
Wayne Lee owns the company now.........last i heard he was doing some repairs and coils. He made it sound like he wanted to open the company back up and sell them. He was a friend to Tyndall and got ownership by buying his portion. Then when the other owner died a few years back he owned it all and was given a basement full of machines and parts from his widow.

Dew
April 24, 2017 11:58AM
I'm keeping both fingers crossed for Wayne! I hope he start with it again.
April 24, 2017 06:55PM
Very good deep unit ...maybe deepest VLF ever made in my opinion...

Good unmasking but not great unmasking..even 25 years ago we would use a nautilus everywhere except thick iron...Always had a silver sabre set aside for the iron even back then..

true legendary status unit to be sure..always felt the Nautilus DMC's were actually running one coil on two units at once...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 24, 2017 06:58PM
Right Keith. Here in Europe is kind of Holly Grail in metal detecting world. Nobody see it but many hear something about it. Some peoples are shocked, but this is nothing special. Modern version should have faster recovery speed.
April 24, 2017 07:08PM
I would think lower disc accept would help alot ....

What I do is shut off all metal channel in heavy iron and turn disc real low ..basically..

this is one reason the DMC 2b is superior to the a=Auto model I have more control of the all emtala side of the signal when the need arises..for less depth or more depth on that side

Plus I can tell when my coil is starting to go of on the R and C..

I use to have a DMC pre B=Boost......the old TRAIN WHISTLE model...I sent it to Jerry and he added the Boost to it....that was a scorcher...It was right about the time the DMC 2b arrived...I swear my old train whistle with factory added modified boost was the deepest of any Nautilus I ever ran..

Also had a Low Q coil added to it for my severe dirt..never should've sold it..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2017 07:21PM by Keith Southern.
April 24, 2017 07:17PM
What a story. Thank you Keith. Some old items are still cool enough and is good to hear it in modern Ipad generation world winking smiley
April 24, 2017 09:53PM
Yes Wayne Lee is going strong and even on Facebook If You want to get a hold of Him through there. Made Me a couple coils. Hated to sell mine just don't have the spots for it that I use to have. But I have owned 5 And one of My all time faves. To this day dug one of My Deepest Indians with it Coil per coil. It was at 12" With 8" coil on a IIBa. Next time You talk to Wayne ask Him about a Crazy Deep Breast plate He Dug with a DMC II That a Big Bad Minelab GPX 5000 walked over in Virgina. Lol.
April 25, 2017 10:58AM
Harold...... am i wrong, i got the hint Wayne had acquired the business and all the inventory, but didnt have a lot of the technical skills to introduce a NEW machine?

Dew
April 25, 2017 11:29AM
Old machine is good enough still... in my opinion. Some minor changes and we have winner!
April 25, 2017 03:45PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Harold...... am i wrong, i got the hint Wayne had
> acquired the business and all the inventory, but d
> idnt have a lot of the technical skills to introdu
> ce a NEW machine?
>
> Dew
Yes He will build You a New IIB, IIBa.
But No plans for a New Detector model.
April 25, 2017 05:38PM
And this is right way in my opinion. He should rebuild company from fundations first. Without infrastructure he can't do nothing.
Re: Nautilus DMC IIB and IIBa
April 30, 2017 02:36AM
I talked to Wayne and DMC IIB and the IIBa are available.. Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2017 02:48AM by RichardnTn.
Re: Nautilus DMC IIB and IIBa
April 30, 2017 06:17AM
Yes he is working on it.