Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher 1266x NOS!

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher 1266x NOS!
June 22, 2017 04:40PM
Here is a Rare find a 1266x NIB. Guy also as a CZ5 and 1235. Look at this on eBay [www.ebay.com]
Re: Fisher 1266x NOS!
June 22, 2017 07:35PM
Does it work comes to mind....even though not interested.....
June 22, 2017 09:27PM
Those Old Fishers built like tanks Dan,Dan, as You well know. No cheap plastic like ones Today.
June 24, 2017 04:18AM
Dang! Just Sold for 609.99!
I wonder How High the CZ5 Will go?
June 24, 2017 07:51AM
I would have gone for the 1235X in a second, but it out paced me, went off at $285.00

Los Banos machine, new in the box,.... pretty nice I must say.
June 24, 2017 03:12PM
Yeah That was cool too. I heard the 1236x was a better machine? And a fave of are very own Keith Southern.
June 24, 2017 03:28PM
Also wonder if First Texas would Honor Lifetime Warranty as card is in the Box?
Bet they would try and weasel out of it claiming It didn't come from a Dealer or some other loop hole.
As I would have to take it out and use it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 03:40PM by Harold,ILL..
June 24, 2017 05:29PM
Harold
Yeah That was cool too. I heard the 1236x was a better machine? And a fave of are very own Keith Southern.

Not to sound bias,.... the 1236X2 is nice, but incorporated a "silent search" option that few liked.
And, well,..... the 1236X2,... it became the machine that people bought when they couldn't find a 1235X.

Compare the "market life", and sales, of the two machines and the 1235X was the clearly the more respected machine.

When I asked my friend, Felix, the head of the service department at Fisher, about the 1236X2.............
I remember he said something like, "they tried".

The 1235X at one time, (and still may), held the record for the fastest process time in the industry.
The only machine that could be swung as fast as a golf club, or baseball bat, across four coins........
never failing to give four clear signals.

I have said it in the past, and I will say it again.........
If I were invited to a "world competition", everything on the line, "everything",..... I would show up with a 1235X.

The 1235X, to this day, remains, in the minds of many top users, the best competition machine ever made.

Just Saying
June 24, 2017 05:36PM
I thought Felix was a Newbee?
Didn't think He was a long time Fisher Guy or Detectorist?
June 24, 2017 05:47PM
Harold he has been with Fisher for many years, he's the head of the Fisher service department.
June 24, 2017 06:00PM
Back to the Los banos Days? Thought He was a First Texas Guy? I know He wasn't the First Head Service Person FT had as it was a Woman who never Detected in Her life.
Daniel on the other hand came from the Original Fisher when they Made Great Detectors.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2017 06:03PM by Harold,ILL..
June 24, 2017 06:38PM
I'm sure he told me he had to move to Texas.
Maybe I'm not remembering right?

I have always respected his opinion.
He has helped me time and time again.
June 24, 2017 06:45PM
I am sure He knows what's up.
He seems like a Nice Guy.
June 24, 2017 07:00PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also wonder if First Texas would Honor Lifetime Warranty as card is in the Box?
> Bet they would try and weasel out of it claiming It didn't come from a Dealer or some other loop hole.

Warranty contracts generally don't transfer across bankruptcies and buy-outs. I have a brand new Bounty Hunter Red Baron still with the lifetime warranty card, but that was 2 or 3 bankruptcies ago.
June 25, 2017 01:56PM
CZ-5 auction ends tomorrow
June 25, 2017 02:10PM
Simply put 1235-X was the best competition unit of its time and still holds its own even with todays technology for planted hunts....
July 07, 2017 11:00AM
I have never competition hunted. The reason the 1236X2 is a good detector is that they got the iron disc right. The factory preset iron disc is spot on and with the silencer off it is an old site marvel. Iron sounds become "white noise" and pretty much all other audio responses whether they are a beep sound or not are non-ferrous. Pure simplicity that works.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a democracy, it is difficult to win fellow citizens over to your own side, or to build public support to remedy injustices that remain all too real when you fundamentally misunderstand how they see the world.
July 10, 2017 10:16AM
I went to a competition treasure hunt once and these two guys showed up in red gym shorts and Fisher t-shirts to be honest they looked like dorks wearing knee pads and what not. Me and my buddy had a good laugh at their dress attire. They were both swinging 1235's. When the hunt started they were the fastest diggers I ever saw. They were like we'll oiled machines popping coin after coin. After the hunt my buddy came up to me and said they were like robots. I looked at him and said I see the reason they were wearing knee pads cause they would have had blisters on their knees. LOL after that hunt I got one of those 1235's and it was very good detector and I made a many a good find with it.
July 10, 2017 12:23PM
I wear knee pads and think anyone who doesn't is silly.

Some people have to be "cool" and won't wear knee pads.
I remember offering some knee pads to a guy who was doing some work under a house that was on a rough concrete pad, he said no, but then he came and asked for them 3 hours later when his knees were bleeding. Real tough guy.

I also wear Kevlar gloves when digging. They keep my hands a little cleaner so I can pick my nose on the drive home but most importantly it keeps me from slicing up my fingers on glass or metal. Same story, I've seen guys that scoff at wearing gloves slice up their hands pretty good while digging.

Knee pads can be a little annoying at times, but it's way better then kneeling on rocks, sticks damp grass etc. Some of the dirt around here gets so dry in the summer it actually hurts to kneel on it without knee pads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2017 01:20PM by AirTester.
July 10, 2017 04:06PM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I went to a competition treasure hunt once and the
> se two guys showed up in red gym shorts and Fisher
> t-shirts to be honest they looked like dorks weari
> ng knee pads and what not. Me and my buddy had a g
> ood laugh at their dress attire. They were both sw
> inging 1235's. When the hunt started they were the
> fastest diggers I ever saw. They were like we'll o
> iled machines popping coin after coin. After the h
> unt my buddy came up to me and said they were like
> robots. I looked at him and said I see the reason
> they were wearing knee pads cause they would have
> had blisters on their knees. LOL after that hunt I
> got one of those 1235's and it was very good detec
> tor and I made a many a good find with it.

We're these those Fisher Sponsored Guys called the Red Legs? Remember the ad for them back in the Day.
They traveled the Country and did competition hunts in a Fisher Logo Van I believe?
July 10, 2017 05:24PM
I can't wear knee pads for very long. I have had just about every one under the sun. They don't stay up unless they are tight. When tight, they rub the back leg worse than if I didn't use pads.

The only ones that would work would be the custom fit pads that many carpet/flooring guys wear.....If you want to spend $250 for them. Not wearing pads has toughened up my knees and has damaged them also, mostly from doing floor work, tile, trim etc.

I can be silly but I'm not a tough guy.......no pads for this boy.
July 10, 2017 06:07PM
I wear a pair of Carhart covers all's or just the Carhart pants over My other pants , sweats or whatever I am wearing. I keep a pair in the Trunk of My Car with old work boots in case I run across a likely site.They are sturdy as Hell And absorb most the Punishment. I am usually in soft turf anyways when kneeling.
July 10, 2017 08:59PM
I wasn't meaning to offend anyone who wears knee pads by my statement above I have absolutely no hate for someone wearing knee pads. I wear knee pads occasionally at work and around the house. But when I am out detecting I don't like having the back of my legs rubbed raw and besides I'm hunting in grass which is pretty gentle on the knees.
July 11, 2017 03:40PM
Harold - The 1266X is a detector I've never owned. I know many folks loved them and said they were really deep. Did you pick up any of the Fishers the guy was selling?
July 11, 2017 07:25PM
No Tom, But Not for lack of Bidding. I went pretty hard on the CZ5, But someone wanted it More. Cool piece as Had original older style Box.