Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Hunt #2 Finds Cavalry Pin grinning smiley

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Hunt #2 Finds Cavalry Pin grinning smiley
April 26, 2017 12:30AM
1860s house site that a school was built on later around turn of the century.

Place has been cherry picked a few times for sure as I didn't find much (especially coins). 1 wheat and a 1940 nickel but I did manage a nice cavalry pin!

Re: Deus Hunt #2 Finds Cavalry Pin grinning smiley
April 26, 2017 03:14AM
That's a nice Calvary pin, congrats!

I found pieces, but no joy on a complete one yet.

hh,
Cal
April 26, 2017 03:45PM
Nice work there on the find...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 26, 2017 06:41PM
Nice sabres..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 26, 2017 06:47PM
Awesome find !!!!!
HH
Corey
April 26, 2017 11:52PM
Nice find on the cavalry pin...

I found one in my home stomping grounds here in Kansas except mine has the #13 over the letter M whereas yours has the letter A. Mine is attributed to Fort Riley under General Blackjack Pershing during the Spanish/American war 1898.
April 27, 2017 02:33PM
Thanks guys

Was a neat piece to find up here in Michigan. As I said in the above - this place was a home site turned school and has been picked over pretty well but to say the flat iron and junk around the foundation is a nightmare to sift through is an understatement! That's where I pulled the piece out of. It read a mid tone mixed with iron/low tone but was repeatable and so I dug smiling smiley all others must have passed it by thinking it was junk!
April 27, 2017 04:37PM
Nice pin. I found a similar one a few years back
HH
John
April 27, 2017 05:25PM
I did mention to Wayne when he texted me a pic of the find that it should have a number on top..

its a indian wars or probably a spanish american war period piece..I'm thinking sold 1900 piece..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
April 27, 2017 07:52PM
Mine is missing a "5" unfortunately. Here's a link to a good page on them. Looks like they were used even up to the Korean war. Evolution of U.S. Cavalry Insignia
HH
John
April 30, 2017 12:39PM
Nice Sabre pin Wayne.-----My wife & I have found four of them over the years on our hunts.------One had the "9" on top & "D" on bottom-----another had "9" on top & "F" on bottom-----another had just the "9" on top-----and the other one had just the "2" on top.------Very interesting pieces, I wished I could post pictures of them.---------Del