Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What do you think Tom?

Posted by wlwalters 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What do you think Tom?
July 03, 2008 02:39AM
If Fisher is paying attention to feedback, they ought to know that they have a potential for a real winner if they combined the build quality of their F70 with the processor from the F75. I have both machines in my possession and looking at them it became obvious to me that if you took the F75 processor and mounted it the way they have the F70 and drop the trigger below the metal bar underneath it'll make for a more secure mount for the trigger and for the base of the processor. Also, I find that arm rest on the F70 is a better design with slots at the top for an optional velcro arm strap. Without the extension supporting the F75 processor you'll save weight as well. And, the S handle configuration of the F70 is a standard configuration that balances well. I think if you combined these features and called it something like the F80, with two coils - a stock coil (optional DD or concentric) and the 6" coil for hunting in trash. And set the price at a mid point between the F75 and F70. If Fisher did this I think they could recapture some of their former glory. Just my 2 cents worth.
I respectfully disagree............
July 03, 2008 11:44PM
First of all......it wouldnt be a new product. It would simply be a F75 with a different style rod. Hardly worth the trouble for First Texas.
Secondly......I FAR prefer the feel and comfort of the DFX/Xlt/F75 type pistol grip. While the ergonomics of the Fishers "S" rod detectors are a bit better than say the Whites Classic bend (something about the angle of the bend gives me forearm fatigue), I still find the pistol grip to be more comfortable, and think it causes less fatigue when I detect for 7 or 8 hours at a stretch.
I've had no issues with the build quality of my F75's at all!
While they may have trouble with a handgrip or two..over all I think its a pretty well built machine. I POUND mine...and it keeps on tickin!!!
probably closing on 1500 hours on my origonal one (14 months old now), and it still works like a clock.
BTW...if you havent gotten the 10" concentric yet........GET IT. not quite the separation qualities of the DD.....but AWESOME depth in a big clean field! I'm using it to clean some of my well pounded Colonial fields...and its producing,as the extra inches it gets is helping recover targets the Big DD couldnt get down to. (And thats DEEP). Streak!
Re: I respectfully disagree............
July 04, 2008 10:42AM
Everything ((( including life itself ))) is a evolutionary process. And then interject 'individual preference/taste'. The minute' differences between the F-70 vs. F-75 (and other detector config's... for that matter) can sometimes determine the difference between having the ability of detecting for ((say)) a continuous 9 consecutive hours without fatigue.... or fatiguging-out at a earlier time and quitting. But..... to me..... if the differences are physically somewhat small,,,, I have a tendency to "tolerate" a lot,,,, ESPECIALLY if the electronics are superior and my success is good. Personally, I have no complaints with either the 'S' rod config or the 'pistol grip' configuration. I do know that on some different brand detectors..... the 'S' portion of the rod is NOT pitched enough,,,, the degree-of-angle is shallow..... and can be physically fatiguging. To capture..... then measure personal taste; ..... then convert it to useful marketing data for re-engineering purposes.....can sometimes be difficult.

Tom