Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Update on Detectors

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Update on Detectors
June 23, 2017 09:34AM
Is the ability to update detectors over rated? There are quite a few CTX posts here lately and it got me thinking. I could be wrong, but hasn't there been only one update from Minelab this entire time? The Deus? New firmware updates have come down the road, but many users on the forums complain that the performance was better on the last firmware. Is this a feature worth having? Are we paying for a technology that is not needed? Maybe Nokta will prove me wrong.
Re: Update on Detectors
June 23, 2017 11:52AM
The Etracs ability to transfer patterns via the Internet is a very good feature.
June 23, 2017 12:10PM
In regards to the Minelab CTX and Whites V3i, yes they used the update feature as a gimmick sales pitch. The saltwater mode was the only good to come from the CTX as far as updates. In fact, I will go so far as to say that I wish it didn't even have the USB slot on it, as all it really is, is a weak point for water to get into. I hope Nokta makes good with it on the Impact.
June 23, 2017 12:33PM
Dont forget the Deus! It has updated several times. But here is the thing, short quarterly updates would be the way to go. It's a little more work, but constant improvements to a detectors software is a BIG selling point.
June 23, 2017 10:15PM
Annual updates might even be too often, but it seems like XP and Minelab COULD do more with one every two or three years. My only Whites are TDIs and I had to do third party for mods that were more chip updates (God bless you Reg!).)

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
June 24, 2017 01:51AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Etracs ability to transfer patterns via the In
> ternet is a very good feature.

yeah I must say using a mouse and simulater to create and share programs is fantastic. firmware updates would be a bonus. if you don't want usb weak point just build in bluetooth for data link to phone or computer.

pretty sure next minelab fbs machine will utilize bluetooth for data link.