Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Watched your video, Inland coin...

Posted by Wingnut 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Watched your video, Inland coin...
July 04, 2008 06:21AM
Overall I liked your video. It made me think of some questions.
What kind of detector did you use in the video? Some sort of Fisher presumably.
And how do coil size affect things like masking and recovery time? I don't use a Fisher detector. But many things were still relevant to general metal detecting. I am new to metal detecting. I have had some pretty good success in the few times I have gone already. I think your video will help me even more.
Re: Watched your video, Inland coin...
July 04, 2008 11:00AM
Glad the DVD was helpful. I utilized the CZ-3D prototype..... although this does not matter..... as the DVD is for any brand detector/hunter.

On this web-site, you will find "Fisher Intelligence". ALL of your coil questions (and much more information) can be found in this book. It's free. Let me know if it answers your questions!

Tom
July 05, 2008 02:15AM
Yes that is a great book. I will have to read it some more. I didn't see anything about different coils but most likely it was 'masked' by the sheer volume of useful information. Thanks for making it available.
Oh, I am also ex Navy. And I worked (as a Air Force contractor) in Americas Black Space program for 9 years. Weird huh?
July 05, 2008 10:53AM
I believe the article was titled "Coil Size Myths"...... and also the article "Head-To-Head Comparison Testing" (first chapter in the 6th edition). Interlaced throughout this forum...... I also touch on this topic. Selecting coil type and size is very important....... along with 'how' the microprocessor processes the data. Electromagnetic 'footprint' dictates a bunch!

Your background is interesting!

Tom