Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

IMPACT/T2-C./MXT 5x9 shoot out Video......Part 2 down the barrel Video

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
IMPACT/T2-C./MXT 5x9 shoot out Video......Part 2 down the barrel Video
June 22, 2017 10:32PM
Here's a quick Video I did to show the differences of response on a Ten inch dime 4-Bar dirt on all three units..

[www.youtube.com]

Down the barrel Test ..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2017 04:32PM by Keith Southern.
Re: IMPACT/T2-C./MXT 5x9 shoot out Video
June 22, 2017 11:15PM
I think the Whites MXT Pro in CJ hit it the Best.
The Mighty Impact didn't impress Me.
June 23, 2017 12:12AM
Seems like the Impact was awful noisy. Was it EMI that was causing that?
June 23, 2017 12:13AM
A nice little competition. Thanks for putting in the time to do it. A 10 inch dime is not an easy target to find in the field. Surround it with a little iron or trash and it becomes very elusive. For raw power the MXT has always been a winner. I have seen what it can do up close and personal. .
June 23, 2017 01:30AM
I am not familiar with the mxt but it sounded like it reported it as iron? Barely had any squeak of a high tone to indicate non ferrous. Both t2 and impact had more audio sounding like potential non ferrous. But again I am not familiar with mxt
June 23, 2017 02:00AM
I would have definitely dug that target if using the MXT. The ID in the C&R mode indicated a high VDI target and if you were in monotone that sound was clean. I still use my MXT quite often cause it plain flat works.
June 23, 2017 03:00AM
Man none of those detectors will touch a 10" dime in my mild soil with coils that small!

MX Sport compared to MXT would be interesting. Sport has some great depth and iron handling. Just has those darn Atari tones!
June 23, 2017 12:36PM
I'd really be interested in seeing how the Golden Mask 5+ would do on that dime.
June 23, 2017 04:55PM
Thanks for the comparison video Mr Southern.
Your videos are always to the point and informative.
Keep them coming!

Noah
June 24, 2017 02:27AM
Hi Keith, just got a F75 today, USED, but in very good condition. It was made in OCT. 2016. It has the EMI upgrade but not the other two. It is hard to lock on to targets, very jumpey . Are all like that? I do hunt trash places. I see the T2 did the same thing in the video. Are they just that way? My MXT don't do it that much. Thanks flintstone
June 24, 2017 03:36AM
So whats your take on those tests Keith, if you don't mind me asking?

If you had to choose one from those 3, based off that test alone which one would it be?

Thanks Keith & as others have said - Your info is much appreciated (avid follower)

[www.earthscan.co.nz]
June 24, 2017 05:07AM
Speaking objectively, Most of the test with the Impact was not done with any ground balancing until the end. Would that made a difference? It should but IDK. Also, IMO, having tested TWO Impact units, I can say that I feel, that your Impact is different from mine in the way it behaves(check out my vids if you havent already). Other than that, a big THANK YOU Kieth for posting the video!!!
June 24, 2017 03:50PM
The MXT did look like it had the best and smoothest hit on the dime.

Rick
June 24, 2017 07:33PM
Great video as always Keith, and my wife is always mesmerised by your voice, think your videos are the only ones she don't mind listening to in the background smiling smiley
June 24, 2017 09:52PM
Apples to Oranges. Interesting, though, to see different machines at work. Tools. Pick one you like....this is why most of us have more than one.
Thanks for taking the time to do that, Keith!

Dean
June 24, 2017 11:21PM
I kinda wondered why you didn't run the Impact at 14 khz. That would have been closer to the T2 and MXT as far as frequency goes. You didn't GB the Impact either.
June 25, 2017 01:59AM
Shovel-----Its sparky like that..you can turn it down and eliminate most of it....its nothing like Pre DST F75 noise..

Harold-----Your a hard man....grinning smiley

Welgund------Yes the C&J mode is deep on the MXT while stable..it was mono tone too this is not a Pro-MXT...It's a 300 MXT...

DetectingMo-------The T2-C. was yours...smiling smiley

Canslaw--------Dont have a GM 5..sad smiley

Flintstone----yes there a little jumpy at depth...try to pick out the number that shows up more often as you re-sweep as a gauge I saw the dime liked to show 81 a few times on the sweeps I would of been all over that...

Rustic Charm-----The MXT is just a straight out Workhorse ...T2 is a decade of proven finds for me and T2's just feel like a second language to me and feel's natural to what it tells me...Impact is new and offers alot of options and has Horsepower more like a pre DST F75 horsepower..and you see they all three hit it...might come down to which ones in the truck that day...

Beyonder the Impact in that soil on that freq balances upper 80s on 20KHZ in that soil factory was 90 so not alot of difference ..But I guess I did forget to do it???.if it would of been too far off the grunting would of told me to do it believe me..whack whack whack ....but doubt it would of changed much at all..What's different on your Impact??

Ziggy-------MESMERIZED...TOO KIND..smiling smiley...Maybe more like DAZED AND CONFUSEDsmiling smiley

Daniel-------Yes two disadvantages...Yet worked well....not bad 20khz on a 4 bar Fe 10 inch deep DIME...and not ground balanced...I didn't have the deep ID turned on either..Or use Audio boost in GEN..I actually just have that freq saved ...seems like it worked well on that freq....

Thanks fellas..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
June 25, 2017 02:16AM
That's what I was thinking but you know how some people are towards these detectors. They'll take it that it was the best the Impact could do and that the T2 and MXT are much better machines. 4 bar dirt is tough. So is a 10 inch dime with a 5x10 coil. I think the video shows the muscle of the Impact coming through... especially since 20khz is not known for depth on high conductors. But most others are gonna see is that the Impact struggled to get the dime. I don't think a G2 or F19 with 5x10 coils could get that dime in disc mode at all. I know the F19 I had for sure wouldn't.
June 25, 2017 02:36AM
I don't know what You mean by Hard. But My Hearing May be different but I swear the MXT sounded clearer to Me? Then again I like that type Detector over the Impact/ F75 /T2 type Detector. JMHO.
June 25, 2017 07:11PM
Ill try and get a video up Tomorrow of the impact with all three freqs on that dime and maybe with some more options added..

May do a three machine test on down the barrel too..

Might try to get a live hunt in also..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
June 26, 2017 01:52AM
Keith,

It is a nice comparison and I enjoy video's like this.

Thank you,
Rick
June 26, 2017 03:05PM
"What's different on your Impact?? "

Well, I had a serve EMI issue with the first one so I got another one.

The second one was so sensitive that it would overload on a surface nickel. It also was seeing coins even when coil was at knee length, easily. It is incredibly deep!

So I switched back to the first one and it is not nearly as sensitive but very smooth. Yours seems in the middle. A little more jumpy and not as smooth as my first one but not nearly as deep as the second one.
Part 2 down the barrel Video
June 27, 2017 04:31PM
[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Re: IMPACT/T2-C./MXT 5x9 shoot out Video......Part 2 down the barrel Video
June 27, 2017 08:08PM
Keith - Thanks for posting the videos, the Impact was impressive on the down the barrel test.

Wish I had the new Impact mid-sized coil to test out this upcoming ghost town adventure weekend, I'll likely stick with the 7.5 x 4'' DD coil most of the time, been pretty impressed with that coil for it's size.

HH,
Brian